Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blacklisting of Crat00

Blacklisting of Crat00

Crat00, an applicatant for Omni's own Omni-Pol was in a team today with a fixer by the name of Exayvier. Crat00 looted a gaIII disc and was asked to roll for it. Crat00 refused. Crat00 also refused after generals in his own org pleaded with him to do the right thing. Dozens of tells were sent to Crat00 begging him to do the right thing, yet he was too blinded by greed, he refused.

A member of Omni's own law enforcement.. a thief.. greedy.. What's wrong with this picture?

Please pass the word around. Keep him from selling that disc, and possibly doing the right thing. GET HIM OUT OF OUR LAW ENFORECEMENT! Meister you MUST recognize the wrong doings of this member. You must rid him of your well respected organization!

Please help us do the right thing and make sure the word gets out. These people are pathetic and sad and a disgrace to our world. Greed is never the 'right thing to do'. He claims he refuses to 'roll' for the item because he doesn't believe in it. This CRAT.. Refused to roll with the only fixer in his team for this item. REFUSED.

Burn in hell Crat00. And do OP a favor and resign your position.

Thank you to Methagen and Daeem for attempting to resolve the situation. Unfortunatly it was not successful.
    Last edited by Tristalyn; Jan 2nd, 2003 at 05:32:09.
    Tristalyn, Kaidence, Daquri, Sexykitten, Brittain
    GridStream
    Ich gebe Decavolt meine Seele und Körper
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3
    Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! HUGS!
    .·´¯`·..·» You've just been RAINBOW hugged!! «·..·´¯`·.

Yeah. Like you wouldnt dot he same. Like anyone wouldnt do that. Im not saying its right, but 80% of all AO players would prolly do the same.
    Now, if the loot was set to alpha and he got it off a mob HE got then imo you have absolutley no right to make him roll. anyway else he sould have rolled for it. But I can understand why he didnt.

I absolutaly would not have done the same thing. I have honor and respect for my teamates and others in this game. Unfortuantly not all do.
    GridStream
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3

Originally posted by Talornin
    Yeah. Like you wouldnt dot he same. Like anyone wouldnt do that. Im not saying its right, but 80% of all AO players would prolly do the same.
    Now, if the loot was set to alpha and he got it off a mob HE got then imo you have absolutley no right to make him roll. anyway else he sould have rolled for it. But I can understand why he didnt.
    I completely agree with this. While it would be a nice gesture if he looted it off a mob (alpha loot) and decided to roll with the fixer, it is by no means something he should be expected to do. If, however, he got it off a boss mob, then I can see where you are coming from.

Keep in mind. I am an outsider looking in. If I get blacklisted or shot down or even flamed for posting this I am fully prepared to take the embarressment. I can't help but do what I think is right. These things happen far too often in this game. If we can stop just one, or make a difference, any kind of difference, then I have succeeded. Perhaps I will fail miserably. That's a possibility. But I'll take the embarressment and the failed attempt and walk away with the knoweldge that at least I tried to do the right thing, and knowing in my heart if I was in this situation, would have the honor and respect to never treat someone this way.
    GridStream

I think it would be a lot easier to know this if we just knew the facts...did it drop off of a boss? Alpha loot?

Looting was on all .. doesn't matter. It's not like this will solve anything. Sorry for bringing it to the boards. Just a shame to see this happen.
    GridStream

It's a shame, but hey. What right did anyone have to the disc? Would they have upped the disc for him? Probably not.

sure, the fixer needed it, but let's look at this from another perspective: Crat00 did not need the disc, but maybe he needed 2 viral eggs or something like that. He could trade that disc for two viral eggs, thus satisfying his needs right there. So how is giving the disc to the fixer the right thing to do? Chances are, the fixer may have already had ga3 and would use crat00's disc as part of a trade for ga4. In other words, the exact same thing that crat00 did. What makes the fixer's needs more important than the crat's needs?

Since we're only getting one side of the story, and one sides of the story is always....well, one-sided, it looks like crat00 did an unethical thing, but we can't be sure, now can we? That's why posts like this get deleted. You present half of the story, which is obviously going to be skewed and you put a man's reputation on the line for it.

For all we know, it could have gone like this:

Crat00 loots a ga3 disc

Crat00: WOOT! GA3!!!
    Teammate1: GIVE THAT TO ME YOU GODDAMNED NINJA LOOTER!
    Teammate2: Hand over the F***ing disc, a**hole!
    Teammate3: What a jerk.
    Teammate4: Give me that disc NOW, before I contact your guild leader.

Considering this is AO, the above would be a believable scenario. I'm normally a level headed guy, but when faced with insults, accusations and demands, I blow my top and tend to tell people to f*** off. A *very* similar situation happened to me very recently. I purchased a 14% ellts scope, hoping to use it to replace a 13% scope my MP (well I actually just put it on my new enforcer today) is using that was given to me (it was rumored that odd numbered crit modifiers round down when cut in half for pvp, making a 13% scope have 6% effectiveness in pvp. I believe this may be true), but I decided that the init penalty would be too much, as would the ip spent.

So I put the 14% scope on the market and I get a reply from the guy that gave me my current scope asking if it was the same scope and why was I selling it. Someone else steps in and calls me "lame" and tells me I'm "pwned" and I basically snapped.

The point I'm trying to make here is to cool down a bit before you post these kinds of personal matters on 3 or 4 threads and re-examine the situation. Did you come at him with accusations, some insults, screaming and hollering? Again, I've been playing AO long enough to believe it happened like that. And in light of that, if you had strangers jumping down your throat like that before you even got a choice to explain yourself, what would you do? Would you give up the disc to a bunch of people that just got done calling you a loser, an A-hole, threatened you, etc? Be honest when you answer.

But the bottom line is, threads like this get deleted for a reason, and that reason is they are SO one sided and damaging to the other person that it oft times would cause that person to quit over something that was not actually their fault.

Mellow out and rethink the things your saying. As to crat00's guild, I don't know crat00 and outside of my observations here, I don't care to take one side or the other. But before you boot your comrade, think about what I said and handle things diplomatically. Greed is a problem in this game, but so is short-sightedness. Cross posting these accusations and bashes only makes your own quality of character look bad. I personally would have expected better from you. Disappointed is how I feel.

Peace.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

/me see's the foot in Deacon's mouth and thinks

Well I suppose telling you to 'open mouth insert foot' is out of the question.. Maybe next time.
    GridStream

Originally posted by Tristalyn
    /me see's the foot in Deacon's mouth and thinks

Well I suppose telling you to 'open mouth insert foot' is out of the question.. Maybe next time.
    What is this supposed to mean? Try defending your side instead of attacking people for making a good point.
    signature ! !

I did respond to his point somewhere else, thanks ^.^

I'm not attacking Deacon. Mesa loves Teh Footness. *huggles*
    GridStream

Originally posted by Some Guy

What is this supposed to mean? Try defending your side instead of attacking people for making a good point.
    I don't think teh deacon bites on insults. The reference to feet is..... an old thing with teh deacon (and teh footness).

Oh, heh. Alright then carry on. :P
    signature ! !

*huggles* hehe
    GridStream

Too much color in that sig!

~Chris

Not enough color in yours my friend!
    GridStream

Aw tris sweetie, I know you're trying to do the right thing here, so the flame ya gave me doesn't even bother me. I'm used to getting flames when I try to do make an objective and neutral point. This is why I tell jokes.

You're heart's in the right place, but...bah, why do I even bother helping anymore? I could really care less anymore. Just dry your eyes after you're done whining or something :/

Going back to that promise I made earlier to Akodoreign. Take care people...

/deacon out.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Tristalyn you have some real issues.

Get over it, it is a material item, MATERIAL?

And do you really have to spam this message over every single board?

I always thought you were better than that.

But obviously not, to hold a vendetta against someone and to try to make their life hell in this game?

Why?

I think you have some real social issues that you need to deal with, such as Getting a Life"!
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Spoken like a true Omni-Pol. Bravo *applauds*

And to answer your question. Yes. I do. Why? Because I believe in honesty and integrity and when I believe in something it's not half assed. I will risk everything to stand up for what's right.
    Always thought better of me? Wow, that's a bit shocking, sorry to dissapoint you.

Real social issues? .. hmm *thinks* Well.. I don't like jackasses, and I don't get along with them too nicely, so yes, perhaps my social skills are lacking due to this.. But generally I'm not that bad ^.^
    Last edited by Tristalyn; Jan 2nd, 2003 at 15:20:03.
    GridStream

I will tell you the simple problem with this situation. When it comes to any other item, crat00 and anyone else would have fully expected the fixer to cough it up, or roll for it. But when it comes to Grid Armor, all of a sudden it is ok to be greedy. And what is screwed up is that 99% of the people backing crat00 in this, would totally flip if he had looted something other than GA, somthing they wanted, and he wouldnt roll for it. Some how, GA being found is supposed to be different.

Personally, I have a mind to ask all fixers to start a movement to never ever give up anything that they loot while teamed, except of course for the boss.

Let's face it, this is not the first time this has happened. And I think it's only fair that we respond in a fashion that not only raises awareness of the issue, but gives them a taste of their own medicine.

As fixers, we are one of the few professions that are expected to hand out buffs for free. And you know what? Most of us don't mind. Every time I sit in a populated area, you hear, "tipping for wrangle", "tipping for +80 treatment", or "tipping for essence". How many of you have ever heard, "tipping for ncu buff". You haven't. Because it doesn't happen.

We are considered one of the most, if not the most, giving professions in the game. And yet, we get s*** on every time a non-fixer in a team loots GA.

I say it's time to stand up to it. Maybe everyone in Crat00's guild should be put on a black list and never given fixer buffs.

But it won't happen. At least not on a large scale. Why?

Because fixers are just to freaking nice. Will we never learn...
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast