Thread: Server Specific Name Databases

Angry Server Specific Name Databases

This has been annoying the crap out of me lately.

So I start a new character....and then I get stuck on the name screen because every possible interesting or witty handle I can think of is already taken.

Then I come to the main site and do name look ups on the names I want and this is what I find.

Lets say I want the name Ripley. Not that I do, just in theory here.

Well after searching I find there are two Ripleys. One on RK-1, and another on Test.

So this means that any name in the game can only be used possibly by 2 people. And there are 4 seperate servers now.

Why should it matter if I want to be Ripley on RK-2, if theres a Ripley on RK-1? Unless the naming databases are server specific pretty soon everyones going to be reduced to adding numbers or strange letters to names.

Its a name or a nickname. Something people can identify you with and I hardly think that having someone with a name on a server I don't play on should keep me from having the same name on a different server.

Just annoying getting stuck at the naming screen because every name I'd like to use is some level 3 character on RK-1 that probably hasn't been played in 6 months.

Sorry if this was ranty.

you used to be able to have the same name on RK1 and RK2. They changed it when they started to work on a way of transfering between the dimensions, for obvious reasons. I doubt we will get the ability back unless they scrap the idea of transfering characters between the servers.

Hugs

lilnymph (who made the mistake of deleting her RK2 alt "lilnymph" on the day they stopped allowing duplicate names )
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance