Thread: Team Side and PvP

Team Side and PvP

Why doesn't it work fully?

Examples of how it currently works (in 25%):

When a neutral is teamed with an Omni, team side is Omni.

Neutral with team side Omni doesn't get hurt from Area Nukes set off by Omni. (Far as I can tell anyway.) Same for area roots.

Neutral can be directly attacked by other Omni sided players outside of his/her team.

Neutral can't buff Omni sided players ouside his/her team.

Neutral can still buff and heal other neutrals.

It's nice that we can attack in 25% now, but still, if we ally with Omni or Clan friends for defending our neutral towers, the whole buffing/team thing is a royal mess. Same as if we help defend or attack somebody elses towers.

What I'd like to see:
    * Neutrals able to buff/heal neutrals in 25% with team side of Omni/Clan.

* Neutrals able to buff/heal those whos Side is the same as their team side.

* If team side is Omni, you can't be attacked by Omni. If it's Clan, you can't be attacked by clan.

* PvP flag system overrides above rules.

At least I want to know why it is AoE stuff doesn't hit me, and why every thing else does.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Quick correction...

In the times I have checked, Neutrals in sided teams *cannot* buff outside Neutrals. In fact, as far as I can tell, Neutrals in sided teams can't buff *anyone* outside the team.

-Jayde

Originally posted by Jayde
    Quick correction...

In the times I have checked, Neutrals in sided teams *cannot* buff outside Neutrals. In fact, as far as I can tell, Neutrals in sided teams can't buff *anyone* outside the team.

-Jayde
    Ok, so it's worse than I thought.

Please fix us gimpy neutrals.
    (without handing us a Clan or Omni application!)
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    ----

gimps..
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Originally posted by Wal
    gimps..
    Pistol packing, Sabertooth makes me queasy, out of style fro sporting gimp! :P
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    ----

Just join omni and it would be so much better and faster. All your problems would be solved. And you even get a nice XP bonus!

Dont forget to test your new gun on a clan member!

Originally posted by Insida
    Just join omni and it would be so much better and faster. All your problems would be solved. And you even get a nice XP bonus!
    You be Omni for 171 levels and have someone ask you to sign a Clan application. Gonna do it? Didn't think so.

Besides, think about it. IF FunCom listens to suggestions on the Tara forums, you could find having neutral friend in PvP to be very handy, circumventing the player perposed side limits. (And it won't be a huge problem, because...where are you going to find 6 150+
    neuts who want to PvP anyway? :P)

And sure, signing an Omni application will fixt things for me, but it wouldn't do a thing for every other stubborn pain in the butt that doesn't want to sign that form.
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    ----

I wouldnt go clan for two reasons. First, I would lose my token board and two, I would be forced to fight my friends in pvp

Originally posted by Insida
    Not to mention the fact that some of us chose and remain Neutral because we want to do so. This is still and always has been a Role-Playing game, not a "give me the most benefits" game. You want to choose the side with the most benefits, that is your choice to make. Just broadcast that you've chosen Omni-Tek for that reason and not because you would ever stoop to defend the vile actions taken by the evil Galactic corporation you are employed by. Not that I'm condoning the actions of the Clans, I think they have done many questionable things as well. Then again many of the Clans and their members simply want to drive Omni-Tek off of Rubi-Ka and would live in peace with those of us who remained Neutral during the conflict.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    -Philip K. D*ck

"AO is that which, when you stop leveling in it, doesn't go away."
    -Elgynn

The Old Boinky - The One True Heart and Soul of CG, even after...
    meh gear
    Arthurian the Pendragon
    Neutral 4 Life