Thread: "This space for rent"

"This space for rent"

Hey im all up for makin some uber twinks and taking down n00b towers but dont continue with the abuse of game mechanics. The base in athen shire saw 3 different omni owners 3 days so that you could keep it at 100%. How fun would notum wars be if every spot on rubi-ka was maintained at 100% indefinitly by transfering ownership from one org to the next. So please, attack towers and take towers but lets not try to keep them 100% forever, that just reduces any respect someone has for your twinkdom to zilch.

bump
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

high lvs can do that too :\?

Not sure what you speak of. We have had to take the same base in Athen Shire 3 times in 4 days. I think perhaps you are mistaking it for the different owners that come by after we destroy the place.
    Nivenyrral Lvl 200 Omni Engineer
    General and Retired President of the Band of Brothers

"Not sure what you speak of. We have had to take the same base in Athen Shire 3 times in 4 days. I think perhaps you are mistaking it for the different owners that come by after we destroy the place.

Erm m8, the guild "The space for rent" were attacking our towers were there with B.O.B. They were called "Tradeskillz Suckz" at the time, funnily enough just after we attacked your towers. Why would you try and take towers off a guild you were working with? Why would you take towers from another omni guild?

am i getting this right or am i reading your post wrong?

Regards,
    StrayDuck
    :: Disco "Strayduck" Duck - Equipment - History ::

Originally posted by Nivenyrral
    Not sure what you speak of. We have had to take the same base in Athen Shire 3 times in 4 days. I think perhaps you are mistaking it for the different owners that come by after we destroy the place.
    If you truely believe this Nive then you dont know whats going on in your own org. I personally scheduled attacks on that base 3 days in a row. Each time the timer was up for 25% the base had a new owner. It went from "this space for rent" to "silent night" to "bob".

Look, I personally dont take that base to seriously and im sure your org doesn't either. But its fun to break out the twinks and do some low level killing. Just play fair thats all im asking=)

Heh, funny to ear when some big clan org bases are on constant 100% and when the base goes to 25% the pf misteriously crash, or whatnot. Its about same and its not funny. Not naming anyone or anything cause i dont know, but its strange
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by arsiine

If you truely believe this Nive then you dont know whats going on in your own org. I personally scheduled attacks on that base 3 days in a row. Each time the timer was up for 25% the base had a new owner. It went from "this space for rent" to "silent night" to "bob".

Look, I personally dont take that base to seriously and im sure your org doesn't either. But its fun to break out the twinks and do some low level killing. Just play fair thats all im asking=)
    1) bases are attackable whenever the guild that owns them attacks someone else NOT just when the controller says its going to go into its 5 hour 25% period.

2) if "this space for rent" attacked anyone, I'm pretty sure and omni base that close to a major clan stronghold would not last the 1-2 hours it came up for attack

So planning to take a base when it goes 25% might not always work if someone else takes it when the guild that owned it attacks another base.

Originally posted by Thoughtless

1) bases are attackable whenever the guild that owns them attacks someone else NOT just when the controller says its going to go into its 5 hour 25% period.

2) if "this space for rent" attacked anyone, I'm pretty sure and omni base that close to a major clan stronghold would not last the 1-2 hours it came up for attack

So planning to take a base when it goes 25% might not always work if someone else takes it when the guild that owned it attacks another base.
    Yeah im aware of the rules but if you checkthe logs there were no attacks against the site during those 3 org changes. Ok i made my point here and I'm done.

Nope Strayduck, we took the base three seperate times over four days from a clan owner each time. Not sure how you managed to get the idea that we attacked a omni base.

Arsiine, yes I am sure that the base was in the hands of three different omni owners after we destroyed it. The first time it was us. Tradeskillz took it back the very next day. We killed it that same day again. We asked around, got some other omni guild to take the spot. Tradeskillz took it back. We came along again and killed it. Apparently BoB took it that time. I am sure that it is clan again. If we go by and take it and a fourth omni guild occupies it, I am sure you will take it back again. Calling the fact that the base is occupied by a different omni owner after we kill the base an exploit is wrong. The base is just changing hands. If occupying a piece of land after destroying the base there is an exploit then you are just as guilty.

I cannot make it any clearer than that. Not rocket science, but I am sorry if anyone misunderstood it this time.

Base changed hands from Omni to Omni. GM confirmed. End of discussion.

Hmmm, well then, I guess they don't seem to care. I certainly was not contacted about it, and to my knowledge the base did not change hands as you state a GM confirms. Either way, it would seem that it is fair play, as I would have expected something to have been said if it was not.

Same GM said something was beeing done in the next patch, *and* they will let GM's lower the suppression if needed. Not heard it directly, but the source is good enough.

Name GM

Either give us name of GM or have the GM speak here. If he tell some people whats going on we all deserve to know. End of discussion.
    Last edited by Tharney; Jan 2nd, 2003 at 13:51:54.

"Hmmm, well then, I guess they don't seem to care. I certainly was not contacted about it, and to my knowledge the base did not change hands as you state a GM confirms."
    Hmmm. I have to say if your being truthfull in your above statement, then members of your guild are misleading you.

Regards,
    StrayDuck
    :: Disco "Strayduck" Duck - Equipment - History ::