Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *sigh* trying to get grid armor when you are poor is so insanely impossible :(

*sigh* trying to get grid armor when you are poor is so insanely impossible :(

ok my christmas break is coming to a close and i was really hoping to get some ga1 but guess i wont be getting it anytime soon

was told to do ql 57 team missions for boss loot to get ga 1.

i have spent 6-10 hours a day(yes i know i have no life =P ) blitzing ql 57 team missions for boss loot with my lvl 69 enforcer. do about 25-30 missions a day, sometimes less. been doing this for about a week, thats 7x25 = 175 missions, each mob dropping 5-8 items eachs, = over 1000 chances for em to drop ga 1 but nada yet :| have collected MANY suits of boss armor tho, kirch, nova dillon, etc, and have been sellign that. have raised 29 million credits so far, a lot i think for 'noob' player like myself whos higher character is level 69...

was originally told i could get grid armor mk 1 for 30-50 mil, so i waas gettign close to the 30 mil mark and spammed the trade channel in game today, and get told price has gone up, to 60-100 mil... i am not even halfway there now =/

dont know if i should continue this or just give up and level my fixer, have halted leveling of all my characters while blitzing for the boss loot.... should i just level my fixer really high, blitz higher ql missions with him, and make money to buy grid armor, or just keep trying to actually get it on my own?

and is there any other way to get it besides buying it/getting random drop from boss mobs?

at the rate i make money, and the rate the price of it seems to go up, ill never be able to afford it :|
    rk1
    in game names:
    creeatur
    craashar
    fixered

just lvl up, the game is probabaly possible to play without grid armor

the game sucks enough as it is, running ql57 missions for hours on end aint gunna make it better, plus ga1 usefulness probabaly wouldnt last that long
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Yep.

Trying to get GA sucks. Welcome to the club.

My advice? If you look for it, you never find it. Both my GA2 and GA3 were purchased because of in-game friends wanting to help me out. If GA4 comes my way, I expect it'll be on the same path.

Just enjoy the game. I made my first 100 without GA, and had lots of fun doing it. If you don't enjoy blitzing team missions in the endless search, DON'T.

Do what's fun.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

have you found pppe hard/soft? those are ql 60, if so, thats your ticket to GA

Forget about getting GA1, u will outgrow it very fast.

Do try to get those PPPE though.. they are even more valuable than GA discs (except GA4).

U might get lucky one day and find a GA disc off a normal mob. I think it can happen.

I found NS off a normal mob, and found GA3 off a grey dyna camp boss.

Otherwise... when u are high level, it gets easier to make $$$ too. That's when u can start to save up to buy the really useful GA (either 3 or 4).

Don't bother GA.

As a fixer you have CDS armor that is incredibly good and not that hard to come by. Hunt borgs, watch for trade channels and grab some.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Yeah but cmon ga3/4 or CDS? =D

hmmm how much would a full suit of ql 80-100 cds armor cost? or would my level 69 enf be able to hunt the borgs who would drop that ql? :|
    rk1
    in game names:
    creeatur
    craashar
    fixered

oh and right now my fixer is only level 38, wearing a suit of ql 70 nova dillon(that i got while bltizing boss msisions with my enforcer... lol) has nice bonuses, but damn its protections really suck,

how good is CDS?
    rk1
    in game names:
    creeatur
    craashar
    fixered

You outlevel GA1 in 2 days anyway

Geez, playing 6-10 hours a day for a week you could have leveled any of your chars to over 100 by now if you had put the same effort into killing stuff as you did to blitzing. Also, like cold said unless you keep your fixer low level, GA 1 has a very limited shelf life. It starts losing effectiveness when you reach about level 80, at which time you need another 100 million for GA 2 (if you have to buy it) or IP reset Mat Crea and switch to regular armor. Buying GA is only worth it for people who have a very high level main char with nothing else to do with their money.

Try this instead: Get yourself the best regular armor your fixer can equip (I keep all my base stats except psychic maxxed and wore flowers/elite/primus for most of my 138 levels), max your evades and ranged init, get a nice gun like an MCS or Sol Chironis, lower your agg/def bar, and spend some IP in other nano skills instead of the black hole that is matter creation. Mobs will still miss you often enough to make it worth it and you learn more about being a fixer than running up to something, hitting tab-q, and going to make a sandwich. I've never worried about getting GA and one thing that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside is knowing that all those twink fixers my level wearing GA can't self-cast half the nanos that I can. That and the fact that if they didn't have GA they wouldn't have a clue how to play a fixer and would die rather quickly in PvP or PvM.
    Last edited by Slyyk; Dec 31st, 2002 at 15:03:43.
    Slyykie - 200+ Shade
    Slyyk - 200+ Fixer

Members of Alphastrike
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sarcasm rules! Go prance around in the forest you silly pixie.

