Thread: *CORRECT* procedure to make the Improved Immortal Katana?

*CORRECT* procedure to make the Improved Immortal Katana?

Does anyone know, from first-hand experience, the correct procedure to obtain the Improved Immortal Katana? I had used the guide at www.anarchyarcanum.com, however, discovered that it's horribly wrong - in regards to the end result. Basically, following anarchyarcanum's guide; I got a quality 108 Faded Immortal Katana off of Jocosta, looted a quality 106 SSC reversive energy pack from the cyborgs in Perpetual Wastelands, and had an Engineer with over 900 in Mech Eng. install the pack, to which the end product SHOULD have been an IMPROVED Immortal Katana. Rather, what I got was just a high quality Immortal Katana. Quality 124, to be precise.

Now, although a quality 124 Immortal Katana is definitely a nice reward for some tradeskill work, considering that Jocosta normally doesn't seem to drop Immortal Katanas past quality 108, better quality for the original Immortal was not my aim, nor what I expected when reading the arcanum guide. I was after the IMPROVED Immortal Katana and still would much like to make it.

Is this the result of FunCom changing the procedure, or was this never the correct procedure to begin with? Personally, I had always theorized that improving the Immortal Katana would have had something to do with the MMR slashing disks.

Could I get some hard input on this subject once and for all?

nice to know... want to sell that QL124 Immortal Katana? hehe

Yes, to make the Improved Immortal Katana you have to use a MRR (Improve Slashing Weapons) on it. That's the only way you can change a Broken Immortal Katana to anything else.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Hey Krabbus, if you're on Rimor, I may trade it with you for a Quality 106 or higher Broken Immortal. As a metaphysicist, I'm really only interested in using the Improved version sans the lower requirements.

I'm at atlantean, but got a broken version QL95

anyone knows if it's possible to raise the QL of the immortal katana with slashing MRR, but keep it as 2HE/Melee Energy? Got a QL72 but want it to be a higher QL

What is spawnerate at Commander Jocasta?

Regarding this

the guide on Arcanum has been edited a few times now and it should be correct now
    Anarchy Arcanum
    Krystanova: MMORPGs as a genre need to get off their ass and start being as good as they are addictive.

Live
    Twicer (Meta) | Oggyman (Enforcer) | Shaur (Soldier)

/me lols at the typo in twicer's sig.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.