Thread: Confused about Notum Wars

Confused about Notum Wars

I have bought Notum Wars and installed the CDs. It came with a key, I went to register it to my account I already have but it said I wouldn't get anything from using that key. Does this mean that you dont have to register it to an account to get the bonuses? What exactly did I get from installing Notum Wars? I don't notice any differences. Please help, thank you.

you get access to some different shops that sell stuff for yalmahas (airplanes), towers and stuff.

if you installed the NW CD as well, you get slightly better graphic with some extra dropships that fly over the place, from one place to another.

What about the CD key? Do I have to register with it or is it for people that just bought the game only? Thanks for the reply!

you need to use the "Notum Wars" cd key to update your present account to use NW. However you should ALSO have another "Anarchy-online" CD key. you dont need to use this, UNLESS you wish to start a second account. Hope this helps.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

It seems as though I might have a problem then. Im trying to upgrade my current account that I have had since last year. I'm using the key that is inside of the Notum Wars disc holder. When I try register it, it gives me this:

This key will give you nothing more
    You have entered a key that would give you no upgrades to your account that you not already have. We advise you to give it to a friend or something similar instead.

Sounds like a problem to me? And yes, I am using the Game Key that comes with Notum Wars on an open and paid Anarchy Online account.

like lilnymph said, NW comes with 2 CD keys, one for the AO game and one for NW. Make sure you are using the NW CD key, not the AO CD key. Both are inside the disk holder.

NW question from a NOOB

I have just started playing AO, I purchased a CD in the store for 20bux and have been thoroughly enjoying my experience therein. I noticed the Notum Wars mentioned but thought nothing of it when I first started playing this game, now I am getting further in the game and have realized that altho purchased less than a month ago the CD I purchased did not include NW. From looking on the website it is a 10$ cd here and basically Im wondering am i gonna get screwed out of 20 more dollars, just to play the full game? My question then is if/when i would purchase the NW CD would i be recieving another free month? Seems i should after spending still another 20 bux jus to get the full game when NW is not really listing as a true expansion. Also I have to wonder if it didnt update to the NW just because the startup screens displayed for NW in the screenshots section are how the game looked for me and the startup screenshots that were with the CD were not at all what took place in character creation... a little clarification on this would be greatly appreciated especially since I now own 2 accounts. Really seems weak that NW would be an expansion, but not really... Any help would be appreciated
    so you thought i might know something? well they don't pay me enough to "know" anything

Oci: In the launcher there should be an option labelled "Register Account" on the bottom right area. In the window that opens when you click that, go to "register notum wars" link in the top right of that window. Put in the Key labelled "Notum Wars" from your CD jacket in that box. NOT the key labelled "Anarchy Online CD Key." If you put in one key and nothing works, put in the other. If neither does anything, then you've got a problem and should contact support@anarchy-online.com.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Originally posted by Ociaven
    It seems as though I might have a problem then. Im trying to upgrade my current account that I have had since last year. I'm using the key that is inside of the Notum Wars disc holder. When I try register it, it gives me this:

This key will give you nothing more
    You have entered a key that would give you no upgrades to your account that you not already have. We advise you to give it to a friend or something similar instead.

Sounds like a problem to me? And yes, I am using the Game Key that comes with Notum Wars on an open and paid Anarchy Online account.
    Sounds like total BS to me!