Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defending towers impossible due to exploit using players.

Unhappy Defending towers impossible due to exploit using players.

Had the most unsettling experience yesterday. A single guy attacking and wrecking havoc on my organizations towers.

Managed to get a few shots on the guy with another characater of mine - could hardly scratch him.
    Hots? I think so, personally convinced even.

He returned shortly after a 10 minute absence, then he was not attackable due to the the rule that he got 'a too high lvl member in team'.
    We could not see his fiend - in hiding - eventually a high level guy from one other org pointed out he was there.

He could attack for 1½ hour without getting PvP enabled.
    When he finally got the PvP asteri*es - it was STILL not possible to attack the guy.

Do I blame him?
    No I dont, it was a most skilled use of whatever buffs and items he had at his disposal.

Was it possible to defend our tower installation? Nope.

We have lost the tower two times already and not been able to attack those tearing it down, despite the fact that we defenders always outnumbered the attackers by a wide margin.
    We also were in the right range for attack even if they had not been PvP's - but they were - and still not able to attack them to defend our installation.

The Notum wars with towers was a good idea - it could have been fun even.
    But the current rules for engagement makes it impossible to guard a tower against a single attacker - is something badly wrong here. I say it is.

Hardly dare to log on, but I will - are going to suggest to the organization leader that we just surrender and give up the idea of keeping our single tower.
    We spent so many gamehours on defense now - hours that have been completely wasted.

Borrows a quote from someone.

Jynne's Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited.

You should blame the guy. He is cheating.

I'd need a lot more information, first.

Tell me this -- could the highest level player in your team be able to attack your org's towers had you been attackers (in same PvP level range as the towers)? Or just you, if you had no team?
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

Yep, this problem was pointed out before the current heal/buff nerf was implemented. FunCom went ahead with it knowing this sort of thing would happen.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

You should petition this **** right away. This is like using wall hacks/aim-bots in an FPS. It ruins the game for you, and in the end it ruins it for everyone.

Yuppers - had this almost everytime i tried to attack someone in a ql 20 - 30 base - the attackers come teamed with different level players, and no amount ofteam switching could enable met o attck them. Something is definately wrong here.

If you bring higher level players (shouldn't be needed but anyways...) the high levels can attack the teamed low levels, correct ? Should be easy enough targets

As a solution to this problem.... in land control zone, automatically drop team when in combat if you're teaming with someone out of PvP range ?

Similar thing happened yesterday with one of my noobs, who was pvp flagged..

I got attacked by a green guy in Nordic Fusion, fine i thought.. ill just attack back..

"Cannot attack blah blah too high member in the team blah blah"

So what it came down to.. was me sent back to reclaim, unable to fire off a shot, nice bugs FC.. nice indeed.

I saw a neutral guy from Wolf Brigade guild attacking a clan Guild of Meta-Phycists in stret west bank with a lvl 100+ Heal pet. Earlier hes killing the flagged clans on stret west bank, 1 of my alt is a victim i tried to calm hes heal pet but it says its to high for my pvp range and im on a 25% gas. The guy name is Helfury i send a petition and took a screenshot unfortunately i crashed and when i logged back hes gone.

FC should fix this exploits on pets its ok if he got a high lvl buffs, since lowbies got a limited NCUs but a high lvl heal pet doesnt take any NCU and last for a very long time.

Just talked to an ARK, they say its not an exploit but a designers error. He promise me that he gonna put this to attention of the designers on top priority, lols it seems like the ARKs are designers bosses.

Till now all attackers with high lvl backers will surely win, unless if the defenders got easy access on high lvl buffs.

Originally posted by Honeypearl
    I saw a neutral guy from Wolf Brigade guild attacking a clan Guild of Meta-Phycists in stret west bank with a lvl 100+ Heal pet. Earlier hes killing the flagged clans on stret west bank, 1 of my alt is a victim i tried to calm hes heal pet but it says its to high for my pvp range and im on a 25% gas. The guy name is Helfury i send a petition and took a screenshot unfortunately i crashed and when i logged back hes gone.

FC should fix this exploits on pets its ok if he got a high lvl buffs, since lowbies got a limited NCUs but a high lvl heal pet doesnt take any NCU and last for a very long time.
    Pet are really bugged in LC areas, its really sad, a MP is able to selfcast pets way over their lvl, and often cant heal themselves with the pets because its out of pvp range... So if u and the MP were both the excact same lvl and u couldnt calm it because of lvl restrictions, he shouldnt be able to get heal by it too...

Pets should be useing their masters pvp range instead of their own, because in some cases it screws the MP/engi/crat and in other cases it screws their opponent..

My own MP isnt affected by this because he is way over the pvp for cap, but my agent cant heal himself with his grey heal pet because of the lvl restriction...
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

I also use my adv Nynny and get the best hots and kill of towers + defence solo, but I dont team. I think that was a lot fun IMO. But teaming is a bit lame.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

All this teamed PvP stuff I find very confusing, there was a 131 adv that I was unable to attack with a level 122 agent at a battle the other day. I don't team in mass PvP anymore, I don't understand how the Team PvP restrictions work and I would rather have a known quantity (e.g. myself).

Using a design error to gain an advantage (you cant be attacked by people in your PvP level range), is an exploit. Its the freaking definition of an exploit.

doc pvp noob here<

yeah i had my first big tower battle the other night..it was great there were at lease 90 players there(guessing).
    it was complet confussion..
    when it kicked off i dived in to debuff the players in my lvl range
    and every player i targeted i got some bloody spam about lvl ranges..it might have been our poorly put together team that was the prob ..but im not sure.
    then i got hit by an agent that took my whole health in 3 hits
    im pritty twinked in the ac and heath department ..so im guessing it was a agent alot higher than me....anyway the point is there are to meny problem with the system...its funcoms problem though..how do they make it fair???because the whole thing seems broken to me..and pvps kind of the point of notem wars
    Last edited by lovepills; Jan 8th, 2003 at 15:15:28.

Using a design error to gain an advantage (you cant be attacked by people in your PvP level range), is an exploit. Its the freaking definition of an exploit.
    I agree but I can see the other side of the coin as well I think(however I don't understand how it works)

Thing is that I think teaming with anybody who isn't the same level as you restricts the range a bit, so if a level 120 engie teams with a level 140 doc and a level 160 soldier, I can see how they would the doc can heal both, it is much easier for the doc to do healing in a team he has the hp bars and he can use team heals.. it all seems pretty much okay, it kind of isn't an exploit the exploit is the side effect of it, these people are even (especially if new to tower fighting) exploiting quite accidentally. It is just a real shame that there was this design flaw.

I am always solo now in pvp, I guess I would think about teaming if I could find a whole team of level 124's or something. The whole thing is so confusing it makes my head hurt.

Thinking about a solution I guess that the best I have come up with is to make combat mode as if solo pvp, so in the team above the level 120 could attack a level 95 and be healed by the doc, still a little unbalancing...I really don't know what the best solution is.

Who you can attack who can attack you should not be based on anything but your own level. No some *team level*. Just doesn't make sense, and if it does, can the one designing it at least eplain his intentions???

bump
    Thangaratna - 220/27 Finalizer

Proud veteran of Punk

Originally posted by Jamespond

Pets should be useing their masters pvp range instead of their own, because in some cases it screws the MP/engi/crat and in other cases it screws their opponent..

I don't agree with this. Then you would have buffed pet classes with pets that are red to them attacking green towers. That would be very unfair.

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

More unfair then other classes buffed with higher level buffs?

Its about the same thing really...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast