Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only MA ticked off at doing 160 dam at lev 150?

Riot-
    Are you saying that your guild leader can go through a 100% hard level and kill all the mobs by himself? If so, I smell bulls**t.
    Even if it were possible (which it's not) he'd level 3 times over the course of the mission and would be level 125+ in a couple days.

Maybe you meant that he can run like hell though a 100% hard mission and get the item & reward? Anyone can do that with a little luck.

Originally posted by Looke
    Lazerus - "Looke's matrix analogy was about right they should be able to dodge REALLY well" my what? =) wasn't me who wrote that matrix thing, not that it really matters. Altho, yes MAs should be the masters of dodge/evade.. but well, aren't they already that? +5/5 skill + buffs. And I stick with that the crit buff should be self only, (and I'm not even MA ) + the minimum damage need a fix. =)

Matrix

/me uses an emote that don't really exist

Heya Grid Armor +150 evades +2100 DMSModifier (base DMSModi is supposed to be 100 )

bye bye MA

One day I'll find MK-IV !! Or maybe should I begin with MK-I....

heheh 100% that's a good one. It doesn't happen.

Nutbar, you missed it, cson said that he was the aforementioned guild leader. My fireballs aren't quite as big as cson's so I can only do 90% missions but a few more training sessions and I'll be able to do it too. As for his portable MP, I have to call bullsh*t on that, the smallest ones I've been able to find all turned out to be agents in false profession.

Oh, by the way Riot, tell your guild leader to send me a /tell, generate a 100% mission, and I'll give him 1 million credits for every veteran/master/ace/whatnot that he can solo in my presence.

Originally posted by Archu

The point in MA weapons is ofcourse their high min damage and fast speed. Too bad the speed is capped at 1 sec so that 0.3sec attack rating isn't going to do you any good.
    Having a 0.3sec rate allows you to put your slider on full aggressive, where you would have 2.3sec (far from 1) attack speed. You would need 800 mele init to go back to one and then you would have much better evades.

That's the purpose of ultra fast weapon. Note that with 2 blades you can strike each sec and I suppose it is the same with fist (while I m not sure at all).

Another point I m not sure, do your brawl skill depend on recharge ? If so you should brawl a lot, if you got a recharge time below .60sec.

And your min damage with these weapons are really huge for min damage.

I didn't say these weapons are working good yet , but I saw many posts where it seems the purpose of some abilities weren't clear enough (like "why a .30sec speed ?).

Hope it helps some.

Brawl is every 15 seconds, nomatter what weapon you use.
    But it gets parried at least 1/3 of the time again level 125+ melee mobs.
    Anuns parry 50%+ of the time.

WTF? This thread used to be about soldier/ma pvp issues, and you guys start bringing ethnicity into this debate?

Biatch i gonna put you azz on the street and pimp you like a mother with my Athlon 1.6 ghz processor in the hiz-ous and then smack your ***** azz around wit my GeForce 3 64mb DDR Biatch!

Quit the "Shiat" and have a real discussion.
    Soldiers are Fubar....I Demand a Pet!

Originally posted by Nutbar03
    Brawl is every 15 seconds, nomatter what weapon you use.
    But it gets parried at least 1/3 of the time again level 125+ melee mobs.
    Anuns parry 50%+ of the time.
    Thanx for info

Question

What about the use of parry and wall balde to tank ?

Angry

Parry work only if you have the 3 implants, parry expertise... then you will parry... sometimes. As your level goes up, you parry less and less. which leads to a complete waste of IP, especially when you have 600 in parry skill and only parry once every 50 hits on green cons.

And this the same for evades... Can anyone tell me i evaded one hit? i did... i was in the backyard. Since.... never.

The fact is Funcom says the MA is the biggest damage dealer over time.... we are not!
    The fact is Funcom says the MA is champion at evades.... they are green but we take all hits!
    The fact is Funcom says that every profession should give a challenge in pvp... MA does not!

If i go into an arena, i die.
    If i go on a 100% mission a level 97, i have to pull every mobs at the entrance. I have a good armor, i have good implants.

Now the only thing i do in team is give VS, heal, don't even press 'q'... sometimes in case of add, deal a Shen, and that's it... I don't even play my main anymore except if my guildmates ask me to heal and to crit.
    This is bothering me.

I shouldn't have to go to the surgery clinics with 4 friends to put on ql200 implants (understand who can), i shouldn't have to have 450 in comp litt to get all the buff i can.... and all this for what? not even be the most damage dealer over time... just to complete a 100% mission without worries.

Now if this game is designed to be playable only from lvl 1 to 100 without cheating or overequiping, it's a big design problem and Funcom has to state on this.

By the way, did any of you, guys, ever see a Trader casting a team wrangler during a fight? I don't think this was designed to equip better stuff, but anyway.

Now the question is not who is better than who, it is that MAs can't play the game as they are supposed to (the biggest damage dealer over time, after all, this is why we choose this profession, isn't it), so why?! and what Funcom has to do to correct this.

What makes me the more angry is not that we suck, it is Funcom that says, yes.. we're gonna love you... then... silence, nothing. I fear the false fix or butt love like last time.

The second thing that makes me angry is that there is so many weapons in this games but only one patern :
    Soldiers : novaflow
    Enforcers : Hammer/beam (some tries riders but less effective)
    Others : Vektor/Krutt Assault
    Funcom has to state on the problem of high speed weapons or remove all others weapons of the game, they are no use.... but then again... no communication about Funcom on this point.

When i think of MA, yes, i'm angry now, this why after 5 differents MAs, I play an adv, damn, I am masochist.

Rachelle 'Falha' Drapkin

heheh....nice rant Falha. I've heard it put a hundred ways, and half of those were mine, but I never get sick of a good solid MA whine post. I especially enjoyed:

What makes me the more angry is not that we suck, it is Funcom that says, yes.. we're gonna love you... then... silence, nothing. I fear the false fix or butt love like last time.

Talking

Sorry, i was really angry... but at least, you enjoyed it, Ming.

I'm just hopping too much after 8 month of playing AO
    If only i knew what they are prepairing for us, Ming, i could give up now or jump a yuhu.

The only 2 things i will remind and keep on my main are her ql50 (an old one) and ql100 Ring of Suffering, She allways has them on her, what a pity she can't wear them... this is where the real spirit of the MA is in AO, i guess.

Rachelle 'Falha' Drapkin
    Last edited by Littlepad; Jan 30th, 2002 at 10:05:32.

Re: Re: I will r00t j00

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

This is the stupidest comment known to man. Everybody should be viable in PVP. Everybody. That was the entire hook to the game. Even Doctors.
    Everyone should also have wanted and viable group buffs, green nano skills and green trade skills.

Arrow so u think there should be classes that bad, no, usless at pvp?

We are not talking a buff class here, I wanted to be an MA to mainly be a tank, do damage and maybe do some healing. I also like the consept.

What? Are you saying that MAs SHOULD be bad at PvP???
    Vailin 179 MA RK1
    Carnby lev 139 Soldier RK1

Unhappy Sad tidings

A team dint want me today for the first time "because they already had an MA"....

If thats not saying something I dont know what is.
    Vailin 179 MA RK1
    Carnby lev 139 Soldier RK1

MA sucks, to low dmg... need a big boost, fast hits should do dmg too, not only slow hard hits.
    NT phone HOME!!

Re: Sad tidings

Originally posted by Pailin
    A team dint want me today for the first time "because they already had an MA"....

If thats not saying something I dont know what is.
    You lucky bastard i hear Sorry man, we are only interested in MP's/Engy's/Docs, maybe next time
    Soldiers are Fubar....I Demand a Pet!

Re: Re: Sad tidings

Originally posted by rockgod

You lucky bastard i hear Sorry man, we are only interested in MP's/Engy's/Docs, maybe next time
    Hmm, they cant have understood the value of a crit buff... I ALWAYS make sure to have an MA in team, for crit buff and heals, but again I say, your dmg is to low.
    NT phone HOME!!

MAs are mostly appreciated by weapons classes such as Soldiers, Enforcers, Agents, and Traders because our crit buffs make them hit a lot harder.

MAs are typically not needed by NTs, MPs, Bureacrats, and Engies because we really can't provide them with anything other than secondary healing. They'll only use MAs and Adventurers to fill the group.

Personally, I would much rather team with Soldiers, Enforcers, Agents, Traders, and Adventurers because they make up a much faster, more robust group. They're also appreciative of our crit buffs, so at least we can feel like we belong there. With pet classes, I don't really know what my role is. Also, people that play pet classes tend to be anal retentive - not all, but a lot.

Originally posted by Falha
    Parry work only if you have the 3 implants, parry expertise... then you will parry... sometimes. As your level goes up, you parry less and less. which leads to a complete waste of IP, especially when you have 600 in parry skill and only parry once every 50 hits on green cons.

And this the same for evades... Can anyone tell me i evaded one hit? i did... i was in the backyard. Since.... never.
    Evade reduce criticals.

Also do you use your evades with 100% def slider ?

The fact is Funcom says the MA is the biggest damage dealer over time.... we are not!
    The fact is Funcom says the MA is champion at evades.... they are green but we take all hits!
    The fact is Funcom says that every profession should give a challenge in pvp... MA does not!
    Stop whining, you have your patch next week. 13.6

It should fix your damage issue.

If i go into an arena, i die.
    If i go on a 100% mission a level 97, i have to pull every mobs at the entrance. I have a good armor, i have good implants.

Now the only thing i do in team is give VS, heal, don't even press 'q'... sometimes in case of add, deal a Shen, and that's it... I don't even play my main anymore except if my guildmates ask me to heal and to crit.
    This is bothering me.

I shouldn't have to go to the surgery clinics with 4 friends to put on ql200 implants (understand who can), i shouldn't have to have 450 in comp litt to get all the buff i can.... and all this for what? not even be the most damage dealer over time... just to complete a 100% mission without worries.
    "Just to complete a 100% mission without worries" ???

OK and you whine because you can only just complete a 100% mission without worries ? I have miss somehing here. 100% missions are the 'top' missions. It seems the real problem with min damage comes in level 100+ and you are 100-.

Now if this game is designed to be playable only from lvl 1 to 100 without cheating or overequiping, it's a big design problem and Funcom has to state on this.

By the way, did any of you, guys, ever see a Trader casting a team wrangler during a fight? I don't think this was designed to equip better stuff, but anyway.
    Again I missed something here it seems. Why wouldn't I use a +100 bonus to my skills to equip a better gun ?

Help from others class and calculation, implants whatever you want deserve to equip better than you could.

Now the question is not who is better than who, it is that MAs can't play the game as they are supposed to (the biggest damage dealer over time, after all, this is why we choose this profession, isn't it), so why?! and what Funcom has to do to correct this.

Did you read posts about next patch ? You probably have as you post in the 'next patch' section. Your big issue is your min damage at 100+. This should be fix with 13.6 (next week normaly).

The second thing that makes me angry is that there is so many weapons in this games but only one patern :
    Soldiers : novaflow
    Enforcers : Hammer/beam (some tries riders but less effective)
    Others : Vektor/Krutt Assault
    Funcom has to state on the problem of high speed weapons or remove all others weapons of the game, they are no use.... but then again... no communication about Funcom on this point.

When i think of MA, yes, i'm angry now, this why after 5 differents MAs, I play an adv, damn, I am masochist.

Rachelle 'Falha' Drapkin
    I agree we have actually a low choice of weapon in any class. The high speed weaps need to be fix, but the game is enjoyable without them. Of course it will be much better with them but wait a bit, I prefer they fix some serious issues before fast weapons.

By the way you have (you MA) the highest min damage high speed weapon. Maybe they can be use ? Don't know really (at first thought I don't think so but..).

But you complain you can only "just to complete a 100% mission without worries". I don't know what to think about other statements...
    Last edited by Zuh; Jan 31st, 2002 at 00:54:00.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast