Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nanomages and why they are bad.

Angry Nanomages and why they are bad.

I play a nanomage Doc at 103.

Currently I have 1351 hp with 2139 nano pool with no hp implants and some nano pool imps.

From what I've heard, Solitus Docs get about 1/3 hp more and slightly less nano.

I petitioned about my hp because it didn't seem right to me. I asked for the formula to figure out hp and was stonewalled.

Ffrom what I could pry out of the GM it takes into account your stam, body dev, prof, and breed.

I can understand everything but the proffession.

On to the nano pool:
    If its true that Soltius get only slightly less nano pool, then what's the point to a nanomage?

Its my understanding that Nanomages are supposed to be thiS:
    This is the most xenomorphic breed on Rubi-Ka, uniquely specialized to control nanobots - tiny robots that reside in the host body and in the air, and that contribute to the well-being and quality of life of all Rubi-Ka citizens - and to create and run various programs. The Nanos are surrounded by a continuous energy field, controlled and networked by their NCU - their nanobot control units - which manifests itself as a glowing halo around members of other breeds, should they stand close to the Nano. Because everything happens on the molecular level, the use of nano technology will appear to the untrained eye as magic, something that has been known to cause superstition and mistrust in the past.

Summary: We (nanomages) have better control and usage as well nano bots that are encoded into the dna (source: Rubi-Ka Timeline, Page 7, 28973). All of the above suggests that we should be:
    -Better at control
    -Usage
    -Nano Pool

Cadwin

P.S. If any Soltius docs could post their hp and nano totals in unbuffed form as to compare, please do so.

At lvl 159 Nano breed NTs gets 600 less health and 200 more nano pool compared to an equal lvl solitus.

And you are right, what is the point in being nano breed, im still working on finding out...
    NT phone HOME!!

Hehe I try to tell people that everyday but noooooooooo
    They say, its up to what you like, if you dont like sol then dont be it.

Well hehe, sorry if you moan you die quick :P

I'm not knocking Soltius, that wasn't my point, I just want to know what the point is in being a nanomage, nor do I care that much about dying.

I don't moan, I don't gripe, I just like knowing.

Originally posted by Cadwin
    I'm not knocking Soltius, that wasn't my point, I just want to know what the point is in being a nanomage, nor do I care that much about dying.

I don't moan, I don't gripe, I just like knowing.
    Well, the point is that Int / Psy are light blue and Str / Agi are dark blue, meaning that if you don't care about raising Str/ Agi and you are playing an Int / Psy profession, you have more IP to play around with. Unfortunately, you pretty much have to raise every skill eventually so that bonus cancels itself out nicely. There are a couple nanomage-only items that offer some nice bonuses (about 4-5 levels worth of nano skills), but they are difficult to obtain. You will also get a slightly larger nanopool that other breeds.

--Xente
    http://www.ao-meta.com

Your wrong

The Nano Mage breed ... aswell as every breed in AO has its advantages.

Atrox - Medium Agility, Uber Strength, Uber Stamina, Sux0r Intelligence.. Sux0r Psychic, Sux0r Nano pool, Uber Body development and Sux0r Sense

Opifex - Uber Agility, Uber Sense, Sux0r Stamina, Medium Strength, Sux0r Body development, Uber Nano pool, Medium Intelligence and Medium Psychic.

Solitus - Medium Agility, Medium Sense, Medium Strength, Medium Intelligence, Medium Nano pool, Medium Body development and Medium stamina.

Nano Mage - Uber Intelligence, Uber Psychic, Uber nano pool, (surprisingly) Medium Stamina, Medium Sense, Sux0r Agility and Sux0r Body development.

As you see and compair.. each proffesion is UBER at certain things. While the Solitus (which is suited best for Adventurer) is the master of nothing. He does not master nor does he hinder from abilities. He is the norm shall we say.. less unable to overequip because of the lack of green skills.. but his lack of ability hinderances makes him that much stronger.

You can see Atrox.. some say its the best.. but I dont think so. Literally licking intel and psych.. and sense clean down the hole as dark blue.. its no breed for nano skills. Your nano skills (all of them) depend 80% off Intelligence... so dark blue intelligence (such an Atrox acquires it) would mean lower nano skills ultimately compaired to the norm. Thats why Snarf even though overequipped and overrated is still at a loss of skills for his proffesion... for he couldve had a far larger nano pool if he picked Nano Mage, such skills that are needed for an NT. Did I not note.. Nano pool is also dark blue for Atrox.. good for people who dont give a Wargs hide about nano skills but want the uber HP.

Opifex.. being just the opposite of Atrox and also lining up neatly next to its brother the Nano Mage. The Opifex has dark blue Body development just as well as the Nano Mage does. You could almost compair Nano mage and Opifex to be somewhat very alike. Opifex is bad at HP and good at Nano.. so is the Nano Mage.. the only difference would be that the Opifex's expertise is Agility and Sense. The difference also being that the Nano mage has light blue Stamina.. while the opifex maintains a dark blue Stamina. Nonetheless.. their Nano pool and Body dev match.. so I consider them almost the same except for Armor expertise differenciations.

ALL proffesions have an advantage.. now if the advantage is important to the game or not is the question. Is HP better than Nano points? Yes and No.. depending on what proffesion you play. Thus Nano mages tend to whine over thier lack of HPs and Atrox tend to whine over their lack of nano skills and nano pool.. but this is AO.. and it has its ups and downs in all breeds.. such as life.
    "He's as dead a Jehova's witness at a passover"

"Remove your lips from the GMs ass...your chafing him..please..he loves you.. yes.. its ok.. dont cry.. *gives you a tissue*.. ok good. "

"bleedin' so hard you'll need a life size maxi-pad"

"Patience is a virtue, but timing is a privelage"

From what I know, I play a sol Doctor lv100 Doctor, I have around 2.5 HP and 2000 Nano's. I admit, I can take a beating compared to a nanomage, but at lv100 your considered to have 100 more points into Int and Psy compared to Sol.

This gives you the ability to wear higher end implants that require these stats

More added points for to nano skills for raised Int/Psy

So basicly, I think that every 5 points 1 point is added to every nano skill, and with 1 extra point each level compared to others, with blue skills, your nano skills will surpass by at least 20 points.

Um, AoD - Breed has nothing to do with IP costs for body dev and nano pool.

but at lv100 your considered to have 100 more points into Int and Psy compared to Sol.

This is totally misinformation... that is all wrong, not true, we are talking maximum 15-20 more...

Nano Mage - Uber nano pool, (surprisingly)

AoE? You cant read can you? Uber nano pool compared to what other breed? Compared to Atrox yes, but both sol and opi got uber nano pool compared to atrox....

If you havent got it in your brain yet, nano breed gets 600 less health and 200 more nano pool than solitus at lvl 159, so uber is totally wrong here, actually nano breed sucks.

Anyway, Cosmic has said they are looking into the breeds to distinguish them more from each other, and he specifically said they would look into nano breed
    NT phone HOME!!

Re: Your wrong

Originally posted by Agentofdeath
    The Nano Mage breed ... aswell as every breed in AO has its advantages.

Atrox - Medium Agility, Uber Strength, Uber Stamina, Sux0r Intelligence.. Sux0r Psychic, Sux0r Nano pool, Uber Body development and Sux0r Sense

Opifex - Uber Agility, Uber Sense, Sux0r Stamina, Medium Strength, Sux0r Body development, Uber Nano pool, Medium Intelligence and Medium Psychic.

Solitus - Medium Agility, Medium Sense, Medium Strength, Medium Intelligence, Medium Nano pool, Medium Body development and Medium stamina.

Nano Mage - Uber Intelligence, Uber Psychic, Uber nano pool, (surprisingly) Medium Stamina, Medium Sense, Sux0r Agility and Sux0r Body development.

It's amazing how ignorance this guy is. I stop reading the rest of his post after this part. He definitely had no idea what he's talking about.

Originally posted by [CrispyChicken]
    From what I know, I play a sol Doctor lv100 Doctor, I have around 2.5 HP and 2000 Nano's. I admit, I can take a beating compared to a nanomage, but at lv100 your considered to have 100 more points into Int and Psy compared to Sol.

This gives you the ability to wear higher end implants that require these stats

More added points for to nano skills for raised Int/Psy

So basicly, I think that every 5 points 1 point is added to every nano skill, and with 1 extra point each level compared to others, with blue skills, your nano skills will surpass by at least 20 points.
    I don't get the 1st §. A nanomage or a solitus can both raise intel and psychic by 3 points each lvl, so they will have the same stats at lvl 100 (nanomage should have a few higher since nanomage breed starts with those 2 a bit higher then solitus). The difference is at lvl 150+. While solitus hits it's peek intel at 480, nanomage can still go on till lvl 167 where it's intel is capped at 512. So overall Nanomage has a 40 points bonus to psy/intel over solitus, which translates about 8 points more in nano skills (w00t).

One idea is for a nanomage to have thier intel effecting their nanoskills in a greater way then other breeds. Nano skills are now 80% intel and 20% other, which means if you have about 500 intel that translates into 100 skill. What this idea would do is make 80% effective 100% (for instance, could be higher or lower), which means a lvl 160 nanomage NT, Doc, Eng, MP, will have about +25 more points in nanoskills. Nano skills would still be 80% intel and 20% other skill, just nanomage breed would have a modifier at that 80%, making it 100% or whatever...

Edit: kinda the same way Charm attack skill is upped with the recent changes. Example at Displace Thought Patterns
    Last edited by Krneki; Jan 26th, 2002 at 16:46:57.

Why not just double the % dependancies for the abilities a breed (or perhaps profession) is good at, and halve them for the things they suck at?

For example, with a nanomage, Time and space (or whichever that needs agility) would have 160% intelligence and 10% agility.

Brawl would just have 50% strenght.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Thats why Snarf even though overequipped and overrated is still at a loss of skills for his proffesion... for he couldve had a far larger nano pool if he picked Nano Mage, such skills that are needed for an NT. Did I not note.. Nano pool is also dark blue for Atrox.. good for people who dont give a Wargs hide about nano skills but want the uber HP.
    Agentofdeath, you are truly an idiot. Nano pool is not dark blue for Atrox; it is dependent on profession.

Everyone is dumber for having listened to you. You are awarded no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Love,
    Snarfy
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

the hell? opifex uber nano pool solitus medium nano pool? whoa? put the pipe down! if u choose the same profession solitus has the second highest nano pool overall. i dont know how they designed this game but it seems that solitus is the best for most professions which is kinda pointless for them to even come up with other races. every single profession, i mean every single one of them is the best with a solitus it's freakn sad. does it sound right to you that a solitus adven would get morphs before a nanomage one? whoa? i though nanomages are suppose to have the highest nano skills. is it right that my lvl 135 solitus doc has about same nano pool as a lvl 140 nanomage nt and about 1.4 k more hp with imps(and 6.2k hp with lev and self buffed nanos)? is it right that a solitus soldier can use better mk shields than an atrox and able to use more mk shields in a fight cause they got more nano pool at the same lvl while wielding the very same ql200 nova flow?????? wtf is going on funcom? why dont you just delete all other races and have this "1" solitus only since it doesnt seem like there is any point at all for having other breeds!

Your breed basically only determines what kinf od armor you are going to use and how much hp/nano pool you are going to get.

Solitus already gets enough nano pool. After that point hp becomes alot more useful than the few extra nano pool points.
    That is why nanobreed is gimped. They have alot less hp than a solitus but only slightly more nano than solitus. You are propably not going to use all that nano in a single fight anyway. Either you are dead or victorious before you run out of nano. int/psych armor isn't that great and you can't even find it in shops. Bah I say.

Either let us do a breed change along with the ip reset or make nano breed alot better.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

and that's not the only thing, at high lvls a solitus can use any armor he/she desires because the atts are good enough to wear anything with imps. pfffft......

Originally posted by Garzu
    At lvl 159 Nano breed NTs gets 600 less health and 200 more nano pool compared to an equal lvl solitus.
    The bigger difference betweeen breeds only show up after level 160, espsecially when you start getting close to 200. This is because you won't hit the breed cap until around 160.
    Until then, the only difference is in the base health/nano that you get pr point of body dev/nano pool.

Funcom have said they acknowledge that base abilities psycic don't increase your max nano eventhough they increase your nanopool skill, and that this will get fixed.

-Filik.

wow so u basically have to suck until 160 and keep sucking until close to 200 where basically the difference is little anyways? check a lvl 199 soli doc and a 199 nanomage doc on rk1 and tell me what the difference is i'd love to hear how much better a nanomage doc at that lvl is compared to a soli doc. then of course no nanomage doc is even close to 199 on both servers, i wonder why? maybe drjoy can show me once she gets that high?

Nanomage only Items

Originally posted by Xente

There are a couple nanomage-only items that offer some nice bonuses (about 4-5 levels worth of nano skills), but they are difficult to obtain.

--Xente
    Xente, could you pls elaborate on that? I do not recall having seen any of these items yet...

Well it seems that a nanomage only dungeon will come out soon so provided the rewards do not suck, that will be a nice bonus

Ormus

Re: Nanomage only Items

Originally posted by Ormus

Xente, could you pls elaborate on that? I do not recall having seen any of these items yet...

Well it seems that a nanomage only dungeon will come out soon so provided the rewards do not suck, that will be a nice bonus

Ormus
    http://www.hackersquest.org/ao/show....=152713&item=1

http://www.hackersquest.org/ao/show....=151681&item=1

--Xente
    http://www.ao-meta.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast