Thread: Serious Dilemna

Question Serious Dilemna

I have a big problem with the timer on the spawn of certain mobs. What I would like to know is, where is the logic in an 18hr spawn timer based on real life time in a simulated world?

To me this just seems utterly absurd, especially since there is a game clock which simulates time in this world and would seem a heck of alot more appropriate then using r/l timeframes I mean c'mon.

But, thats just imo, let me know yours!
    "Oderint dum metuant"
    Let them hate me provided they fear me!

Well ok, figure out how many Rubi-Ka hours fit into 18 real life hours and there's your new spawn timer fit for roleplay purposes.

I don't see how this is a serious dilemna

The dilemna is the fact that I live on the west coast and have a real full time job, therefore leaving these real time 18 hour spawns pretty much unattainable to me, vs if the clock used for these spawns in this pseudo world was based on the pseudo clock within the game!

I shouldn't have to figure out how many Rubi-Ka hours fit into 18 real life hours, nothing on Rubi-Ka is real so again where is the logic in using a real clock?

Btw Sheffy, do you work for FC?
    "Oderint dum metuant"

On the flip side, an 18 hr timer (or any non-24hr timer) will result in a spawn time that "rotates" across our real-life 24 hr days. The effect is a "prime time" spawn for everyone at some point, and not just prime-time always for some, and never for others.

Martek

Yea... what martek said... I don't suppose you want a spawn stuck at 4:00 AM your time do you?

~Chris

Question

Originally posted by Uncouthed
    lol

Originally posted by Uncouthed

lol ;p

Sheffy == gaute, everyone knows that!

/salute /bow /prostrate /prostrate /prostrate
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

/prostate

er... wrong kinda doc i guess

the babbling does bring up a question i never really thought about before: what is the purpose of the in-game clock? so you know how many pretend hours you've been wasting in a pretend bar spending pretend money on pretend lap-dances?

uh...for example.
    *cough*

Originally posted by hashy
    the babbling does bring up a question i never really thought about before: what is the purpose of the in-game clock? so you know how many pretend hours you've been wasting in a pretend bar spending pretend money on pretend lap-dances?

uh...for example.
    *cough*
    Just a random example plucked from your mind there Hashy? Nothing you would like to share with the rest of us now?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Im still waiting on the 10k you owe me Hashy from that last lap dance ........ ummm .... *cough*

Angry

Well for over a week now, from the moment I log in, I fly to the spawn of this mob thats on an 18hr r/l timer and camp out awaiting what should be my turn at primetime and no mob. Therefore I don't see how basing the spawn timer on the game clock vs r/l time is going to make it so only cetain get a chance at him/her rather than everyone in any timezone?

This is what I think you all are missing the point on!

Too busy with babbling and lapdances I guess. Oh, well I give up, unless of course lilnymph is gonna come out and give me a lap dance while I wait on the arrival of this #$#$#$ and #$##$%# and #$#@#%#$ mob.
    "Oderint dum metuant"

Your best bet is to ask around until you find someone who knows when the uniques start spawning.

Or, when you know the servers are being reset (for maintenance, or for a patch, or whatever), go to one of the unique mobs, and log in right when the servers come up.

You may not get the kill, but at least you'll be able to take down the time the mob dies so you can add 18 hours 15 minutes for the following spawn.

It just takes time, effort, and patience.

If they based it on the game timer, they'd just make it the game-timer equivalent of 18 hours (20 days or whatever. )

Now, if you're suggesting SHORTENING the spawn times on uniques, I'm all for it. But this game-time/real-time argument is lame.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Well Sheffy thats probably the only thing left I can do, considering players don't see the point or have a problem with staying on the game for 18hours. (Atleast the ones responding.)

<--- Steps ooc from this rpg to watch a clock woot!
    "Oderint dum metuant"