Thread: Does Higher AS mean better AS hits?

Does Higher AS mean better AS hits?

I have heard both yes and no. Does anyone know?
    IMI Tellus TT Advocate.
    Helsinki Dual wielding Tellus Soldier
    Chlamydia Combat Medic "turn right and cough..."
    Heygimme Gourmet baby chef and connoisseur.

yes
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

no

so....

well that clears that up
    IMI Tellus TT Advocate.

I've heard yes everywhere I've asked..
    have yet to hear no.

So yes !

Its all about modifiers, the higher AS skill the higher chance of getting a higher modifier more frequently.

So, higher skill = alot better aimedshots
    Marius-AO: Camping and farming is a very bad thing I hate it We will do everything we can to avoid this, and I am very positive we will succeed Although sometimes there will be a need for great difficulty to obtain certain items the general rule is that it should be fun to obtain them ..no boring camping ..[/size]

Wouldn't a higher Aimed shot also better overcome Evades? SO even if the damage is the same if you land it, it's still better to have a high Aimed shot so it lands more often. But then, what do I know? I just hit them with a big metal thingie.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

I have also read yes most places, but a while back I remember reading on how Morphex went around with a GM on Test showing him the difrence and that the GM was "suprised" becuase it wasnt supposed to work this way.

Basicly my question really is, should I raise AS if I plan on doing PvP with my ithaca? From what I understand the answer will be yes
    IMI Tellus TT Advocate.

Does a higher crit modifier raise the amount of damage aimed shot does? Someone told me yes, but I found I was doing higher aimed shot with a joint clans patriot than a gripo-com, and the gripo has much higher crit.

Anyone clear this up for me please?
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

Higher AS modifies the amount by which the regular AS damage is multiplied.

For instance (and all PvM), right now I'm a level 74 agent using a ql 98 X-3, and my base AS damage is ~600, which I rarely hit for. I've hit AS as high as 6.5k, and usually hit for ~1.2k.

I think that crit % modifies this further. When I cast sureshot, hit sneak and crack off an AS, the higher multiplier occurs MUCH more often (it was under sureshot that I hit the 6.5k AS, and that was at level 69).

It also seems that evades do play a part in how likely it is that you will get a multiplier.