Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engis kicking arse in pvp? wtf?

im glad to see engies have got some luv and are doing better in pvp. that special absorber is a very good idea and has great benefits in 1v1 and mass pvp. the pet boost sounds good as well though i not seen one in action yet really.

but funcom are killing 1v1s (although never balanced really). like the addition of the anti complete heal nano for soldiers and most importantly the anti fixer nuke for nts. no smurf who is not mentally insane will even dream of dueling a nt now lol .
    8sec = dead with no chance of resist. i wouldnt mind them nukes as much if it had alot higher nano resist like 100% or 120% etc so we might have a chance full def but its something silleh like 5% lol.

the whole idea of making some classes good against others and bad against others e.g. trader or mp beats nt and nt beats fixers in mass pvp is a good one. but it does destroy 1v1s really and atm is very unbalanced. atm 1v1 enfs with eqb are unbeatable in the arena and most other places. fixers are extremely good against a good few classes like soldier, ma etc but get inta killed by nts. i suppose things improve with time and hopefully the class balances will be sorted and some of the current extremes removed (e.g. fixer killer nuke:P).

engies deserve the boost. let the engies rule!

Heh

We are pretty good at solo PvP (about where we were before the bracer nerf [see: anti-reflect nano])

Engie's main problem now is Mass PvP. We are probably the worst there is, perhaps with the exception of Martial Artists (since they suffer the same problems as us) Our attack that most engies would use in PvP solo is Martial Arts, is completely useless in Mass PvP. Our pet, needless to say, is useless (can you say rooted?)

Assuming we were to use martial arts, we're rooted (or dead by trying to run into the crowd) before we can say "yipeedoo" since we can't heal nor have a "in case the **** hits the fan" mechanism. So far, I have gotten 1 kill in mass PvP (Chasing down a lone NT who was trying to get away since his team had died). Other then that, I spend roughly 90% of my Mass PvP combat rooted or buffing (engies buffs take waayyy to long to cast! When you die, it takes 15+ minutes before you're ready for action again, and that's just self-buffed!)

I don't know - it's rather ironic. Now that the focus has shifted to mass PvP, engies are once again good at solo-PvP.

~Chris

I watched something fun ... some day in once in camelot.. *long ago cant remember * Anyways.. There was this engi and sent the pet down the stairs.. Slayed like 7-8 players before it died. :P That was quite fun.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Damn wish I was there to see the fight Deacon, next time you Super decide to duke it out send me a tell thats got to be a sight...

oh yeah you one funny mother****er bro you crack me up every post
    Seb Member of Arion

Right

Sure, level 200 engis can pvp, maybe even 150+ but im at level 134 and i was beat down consecutevly 5 times in battle yesterday, majorly buffed, by a level 90 doc, a level 100 fixer and a level 103 MA 3 times.. its not like that for all engis

Happy to see this thread too.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Gummiz = Gimp

~Chris

Sad day when your beaten by an engie (j/k)

Lil off today deacon? Must be "teh footness!" deprivation or something.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

I would like to see a lv200 Slayer with all the best buffs a level 200 engi can cast on it even if it require wrangle and mochams. His attack rating and damage must be quite high and the snare+blind effect people will all try to kill the bot if you give him a realistic name of someone whos really deadly in mass pvp.

Originally posted by Insida
    I would like to see a lv200 Slayer with all the best buffs a level 200 engi can cast on it even if it require wrangle and mochams. His attack rating and damage must be quite high and the snare+blind effect people will all try to kill the bot if you give him a realistic name of someone whos really deadly in mass pvp.
    Heh, trust me, we aren't good in Mass PvP. The AoE blind has a 7 meter range, so we have to be REALLY Close for it to work.. and by that time we're dead. Even with the best NR buff, the pet will get rooted.. so it doesn't matter if he has the best AR/Snare buff on him.

However, I can tell you the damage is pretty nice - I have had it on my pet and tested it out in the arena (and mass PvP but it never hit anyone so it didn't matter ) and it double-hit in the range of 500-700.

~Chris

Would a pet that an ubertwinked level 15-75 engy could use be any good in PvP? I have no idea in this area.
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

Originally posted by Stexer
    Would a pet that an ubertwinked level 15-75 engy could use be any good in PvP? I have no idea in this area.
    Probably.. I guess.. maybe.. nope. With the OE rules it isn't as good as it used to be. Back when you could run around with a slayer at level 81, yea, it was great, but now it just isn't as good as it used to be. At level 81, a ql 150 pet doesn't do much if you can't heal and have no offense. And it'd still be succeptable to roots since pet NR is so low.

~Chris

Thanks

I know next to nothing about engi pets. Weird that I've never tried to learn. Guess I'll still have to fear them though! If they do PvM damage after engi dies, that's one mean way to get past my layer trick.
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

Originally posted by Stexer
    Thanks

I know next to nothing about engi pets. Weird that I've never tried to learn. Guess I'll still have to fear them though! If they do PvM damage after engi dies, that's one mean way to get past my layer trick.

The thing is that they fixed the bug where the pet may continue to attack you when the engy dies. Not to mention the pet instantly warps back to the engy if it's in a different zone. The only time you might aggro the pet is when you kill me, the pet puts in one last hit, and then you auto-aggro it (I assume you have it off tho ) and then it aggros you again.

~Chris

I did my first PVP duel today 8D

Levle 37 Engineer(me) vs. lvl 47 Atrox Enforcer

I sent my pet atem and ran like mad around for 5minutes.

The Enforcer beat me down and made me his ***** 8(

Originally posted by Megabio

The only time you might aggro the pet is when you kill me, the pet puts in one last hit, and then you auto-aggro it (I assume you have it off tho ) and then it aggros you again.

I turn that off for 150+ combat, yes. If it was on, anybody with a damage shield gives me a quick, easy warp to the reclaim.
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

Originally posted by MakForce
    I did my first PVP duel today 8D

Levle 37 Engineer(me) vs. lvl 47 Atrox Enforcer

I sent my pet atem and ran like mad around for 5minutes.

The Enforcer beat me down and made me his ***** 8(
    ROTFLMAO
    Seb Member of Arion

Change your avatar, Sebastren, I thought you were me.

~Chris

Yeah, we're getting better 150+ single pvp but below that, our hit points are very undesirable.

I've actually discovered a delightful mass PvP tactic for the engineer that makes us very good. You know the sneak skill? Well even with a 98 in sneaking, I realised that I could pass invisibly by most players since they didn't have any IP in perception.

How does this info help? You can still command your bot _while sneaked._

I killed an 120ish enf and a 150 doc with my twinked 175 warmachine. I didn't die, because they couldn't see me.

Do you know how funny it is to watch someone who sees your bot and tries to run from it? Sort of sad, but hilarious. They don't usually make it in time for the supression gas to kick in before they keel over and bite the dust.

Try it out, it works very well. I also got a profit from looting the doc's corpse.
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12