Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove CC now!

Remove CC now!

Its broken and need to be removed entirely, not changed or repaired, REMOVED!

Happy new year.

My last experience in tower battle with CC:

We attacked a base things were fine, no opposition and the base was slowly going down. I noticed a few time that CC was kicking me out even if there was no enemy close. After a few minutes, defenders started to show up and things went bad. First, a few defenders started to pick fight and when they were running away, we couldnt chase because CC was pushing us back but the defenders could go anywhere they want. After that more defenders started to show up, this is when things got crazy. First of all, there was this invisible line that push ppl back. But this doesnt work because that line push anyone back without checking the side/attacker/defender capacity. Doesnt matter what side your helping, CC doesnt make any check before kicking you out. What happen is simple. You get attackers and defenders on each side unable to attack eachothers and if your unlucky enough to be able to pass the CC wall, you cant retreat and you die. My suggestion: Remove CC from the game, do not change the setting or way it work, remove it. We still and we still crash the servers. CC is useless and it doesnt help tower battle AT ALL.

Yup, I'd rather LD and risk my chances of logging back in into friends then being rubberbanned back to 30 omni.

CC sucks, no one likes it.

kthxbye.

It dosen't work. CC is supposed to help with lag? Really? Why do we still get lag with CC?

Bouncing off an invisible barrier like some fly off a window sucks. I'd rather go LD than not be able to move where I need to be.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

For a while last night while defending a base, CC made it so that I couldn't move at all.

I moved forward, and bounced back to where I started because of CC.

I moved backward, and bounced back to where I started because of CC.

I tried moving sideways, to either side, and bounced back to where I started because of CC.

This persisted for at least five full minutes; really, if I wanted to be rooted for that long I'd delete my free movement stims and go make faces at Insida.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Im such a root whore I cast more root in combat than I shoot with my gun

The crowd control system is retarded. But since its an FC creation, you cant expect much else
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

You noticed funcom is completely silent on the issue, thats their way of saying we know it broke but live with it. its the same stance on the lag and warping, their servers are underpowered and they dont' want to upgrade them

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

Yea but the Dev are all in vacation cause its Xmas time hehe.

remove it

We've been asking FC to remove this crap from the game ever since it reared its fugly head. FC this is a bad game feature and not one im willing to pay for. Im paying to participate in all events on server not just events that only 20 ppl showed up for so there is room for me to be there as well. Whats the point of a MMORPG if the most ppl you can manage to have in one area is 20 or so per side.Might as well just have lots of smaller servers if thats the best you can do. This crowd control is garbage remove it and let ppl deal with lag as they will its far better than this lame-ass solution.

Because flaming Funcom when they're trying to help is really constructive and a sure way to get it fixed!
    I wish FC would just follow Reakktors route and ban you nimrods who flame them on their own boards.

Go Reakktor, a company who's not afraid of its customers.
    Plus they have strippers in Neocron.
    Last edited by Eisen; Jan 4th, 2003 at 20:20:30.

you are an odd fellow.

Originally posted by Rhaz
    Because flaming Funcom when they're trying to help is really constructive and a sure way to get it fixed!
    I wish FC would just follow Reakktors route and ban you nimrods who flame them on their own boards.

Go Reakktor, a company who's not afraid of its customers.
    Plus they have strippers in Neocron.
    you might find the constructive threads up ahead on the page where people argued cc would fail before it was conceived and people reporting their findings that it WAS INDEED failing.

pvp in ao has more rules and loopholes open for exploits then anything which is why it is so utterly broken.

today i watched a ma gank a guildie in a 100% area.

guildie could not even fight back because the gas level changed while the ma happily killed him. how lame is that?

not to talk about people who team with higher level ups so you cant attack them.

not to talk about outside buffs who make or break low to mid lvl pvp.

its total bullocks.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

well heres my observation so far i have noticed that CC tends to treat people like this Defender- Guild Owners of the Towers Attackers= Everyone else here is were the problem lies if its setup for 50% of the people to be defenders the only way you would fill these spots is if a large guild like Legion,Storm,BoB is being attacked were they can actualy fill those spots. Otherwise the Defenders get screwed because 50% will be saved for people that will never show up because the guild defending isnt large enough so Omni showing up to help defend anothers guild towers get bundled in with the Attackers who are already there?
    This is at least what i Think is going on
    A valid method to fix this would be to have a Affilation Option for Guild leaders to maybe designate other guilds as defenders? Or have it always treat same side Orgs and People as defenders however this runs into a problem with 5% being that then defenders could get ousted by exploiting the system.
    Oh well just my 2 cents Flame away

[today i watched a ma gank a guildie in a 100% area.

guildie could not even fight back because the gas level changed while the ma happily killed him. how lame is that? ]

Just a question on that was your guildy **(name)** from attacking a tower earlier because then its actualy game mechanics doing there best
    Last edited by Khamuk; Jan 5th, 2003 at 05:22:59.

Re: you are an odd fellow.

Originally posted by Blackwing

not to talk about people who team with higher level ups so you cant attack them.

Interesting point. That was a fix to an old pvp cheat back in the pre-notum wars days. People would team with higher ups, then you could attack the person in your level range, but anyone in the team could then attack you so you had 200 enforcers pounding on level 10 players in MMD.

Great example of FC making a mess out of their own rules, basically, if there are to be level limitations on PVP, they should be transparent to teams, that means if someone is teamed there should be no reason you can't attack them, and if you attack them if someone higher is out of your range there should be nothing they can do about it but watch their team-mate fight.

Originally posted by Jynne
    For a while last night while defending a base, CC made it so that I couldn't move at all.

I moved forward, and bounced back to where I started because of CC.

I moved backward, and bounced back to where I started because of CC.

I tried moving sideways, to either side, and bounced back to where I started because of CC.
    There is currently an issue with rubberbanding but I thought it was limited to missions.

What you describe might not actually be related to CC, and its certainly worth investigating. I've heard of similar things happening when no other players are around.
    A Genuine Lucien - Accept No Substitutes

Sometime you move forward and you get pushed backward with a CC message and after that you move backward and you get pushed frontward with a CC message. Your trapped...

Originally posted by Lucien
    There is currently an issue with rubberbanding but I thought it was limited to missions.

What you describe might not actually be related to CC, and its certainly worth investigating. I've heard of similar things happening when no other players are around.
    It is definately not limited to missions. I've seen it everywhere, but one thing that I notice is that it seems to happen alot more when strafing/sidestepping is involved.
    .: Naraya :.

Originally posted by Insida
    Sometime you move forward and you get pushed backward with a CC message and after that you move backward and you get pushed frontward with a CC message. Your trapped...
    It is a seperate issue from the mission rubberbanding. In missions you rubberband around randomly if you run too quickly, because the server and client don't agree to where you are (which causes the black door glitches). The CC rubberbanding establishes a wall around a crowded area, if you run inside the wall, it rubberbands you back to a set area a few feet back from the wall and gives you the message 'You are trying to enter a too crowded area' or something along those lines. If it gets really bad, you can't move anywhere, taking a step in any direction will rubberband you immediately back, and when it's REALLY bad you actually keep rubberbanding while standing in place. You just sort of bump up and down while the system chain-warps you to the same spot over and over, and your whole chat box fills with the CC warping message. This really bad case happened to me for the first time at the 150 RHD base yesterday as we took down the CT... before that it had never actually done the 'warp in place' thing before.

The other issue isn't the rubberbanding, it's the CC slingshoting (or catapulting). At the Forsaken base in mort yesterday, I was doing just fine, had little to no lag, and was fighting a stray omni or two when I got the CC warp message, and it warped me OFF OF THE MAP! Yeah, I hit P, and I was in the black area outside of the charted map. When I tried to fly back to the Mort zone (which I was in, except not...) I hit the invisible wall that keeps people from going outside of the mapped area... except it was keeping me from going back inside the map area.

That was a little bit frustrating.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Originally posted by Lucien

Yeah I guess the message saying it is from CC must be some sort of a bug too.

/me rolls her eyes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast