Thread: PvP noob question

Question PvP noob question

I have a lvl 54 NT and I decide to try to jump in the arena today.
    I found a lvl 60 something adventurer, he whipped my ass, I rooted him and nuked him once. For some reason the root only held for about 20 seconds tops and I did 500 damage when I shhould hit for 1100. Am I capped as well I thought is was just special attacks, and why don't the roots hold very long? Any other help for PvP w/ a NT would also be appreciated.

well....

I am a lvl 50 and every time I have pvp (about 15 times) I ahve lost, NT at our lvl are not great pvpers higher lvls I here we are better, but as far as I know all damage is reduced, the best fight I had was against an enforcer with a hammer root, nuke, root, nuke,root, nuke............. run out of nano die. Not complaining I had fun but we are gimped right now wheh it come to PvP, then I probably suck at PvP too =0)

for starters, I'd have to say, if 20 seconds isn't long enough for you to cast 2 nukes and refresh the root, you're using to big a nuke. Those 'lifestopper' nukes are very inefficient for pvp...longest cast time nuke you should use is 5sec. Not just because they cast insanely fast for an NT, but also because they take far less nano than the big nukes and your damage over time/nano cost is alot better off.

With regards to your damage...as of a patch or two ago they halved ALL damage done in pvp, not just specials. With regards to specials, a special attack can never do more than 40% of the targets total health in damage...they may have also included this rule with regards to all attacks, but I"m not sure...

edit:

I forgot to add that pvp for NTs in the arena is generally bad as it is...you simply can't get far enough away from someone to not get hit...NTs have to use their range for any sort of advantage...
    Last edited by Ukkonen; Jan 27th, 2002 at 00:58:21.