Thread: No more 'phat lewt' please...

No more 'phat lewt' please...

If you play on RK1, head out to the old Ace camp. Chances are you will find one group of about 30-50 players camping this area. It's always the same group of players...

These players generally do not hunt there for the XP, since they are seldom less than 5 whole teams (from one guild). They are there for the loot that the boss mobs drop on a frequent basis.

Please consider the effect of your plans before they are implemented, Funcom. This prime hunting spot has turned into a loot dispencer for a limited portion of the game population. There is little or no XP or loot to be had there (during prime hours) if you are not part of that particular group of players. I can attest to that from experience.

Please refrain from adding more 'phat lewt' until you figure out how to impliment a system which is fair to smaller groups of players or even the solo player. Right now, you're giving the message that the majority of the players will be marginal at best unless they are part of an uber camp-guild.

Please impliment a fair system which utilizes the mission generation code in which to acquire the 'phat lewt'. At this point I don't care if it's team-mission based, but I would definately prefer solo since I do that more often.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

Funcom ought to give the people that designed the Good Time Party Mixer Living Cyber Armor Quest promotions and put them in charge of designing quests for most of the currently camped items.

They could start with solo quests for the Ring of the Monkey Tail, the Third Eye of Daria, and the Howling Bow of Ferocious Appetite to cheer up some of the unhappy Martial Artists.
    Last edited by Dunsany; Dec 31st, 2002 at 17:48:39.