Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TL5 or 6 Token Board

TL5 or 6 Token Board

Ok since this game has surely changed since the days Moses from Funcom put his chisel down, you think we can get a higher token board? a TL6 one perhaps? I'm creeping up to 4K tokens. The 1K token board is wonderful, no complaints, but hell with almost four times that number of tokens maybe there should be a 5K board for those of us still doing fuggin' BS missions?

'Need to do missions'

'I need tokens'

No thanks, I'd like to get rid of that.

Good Idea

yer when u hit 5k tokens u should become a god

Good Idea

One of the little plastic gods that sit in the back of cars nodding their heads as you drive along the road.

Good Idea

o hang about their dogs

Good Idea

yer when u hit 5k tokens u should become a dog))

Originally posted by cold
    'Need to do missions'

'I need tokens'

No thanks, I'd like to get rid of that.
    Well just because you don't want it doesn't mean that I don't want it :P.

And shouldn't there be a bonus for those like me that solo a lot?

No there shouldn't and no higher token boards thanks...

1000 Token board is must to be competitive on PvP and to install some towers.

Having 5k or 10k or 100k Token board would be just as must which would (in some cases) mean that even level 200 players who though they got rid of BS missions would be there all over again...

I have currently 1.5k Tokens myself and before I reach 200 I most likely have 3-4k atleast, although I have (now that I have 1000 Token board) found again the joy of outdoor hunting... now that I no longer MUST do missions for Tokens.

I am just very glad I never "farmed" them and wasted my time there but the old system was absurd so it had to change. Now it is very easy, perhaps even too easy but shrug...

Zarch and da chars

I love the idea of more token boards.. but as to what mods theyd give.. who knows? maybe the ability to personalize a weapon or backpacks..? I dunno

i think we need beds

Piercingevil,

This has been bought up so many times and I'm now at the stage where I'm about to give up on ever seeing higher level token boards.

Whenever we bring this up we get two crouds of people stamping on the idea.
    1. It will unbalance things with higher level boards
    2. We don't want to be forced to do more missions

I've tried hundreds of times to attempt to explain to these people that just because higher level boards exist they don't HAVE to try and get it.
    That there could be something in the game that would be quite difficult to get.
    But for some reason they see the idea of a new board, decide that they will have to own it and to do so would of course mean more missions and then they moan.

The token system was the one thing where the player who solo's quite a lot actually had an advantage.
    While the teamsters were off racing to level 200 as quickly as possible we were getting tokens and we were also going to be the first and maybe some of the few to get the 1000 board.
    Alas Funcom made those "really great changes that didn't devalue the current tokens in game" LOL and now everybody has the board and if they don't they soon will have.

I personally have 3000 of the things, all got through normal gameplay.
    2000 of those are a compelte waste of space and to be honest I can see them never having any use in the game - you gotta remember that Funcom loves listening to the PvP'ers and teamsters and the solo players are very much "bottom of the barrel" to those in charge.

its not that the bottom of the barrel was forgotten, it was nerfed, and then considered an exploit, so the youre more likely just hanging out in hyperspace holding onto a imaginary bottom of a barrel that was never actually ingame since barrels were misconstrued as being too uber

I'm willing to lay credits down that we'll probably have new token boards with the introduction of Shadowlands.

In regard to balance. I'm sure come Shadowlands the word will have a whole new meaning what with higher ability caps, armor, weapons and whatever else Funcom will have in store for us.

In regard to missions. Funcom has stated that if they raise the level cap they will look for other ways to reward xp. Hopefully, other ways to earn tokens too. So, those that don't want to run missions for tokens anymore are not forced to do so.

I'm one to agree there should be greater rewards for those willing to endure a greater number of missions.

I think what you meant to ask for was an alternative to missions.
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

+1000 Toten Boards

1. Extra tokens could be used to purchase uber items from a special store. Higher level nanocrystals or weapons/armor enhancements.

