Thread: AO frustrations.

AO frustrations.

Ever growing game frustrations:

1. As an engineer in the game, the frustration of my bot always getting stuck in doors, walls, or simply standing there when I am moving around on a mission, or send it off to attack. The only way to fix it most of the time, is to leave the mission area, which seems to reset the bot, but erases my map of the areas covered on my mission. I've reported the problem a few times, but nothing gets fixed.

2. When in a battle or hunt, my gun missing the target over 50% of the time, no matter where I am located in the battle. Up close, or far away, it doesn't matter. Of course I send my bot in first, but a lot of the time, I'm drawn in the battle. Of course, it gets me killed. I like to be able to hit my target. Again I've reported the problem.

3. A new problem, that I've notice since at least the last patch, is when I'm moving around, going from one room to another, all of a sudden I'm back in the previous room I just left, and reentering that same room again.

These are just some of the issues that come to mind. Theses issues alone, makes the game so fustrating to play. The missions take longer to play, and I get killed more that I think I should, because of these bugs.

I am spending more and more of my time over at the Star Wars Galaxy web site in the discussion area, and it is amazing how many people, like myself there, are so frustrated w/AO. Everyone there are so anxiously waiting to get on the Beta program, or for the official release of SWG to come out, upon which, they will be quiting AO. A lot have have already quit AO, or quit in AO's early release days and never returned. The main issue(s) are game problems and the game becoming too boring too fast. Everquest seems to have a very high popularity, especially w/it not being a boring game. One thing that helps w/the long wait w/SWG's release, is that it allows everyone to upgrade their hardware, which everyone seems to be doing.

From what I see here, AO days are numbered. As soon as SWG comes out, over 50%, if not more of us, will be leaving AO for SWG. I just hope, w/it's long developement, that it doesn't come out w/nearly half of the problems that AO has had, and still continues to have. I hope that SWG has used AO as a model of what not to do.

I have to complement AO, and it's staff, for it's excellent graphics, and I guess, a sort of virtual reality environment, as it were. It will be a landmark in the history of computer games, that at some point in the future, could become a level of perhaps the Star Trek holideck, pending technology of course.

I realize that I am talking on deaf ears, and you know what, who cares? I'm sitting here all alone at my computer, at 4:00 in the morning, and wondering if I should keep my AO account active. I've signed at the local software store for a copy of the Notum Wars, but may not purchase it. I haven't read anything about it, other than it is nothing but fighting. Oh well.

As an added note. It may be me, but I have notice a lot less people playing. Places like the NW mine, use to have a lot of people, and now have no one there. Same w/the SW mine, Harry's, and others.

add 20k and bs to that list
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open