Thread: Why mobs are warping instead of running ?

Why mobs are warping instead of running ?

How the hell can i root a mob on it's way to me when instead of running he's warping ?

I just started an agent, bought the 1st root nano and most of the time i can't use it. I select a mob from the fartest reach of my rifle, hit aimed shot, keep firing while the mob is running toward me, when it reach nano range, hit him with the root. Sound like a good strategy eh ? No it's not working !

I hit the mob with aimed shot and instead of running to me, he's warping. Even from 80 yards away, (Not sure the exact range, but at the limit of my rifle) he's at my feet in 1/4 of a second. How the hell i'm supposed to use my root then ?

Make monster run instead of warp!
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

What I hate is when I'm easily outrunning a mob slower than me, and he keeps warping to just behind me whenever there is an obstacle, such as slightly uneven terrain, between us. A couple days ago I died because of this.

The next time you try your aimed shot/root strategy, make sure the ground between you and the mob is flat. The more uneven it is, the more likely the mob will warp.

At game launch, mobs did not warp. Some players figured out there were perches in certain hunting areas where they could go and the mobs would not be able to reach them. This allowed players to make good xp at no risk to themselves. FunCom hates that. Warping was introduced to make sure mobs could always get to you.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

The problem is that obstacles are not always the triggering cause of warps.

I was in Mort the other day, outside of Parrot form... I had about 1800 run speed..I got aggroed by both a Greater Anun Slasher and a Large Intestine Horror.

I wasn't buffed, and didn't really feel like fighting them...so I ran off. As SOON as I got out of map range of them, they would teleport right to me.

This was in the middle of the desert... There were no rocks, no obstacles... I was simply way faster than them. And I--a level 163 Adventurer with 1800 run speed--could simply not run away from these mobs. (I cast Parrot after being annoyed for a while, and just flew off.)

-Jayde

Originally posted by Hypos
    At game launch, mobs did not warp. Some players figured out there were perches in certain hunting areas where they could go and the mobs would not be able to reach them. This allowed players to make good xp at no risk to themselves. FunCom hates that. Warping was introduced to make sure mobs could always get to you.
    Yes how odd that they don't like that

Bump for this my gimpy nanomage NT almost got his ass handed to him by some blubbages because of this. What's the use in having range advantage when MOBs warp right through it.

A smart player will use terrain to his advantage including obstacles. The dumb MOB should have to compensate and learn the shortest way around the obstacle. Not get even closer than if the obstacle wasn't even there in the first place.

Originally posted by Novalia
    A smart player will use terrain to his advantage including obstacles. The dumb MOB should have to compensate and learn the shortest way around the obstacle. Not get even closer than if the obstacle wasn't even there in the first place.
    Agreed
    Fetamysicist
    Sentinull
    Phix001

Even if there were "exploiters" using terrain to their advantage. (I guess a deerstand would be illegal if funcom ran the government of a country) This is far to hamfisted a solution.

This makes the vast majority of those who enjoyed outdoor hunting suffer for the powerleveling of a few. I'm about as mad as I can get about a game because of this.

I have a mid level (143) NT and (95) Fixer and wanted to try out an advent. I leveled my advent up to around 20. One day I was fighting a group of outdoor mobs and started to feel I was losing so I decided to use one of my cool abilites to turn into a reet and outrun them. Well I easily outpaced them and would have escaped had they not warped whenever I got a certain distance from them. Then each of them got a "free" hit. Wash and repeat and I'm at reclaim. If a frickin adventurer and can't use my abilities to survive in the outdoors? Then what's the point?

This is a terrible decision funcom. Reverse this to the way it was, there are far more people who want to have fun outdoors than ones wanting to use some sort of exploit - though I can't see using terrain to your advantage as one.
    Last edited by Xolus; Jan 18th, 2003 at 00:52:18.
    well now I've got
    some advice for you little buddy
    before you point the finger
    you should know that I'm the man
    and if I'm the man, then you're the man
    and he's the man as well so you
    can point that f***in' finger up your a** - Tool

This makes roots, snares, ground vehicles, and run speed totally useless outdoors. My first adventurer with reet form could travel any where back in the day along with my engy and his Kodaik, now thats impossible. Using a snare to escape is useless because the mobs are right on top of you as soon as you get a good distance away. Using root and shoot tactics is useless too because as soon as the root wears off that mob is going to be right on top of you. I could see having the mob warp a few feet if theres an obstacle in its way keeping it from chasing me down but not warping right on top of me. Thats unfair for the player and takes the fun out of outdoor hunting.