2. If kept, they would be awarded a higher ql baord with the option of selecting 5-6 special skills. (ie, nano users could enhance nano skills, or harder to raise dark blue skills.)

3. For 2000 tokens a player might get better exp%, or a PvP advantage.

4. For 3000 tokens a player might get a nano to escape to grid, 100% heal (once in 30 mins), enhanced short time crit, or use of any class specific nanos. (ie, any class could use snare/root/blind once every 30-60 mins)

5. Reduce amount of tokens earned to match title levels. Only those 190+ players could get the final board.
    Last edited by Eye4get; Dec 31st, 2002 at 19:16:29.

i really never farmed tokens as they said but i still have more then 7k tokens... And i DO solo alot... :P well have done. yea.. agree there should be something with the extra 6k tokens you got... like.. what should i do with em? =)
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by Hajkster
    i still have more then 7k tokens... And i DO solo alot... :P well have done
    /me faints

How many days /played do you have? rofl
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Well I wasn't going to reply cause i didn't want to bump this and hoped it would roll off and die, but since it's already right at the top here goes...

- You need the highest token board available to be have a fair shot in NW.
    - BS missions are the best way to get tokens.
    - The more BS missions you do the more boring the game becomes.
    - Bored people quit playing the game.

By keeping the max token board where it is right now it encourages people to hunt outdoors, explore the world of Rubi Ka, do unique encounters and destroy and defend towers ie: things that are fun.

Funcom, thank you, thank you, thank you, for not adding a token board above 1000 and allowing me to to do things besides mission without gimping myself.
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

Maybe if BS is the best way to get them then maybe they need to look at why that's the case and spread that around to other places.
    Maybe more diverse missions, certainly more quests would be good, even if they are simple things but a reward if done under time frames or whatever could have a token reward. I personally much prefer doing quests to yet another "Robin Banks has stolen blah blah blah..." mission.

Endless missions are boring and it's that that needs to be looked at in more detail for solutions rather than the potential rewards when doing them.

The high level game is only going to get more and more important as more people achieve higher levels which of course will happen over time. Making people stay once they reach level 200 has got to be high up in FC's concerns.

IMHO I think the more goals high level players have to achieve the better and if they have multiple ways of achieving those goals then it will work.

Higher level token boards under the current system of doing the same old missions in the same old location is not going to work for the majority and as a business it's those that FC will look to appease.

Make the way missions work more interesting and the high level token boards (and other things) will follow.

hmm.

It would be cool if you could exchange your extra tokens for ip points maybe? I dont really need any extra ip points because i am yet agian title capped and maxed out in all my important skills but if i could get extra ip points to maybe help build up my nano crystal making skills that would be fun.
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

Originally posted by Thromp
    Well I wasn't going to reply cause i didn't want to bump this and hoped it would roll off and die, but since it's already right at the top here goes...

- You need the highest token board available to be have a fair shot in NW.
    - BS missions are the best way to get tokens.
    - The more BS missions you do the more boring the game becomes.
    - Bored people quit playing the game.

By keeping the max token board where it is right now it encourages people to hunt outdoors, explore the world of Rubi Ka, do unique encounters and destroy and defend towers ie: things that are fun.

Funcom, thank you, thank you, thank you, for not adding a token board above 1000 and allowing me to to do things besides mission without gimping myself.
    My point proven I feel (see my post on this).
    As soon as somebody mentions higher QL boards somebody goes on about being FORCED to do missions.
    Call me Mr. Picky but unless after the introduction of a higher board you logged in to find an in-game message "You may do nothing else until you've done more missions" this argument is both moot and incorrect.

I really will try and keep things as simple as possible:

Let's pretend - New higher level token board.

1. You do NOT have to do more missions
    2. NOBODY gets bored because they are NOT forced to do more missions

It all seems prety clear and straight forward, but I'm sure that somebody else will soon tell us that as soon as higher QL boards are added Funcom place a virtual gun to your head and make you do more missions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast