Thread: Update of Dovee map!!

Lightbulb Update of Dovee map!!

Hi, first of all i want to thank Dovee for the great map he has maid!

And now, i have updated the map a bit, so that it now provides a few boss locations, and moved a grid.. . but i dont know of every update that has been made since Dovee stopped making the map.

But if you want to help me, you can go and DL the map here, with the changes i have made. The map is fully functional include the original Dovee updates, so you can change it with the old Dovee, and still have the same functions and more.

http://www.mor-far.dk/ao/default.asp

I would like any comments, or if you have anything to contribute with, please let me know. You can use the online formular, or this email ao@mor-far.dk

Hmmm like you said yourself. You need to add a lot more boss locations. Try to search the forums, there were a lot of threads listing them. (1 big one was rooted, not sure if it's still).

2nd, I'm omni..... so why would I want that mini map of athen?
    If you gonna add a thing like that, you better make 3 versions of your map.

I do like it though that you have taken it up to try to improve dovve's work.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

http://www.ao-zone.com/AnarchyDynacamps.html
    Here is a list (taken from the forums here, so it contains a few errors and some duplicates).

(I also contributed a lot to this list myself btw )
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Thx for the tip, i will try to find locations on the forum.

I was intending to make 2 wersions, 1 for OMNI and 1 for claners, but hornestley, i forgot Neutral (Sory)
    (ore youst remove the Old Athen map, then it would be the same map for everyone, don't know yet)

1) Reason why there is nothing at OMNI area, is that i havent started a OMNI yet, but that will come.

2) Reason why i put it on now, i hope people would come with sugestions befor i make to many changes, i had maid one with other colors, but then a frind told me, people are used to the color, and they like it the way, so no changes in color i figured

3) Everything has to get out to people, so that they can give feedback, thats the only way to improve things.

Originally posted by DudeSicko
    Thx for the tip, i will try to find locations on the forum.

I was intending to make 2 wersions, 1 for OMNI and 1 for claners, but hornestley, i forgot Neutral (Sory)
    (ore youst remove the Old Athen map, then it would be the same map for everyone, don't know yet)

1) Reason why there is nothing at OMNI area, is that i havent started a OMNI yet, but that will come.

2) Reason why i put it on now, i hope people would come with sugestions befor i make to many changes, i had maid one with other colors, but then a frind told me, people are used to the color, and they like it the way, so no changes in color i figured

3) Everything has to get out to people, so that they can give feedback, thats the only way to improve things.
    Another color might work.
    It just means you have to have 2 versions, as some would indeed like to keep the blue one.

Omni-Tek is your friend!

1) Is it tomuch that the LVL of the mob is on the map aswell ?
    2) Should i only make a dot ?
    3) Forget about the shops, and make only 1 map ?

Problem.

One dynacamp can spawn multiple random similar bosses of varying quality levels.

I have my own list of camp bosses Ive found but I dont shar eit with anyone but friends and guildies, nor will I ever download a map that shows where they are. Im an adventurer, and your creation will simply destroy this game for me.

Originally posted by Emiko
    Problem.

One dynacamp can spawn multiple random similar bosses of varying quality levels.

I have my own list of camp bosses Ive found but I dont shar eit with anyone but friends and guildies, nor will I ever download a map that shows where they are. Im an adventurer, and your creation will simply destroy this game for me.
    /Agrees.

Dovve had a vote on the forum about placing camp bosses on the map, and the majority answered no.

/Journe

I think its a great idea myself personally. And I remember that vote. The majority DIDNT say no. It was pretty mixed half and half. She just decided not to do it. Nice job though on the maps.

One thing... Dovve... was a girl.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

why not add all 3 mini-maps, into one map

i have omni, and clan chars, i see no reason to have to DL another map when i wanna play on an alt, so i suggest,

place a trade mini-map near trade, keep the athen one, and about the neutrals...

NL has a few shops, as does borealis, and also stret west, but i dont think theres a major trading area, so maybe clan/omni would work out, not sure =)

Originally posted by Jerrak
    why not add all 3 mini-maps, into one map

i have omni, and clan chars, i see no reason to have to DL another map when i wanna play on an alt, so i suggest,

place a trade mini-map near trade, keep the athen one, and about the neutrals...

NL has a few shops, as does borealis, and also stret west, but i dont think theres a major trading area, so maybe clan/omni would work out, not sure =)
    Hmmm actually I have no need for a map of Trade.
    Think I rather see a map without those mini maps.

About the monsters... YES, definately put the (average) level of the mobs there, that way you can pick which one you want to kill with your team.

Omni-Tek is your friend!

1) Is it tomuch that the LVL of the mob is on the map aswell ? YES
    2) Should i only make a dot ? YES
    3) Forget about the shops, and make only 1 map ? YES
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

I haven’t got that much reaction as I had hoped for, so I do a little test now, that I release the next version with more DunaCamps on.

On this version there is no LVL of the boss (this is a test), to see the reaction of people, I hope by this way I can get more people to tell me what they think, should be done, if they think there should be lvl on or off.

Do we need a trade mini map? Some say yes, and some no, but I haven’t got a clear picture yet.

Here's what you could try

Make a circle for the dynacamps, and a specific color dot inside the circle to represent danger lvl ..

i.e. grey for lowbie camps 1-50
    green for midlow 51-90
    yellow for midrange 91-115
    orange for lowhigh 116-150
    and red for high mobs 151-200
    for above 200 you could use a red dot and a + maybe ?

I liked the actual level number with it just fine.

Omni-Tek is your friend!

No Camps

I agree that there should not be any camps listed on the map. There are too many of them and too many peices of erroneous/missing info and the map will begin to become cluttered and an eyesore. Updating this would be a constant task.

Plus, it would be a problem for folks like Emiko that are trying to avoid having that much information handed to them. I have my own list printed out that has the Dyna Camps, I've only needed to use it on one hunting trip. Other then that I never want to know, or need to know, where they are located.

As for another color, I don't use Dovve's version because of the blue. There just isn't enough contrast in it to see the terrain. I use another version derived from Dovve's from www.travel.to/rubi-ka. The coloring of it is much more to my liking. And yes that is a personal opinion

The mini maps...I would keep them off. Again, making these maps too detailed takes away from a portion of this game, the exploring portion. And if you make one of Athen, then you need one of Tir and Omni Trade, and wherever the Neuts spawn (I have no idea of that). All of these things are available online also at www.travel.to/rubi-ka.
    Mahaveera of the Clan Anarchist Syndicate
    Manager of the Happy Rebel
    President and Director of Events and Entertainment

If you would like to arrange a special event at the Happy Rebel please send me a tell and I would happy to assist.

Originally posted by Mahaveera
    As for another color, I don't use Dovve's version because of the blue. There just isn't enough contrast in it to see the terrain. I use another version derived from Dovve's from www.travel.to/rubi-ka. The coloring of it is much more to my liking. And yes that is a personal opinion
    I also started using this map recently and much prefer it - like being able to see where water is, and the diff colours for omni/clan/neut grid & whompa (suits my bad memory - was forever peering at the screen and having to check which side was which shape on Dovve's) - and it retains all the best stuff from Dovve's, might be a bit too rich for some tho..

Also tried Dovve's skin at the same time, and omg should have done it ages ago, everything so so much clearer Fine work.
    The nature of monkey is irrepressible.
    Silq ~ Barabajagal ~ Ubik ~ Steampunk ~ Fleshwoman & others