Originally posted by (Gummizluv)
    Don't bother GA.

As a fixer you have CDS armor that is incredibly good and not that hard to come by. Hunt borgs, watch for trade channels and grab some.
    Tell the Fixers that have killed hundreds (literally) of borgs and gotten maybe 2 pieces of armor that.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Two points Kasimir : drop rate of CDS is insanely higher than GA AND price of CDS if you have to buy it is insanely lower than GA.
    CDS being in the top 3 of all AO armor the choice is yours.

Now about GA... Slyyk has perfectly expressed what I think.
    None says that GA is not an overpowered item. It sure is... Still wearing it does not teach you a lot about the game, having to beg for mochams is not something I enjoy a lot, I had my share of camping for hours an item in my previous EQ-life and I leave that pleasure to any MMORPG newcomer that like it, blowing tons of money on it is something I don't cope with and most of all, all my other nanos are maxed.

I understand players that die to have to have this item, but they should also accept that won't be a fixer because of it.

Anyway my point was and still is to cheer up Creeatur : don't spoil your fixerish pleasure by trying to get an elusive toy.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

I, myself had the same dilemma. As I could not pull the QL57 missions, I chose to go for ql73 in search of GAII because I had heard that the drop rate from the boss for that disc was higher at that mission lvl. I seriously don’t believe that now, after blitzing approximately 150 missions of that ql range over a 3 week period. I never found the GA in this manner. Though I did find a PPPE shape hard in a ql 73 boss. (Sold it for only 50m too – DOH!)

Last night, as I could not get a team, I decide to harass tir grid for people to team with me so I could get some to blitz. I found someone who also wanted to blitz. Grabbed 3 random ql 77 mish’s. (I can’t pull the 73 anymore cuz I got tired of blitzing and just lvl’d) then Fix gridded to the 1st in Upper Stret.

Zone into the mission and buff up. Start running. I run into a Young Mantis, and think to myself, hey, It may drop mantis parts for armor – Cha-Ching. And nail the guy in like 10 seconds. Go to loot the corpse and……. GAII had dropped!!!!!!

Personally, I believe that “blitz ql 57, 70, 73 missions for GAI, NSI, GAII” secret that Funcom doesn’t want you to know (I think you know what I mean) is crap. Don’t blitz the missions, kill and loot everything. Any mob can drop GA, I believe. After all, I did kill every mantis in that mission after the GA drop and not another disc ever appeared. Anyhoo…. Good luck with your search.

how much should i try offering for ql 70-90 csd pieces? or for a full suit(anyone sell em as full suits?)
    rk1
    in game names:
    creeatur
    craashar
    fixered

I'm not even sure they go that low, but I'd guess start at a half mill a piece.

Oh and Gummi, you're 200% right.

And yeah don't sweat GA Creaturr, just be stylish and have fun That's the code of the Fixer, something a lot of us are forgetting (me especially, ugh!)
    Last edited by Kasimir; Dec 31st, 2002 at 23:26:39.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

You can find CDS pieces in QLs as low as the mid-60s (I think), but 81-91ish seems to be the norm of the lower range.

Half a million a piece is a decent price (at that level), but it's a seller's market. Some will try to gouge, claiming they spent all week just to get that one part they're selling (or some junk). Maybe they did. Who cares?

Full suits are a problem because of the spotty nature of the CDS drops. Sellers aren't likely (if they're Agents or Fixers) to be replacing their entire suit at the same time, unless some serious farming has been done.

Don't sweat GA, and don't sweat CDS either. If you want CDS, you will get it, eventually, either through effort or by paying a reasonable price.

Don't blow a lot of credits just to have either.

hmm atm my fixer is lvl 41, if i get a suit of ql 80ish cds armor what level can i wear it up to? like when is it not worth wearing a low ql suit?

right now im in ql 60 nova dillon + a omni intern coat, looks ugly as hell
    rk1
    in game names:
    creeatur
    craashar
    fixered

GA1 served me very well until lvl 112, at which time I blitzed ql200 missions for 3 weeks to buy GA3. I had a 90% success rate with GA1, so it WILL be effective longer than most say it will

GA and whatever else

The most important thing is being able to play your character reasonablely well. An idiot fixer in GA x is still an idiot and less worth to their team than a smart fixer equipped with a dog's breakfast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast