Thread: Mighty, Mighty Neutrals fight on!

Talking Mighty, Mighty Neutrals fight on!

Neutrals have taken arms against aggressive interlopers and theives!

Alas, we tried diplomacy but Lions Den was unwilling. As a result we took out a sizeable chunk of the base they stole from us. I would like to thank all the neutrals who came out to assist in the attack on Lions Den in Mort last night. Considering how numbered we were (and how large the base was) and STILL managed to take out 45% of Lions Den’s base before the clock ran out, we did very well and I am quite pleased. Much love to our friends in IR, CG, NLF and every neutral who came out to fight for our land.

We always remember who our friends are. I love you all.

Last edited by Insida; Dec 31st, 2002 at 03:17:42.

Yeah, it was a lot of fun for the guild killing neuts all night - all the clan guilds that joined in had a good time too! Maybe we'll go down to the EO base in CAV later to take a look, eh?
    Velveeta - The best atrox doctor on Rubi-Ka 1!
    Aiboforcen - A change of pace..
    Shikhi - The return!

Digital Gunfire - Music to level by.

Actually insida..

The only reason they got it as far as they did was by using a rather cheap exploit that allowed there members to go unchecked for the longest time because it would base the pvp range off the highest group member. ie-> The fearless Ladykali is lvl80 could, and did, group with lvl116+ and the pvp range for those attacking her had to be in the range of the 116 or else you couldn't attack here at all. So that means our level 70-90 couldn't attack her because she was using that bug to protect herself. Once we had to do the same thing, they put in yet a higher level player to block out the range again letting them go unchecked again. They did the same thing with there mid100's to group with higher levels blocking out the ability to be pvp'd by that range of players as well. *shrug* Lesson learned on my part, and its being looked into by GM's.

Btw, nice outpost you guys have in TLR Lady... Maybe we'll visit it too. Maybe we'll use an omni to take down the shields too and repay that favor as well.
    Last edited by Dazala; Dec 30th, 2002 at 20:51:57.

/chicken
    Shikhi - The return!

Originally posted by Insida
    If omni wanted they could wipe out your entire Mighty Mighty Neutral XP% bonus in one hour. But sadly, that bonus come from ql10-100 bases and we dont really feel like getting on our alts to blast some undefended neutral base and get the entire RP'ist community *****ing at us cause we blew up a PvP area made for ppl who want to PvP. Gratz for bringing that base to 45% HP btw.

/me go kill the guards next to NLC
    And your point is what? This thread pertained to a neutral guild vs. the Clan Lion's den, along with their allies. Who the **** said anything about omni? Please pay attention instead of spouting idiotic "we're better tahn u" bull**** in a thread just because it has neutral in the title.

Originally posted by Dazala
    The only reason they got it as far as they did was by using a rather cheap exploit that allowed there members to go unchecked for the longest time because it would base the pvp range off the highest group member. ie-> The fearless Ladykali is lvl80 could, and did, group with lvl116+ and the pvp range for those attacking her had to be in the range of the 116 or else you couldn't attack here at all. So that means our level 70-90 couldn't attack her because she was using that bug to protect herself. Once we had to do the same thing, they put in yet a higher level player to block out the range again letting them go unchecked again. They did the same thing with there mid100's to group with higher levels blocking out the ability to be pvp'd by that range of players as well. *shrug* Lesson learned on my part, and its being looked into by GM's.
    Just look at our numbers Dazala, we just don't have so much people at same level range to choose from, we did our best to get some balanced teams together and the towers taken down by Kali's team were not the only ones as you might have noticed.
    By the way many of us -including me- didn't even know about this "maybe" exploit. But I don't want to apologize here for anything.

For me it was a damn good experience fighting together with my guild and friends even if we didn't have a chance to win at the end. We tried to take back what was ours and we have the same right as every other org/faction on Rubi-Ka to do this. I think we learned a lot from that and maybe at least some people realized that we are no punching balls for fat cowards who dont have the courage to fight equal enemies.

Seems like people don't think too much about the consequences of what they do... Now Lions Den doesn't only have the war with omni - they also chose to get in trouble with us. And maybe you will soon fear us more than you fear omni.

So that'll be somewhere between 'not at all' and 'crying with laughter' on the fear scale..
    Shikhi - The return!

Nocreon

***way out of character on this one, don't take this as a LD member post, just as me***

Yea, I saw omni's and Neut's attacking towers together and you guys did do a good job and had you been a bit more organized at times you probably would have done alot more damage. As a fellow game player I actually have to grin and say nice job about what you did get done, but you could have done more. Won't say how tho, hehe.

About the grouping thing, want to make sure you know they aren't looking into anyone. I mentioned no names to the GM's only the problem. My whole petition to them was to see if they knew about it, and they seemed not to and where going to get cracking on it asap. If we had been allowed to fight back within pvp ranges, Kali's group would have had alot more trouble because alot of her members would have died instead of us only being able to stand there getting upset because we could do nothing to people our own level because of this bug. Same with other groups because of it you couldn't pvp within your range or even people even con while they where in those groups. Maybe by posting this here someone at Funcom will see it being posted about and it will get a bit more attention? *shrug* Anyways, fun fun fun!

Talking hmmmm

This is totally OOC

OK now maybe the teams changed before I got there or after I left....but I teamed with Kali...at that point we were all in the same PvP range...we only attacked towers that were orange to us...everything else was Red and out of our range.

I'm not saying your wrong but that 'can't attack' thing didn't happen while I was there. Hmmm maybe it's a bug or something I don't know...while I was there we exploited no game mechanics.

Have to say though a lot of fun...lol and I agree it all went a bit to hell after awhile...especially since some neuts were getting repeatedly rezz killed by an omni guild. >

So I would like to say thanks to all who were there....clan, omni and neuts....was a fun fight

As they say all is fair in love and war...so thanks again
    Altared (aka Alteredstate)

------
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

If You Can’t Dazzle Them With Brilliance, Riddle Them With Bullets.
    ------

Question ok

Here was the team when I was there :-

103 Trader
    106 Enforcer
    94 Crat
    107 Agent
    81 Fixer

If thats any help. I don't know that much about PvP (being a crat) so maybe you see something there that I don't.

Any ideas?
    Altared (aka Alteredstate)

------
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

If You Can’t Dazzle Them With Brilliance, Riddle Them With Bullets.
    ------

OOC-

If there was any exploit I was not aware of it, I only started PVP when NW came out so I still have much to learn about it.

Dazala: Alteredstate's information on our team is correct. We did NOT have a level 116 in our team, so the damage we did was perfectly legal by current pvp rules as far as I know. Although our team members changed at the tail end of the battle (as some people needed to log), we had a new teammate or two but I don't remember off hand what their level was, but im quite sure it wasn't a 116.

fun fun!

ooc-

Sorry just got home and heading back out the door again. At one point you did have one that high, maybe wasn't long tho? I was sitting there watching you guys the majority of it because I couldn't do anything. The deal is that you couldn't be pvp'd by people your on level in those groups if they where outside hte pvp range of the highest member. The same deal was happening for others as well for various other groups there. I need to get back with the gm, when i get some time, haha, and talk to them more about this. Maybe I can get a concrete answer on this from them and see where it goes from there. And yes, I have this craving to get into pvp soon again because that was fun.

Have a great new year and I'll try to talk to you ingame a bit more on this ladyk. Can get into more detail of it and I don't want to post much about it so its not used much. Anyways, I'm off to get drunk!

ooc-

The team info that Alteredstate posted is accurate from the time our team formed and remained until the tail-end of the battle. That was when few of our teammates had to log, and we were joined by another fixer ad an NT, neither of whom were 116+.

If ya wanna talk about this in-game, sure no prob I'll be around after the holidays, Happy New Year!!!

IC-

President Sumokan has issued the following statement regarding the asault on Lions Den base in Mort:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=86375

Originally posted by Velveeta
    /chicken
    Isnt that the move you used throughout the latter part of the battle? Because you certainly didnt fight unless you had a full team of non-Lions Den clanners along with you.

After the first 2 hours or so when neutrals had the upper hand, Lions Den apparently couldnt hold their own without calling for assistance in Tir Arena. All those PvP tweaked people was needed to hold us neutrals at bay because Lions Den was utterly unable to do so at their own.

And if you want to talk exploits, how about your friendly MA that used a definate exploit to attack while people was still in PvP grace? The level problem you mention has to do with PvP range being narrower than Xp range. Yes, there was half a dozen of green clanners running around that I couldnt attack because they were out of my PvP range, were you clanners exploiting?

Lions Den should remove all references to being neutral friendly and honorable from their org descriptions and manifests. More fitting would be "cowards" and "weaklings", because Lions Den apparently dont have the guts to attack their enemy, Omni, and instead pick on neutrals, with the assistance of Ancarim Iron Legion and The Mockers (because on their own, Lions Den dont have the power to take over a base).

/Jereziah

Originally posted by Jereziah

(because on their own, Lions Den dont have the power to take over a base).

/Jereziah

And it seems, neither do you.
    Trellame
    Legitimate businessman
    Board Member | The Black Company
    www.the-black-company.net
    Founder & Former President | The Mockers
    trellame@anotherwebboy.com

With Lions Den having the advantage of numbers, there's the irony Tellame.

ooc:
    Please... dont take this to a flame war on forums as well. Was good fight. Sad that I logged on late and missed half the fun. It has passed nevertheless gaze at the future instead.

ic:
    Jereziah careful with your comments there I assure you you wouldnt want to put your guild in a situation that you would regret. There is still hope for the willing. If not... both sides looses and the third side wins.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware