Thread: Some Future Patch Wants

Some Future Patch Wants

Here im gonna list some things that i would hopefully like to see happen in the next patches, Others are encouraged to add to the list, and its okay to flame me (i know where u live ) Being an MP sucks in many ways, some ways more then others.

1. For pvp, Please make some items or nanos (please mp please mp) that can take off those blasted Trader Deprives/ransacks in pvp and tower battles. Come on people, mps already suck, why make us worse by having our heal pet stop healing and makeing it so we cant cast nanos! same goes for NT.(I can feel the flame's coming, and some mps dont suck)

2. Enginers, Not positivly sure, but SOME of the engineers i asked said that, most engineers lvl 190+ can hardly cast a slayer without some speical items, why not lower the regs for some of them?

3. Traders are good, inside and outside pvp, Why dont we make them more ballenced? most of their nanos are slow and their deprives/ransacks have such bad recharge without high nano int.

4. MA's, first you nerd them, then u make them uber, then u sort of nerf them, why? MA's are fun to play, but it kind of sucks how your fighting some very hard mobs and u go to heal, then get dmg'ed again but cant heal cause of the recharge and it takes alot of nano, cant we like lower at lest the nano cost?

Okay im done, i got some more but im sure i will be already majorly flamed. i only ask that your not to tough on me, sure im a Vet in AO, but im new to these bords. *AO forum god give me strength to wistand the flames*. See you guys later, happy flaming.

/edit k a tiny tiny edit here. when in number one how i said Enginers lvl 190+ can hardly cast a slayer, i ment without buffs from mps or traders. sorry
    Yes i live in alaska, No i dont live in an igloo, yes i have cable!

1: 14.7 saw the advent of Virus Scanners (can be bought in the Medical Supplies booth in any general store) which reduce the duration on plunder/deprives, among other nanos, with a considerable amount, dependent on the Virus Scanner's QL. Buy them, they're lifesavers for tower-battles.

2: Well, that's what we Engis have, being unable to buff our green nanoskills (and tradeskills, for that matter) beyond the Expertises available to Tom, **** and Harry. The top slayerdroid is a bot we might be able to self-cast at TTL6, given our 'useful items' like Neleb's cloak, OET Jess, eventually some of the harder-to-find or expensive items like Virral Eggs and the like. We've asked Funcom about this before.

3. Well, the Traders would scream bloody murder, for one thing, and truly balancing the Traders would likely mean taking away more than one of the nanos they have had for over a year now.

4. No opinion there, haven't played one of the professions-of-the-month.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

MA's aren't supposed to be great healers, yaknow. We're intentionally third rate, there.

The only change they might ever be persuaded to make (fat chance, but...) would be to add more in the self-only heal line, with lower recharge requirements, to help primarily soloers.

You want a doc, get a doc. You want a backup doc, get an adventurer. You want a 'well, maybe I can help a bit', get an MA.

the trader debuff may be hard on MP's. (Dont know, haven't played one past lvl 40) but for a fixer in GA they are murder.

It have been this way ever since GA came into the picture. Seeing that there have been some balancing done with professions and nanos why not give us fixers a nano that can stomp the trader deprive or such? NT's got a nano to battle the GA fixers. Dont you think it is time us fixers get something to prevent the traders from making us nekkid in PvP or even PvM?

I guess some of you will say that I dont have to wear GA in PvP, and you are right. But I enjoy the GA. it works for me in PvM and also in some 1-1 PvP. but when it comes to mass PvP. I get deprived, ransacked and then handed my GA by the reclaim. all in the space of 10 seconds. Not fun and sure as hell not very useful in tower battles. I know that fixers in GA are easy targets. I have seen this first hand, by having several OT going after my blue butt. I am far form an expert in PvP. I die more times then not, but now we have several factors against us.

Trader with their nanos. THey have had these from the start or almost from the start.
    Now NTs if they have this fixer killer nano
    any Melee fighter since Evade-Clsc dont work.
    Even melee mobs in missions are what scare me the most. mostly those MP mobs with shields. Since the last patch they crit like crazy. I rather face a RM or an Ace since they are range mobs and dont hit as much.

So, FC. give us fixers something to battle these nanos. It can be done, you are not nerfing any proffesion by giving us them. Traders may scream that you are making us to uber, but make them short lasting. 3-5 minutes or so. just give us some chance to last more then 10 seconds in PvP combat. After all that is what you are gearing AO into becoming
    General Thoram of the Twin Sun Syndicate

Bump

This post needs to be read and heard. I totally agree with Thoram. In PvP and PvM tradeer's hurt like hell. I mean right from the start, deprive, ransack, then what? we cant do anything, and *in pvp* their guns are probably not oe any more so they pummple us.

I know its a big time truth with GA and fixers, Nanot techs are basicly worthless, MP's cant do anything beacuse none of their pets do anything,enginers, advs, the list goes on and on.

FC, You havent really done much to the trader proffesion. You put the oe patch in, and u made their healing nanos do full dmg to them. Thats about it. their are a few minor things but still. Why dont u do anything to them? I know this sounds like a complaint post and it kind of is but its still truth. Not sure about other proffs but MPs can cast the unmakes at around lvl 60. Wich Help, but not with a 5.87 attack and a long recharge, most of the time at lvl 60, the trader can already depriff beyond what unmake does so were still kind of screwd.

Im thinking, a good way to get around this is to put a sort of Nano op' on the trader. say a 15 or 20 second one, so they cant chain deprive/ransack.

Just my thoughts.

Re: Some Future Patch Wants

Originally posted by Nanopixie
    Here im gonna list some things that i would hopefully like to see happen in the next patches, Others are encouraged to add to the list, and its okay to flame me (i know where u live ) Being an MP sucks in many ways, some ways more then others.

1. For pvp, Please make some items or nanos (please mp please mp) that can take off those blasted Trader Deprives/ransacks in pvp and tower battles. Come on people, mps already suck, why make us worse by having our heal pet stop healing and makeing it so we cant cast nanos! same goes for NT.(I can feel the flame's coming, and some mps dont suck)

2. Enginers, Not positivly sure, but SOME of the engineers i asked said that, most engineers lvl 190+ can hardly cast a slayer without some speical items, why not lower the regs for some of them?

3. Traders are good, inside and outside pvp, Why dont we make them more ballenced? most of their nanos are slow and their deprives/ransacks have such bad recharge without high nano int.

4. MA's, first you nerd them, then u make them uber, then u sort of nerf them, why? MA's are fun to play, but it kind of sucks how your fighting some very hard mobs and u go to heal, then get dmg'ed again but cant heal cause of the recharge and it takes alot of nano, cant we like lower at lest the nano cost?
    I can't comment on #2 and #3, since I haven't played an Engi or Trader before. The other two, however....

1) Those Virus Scanners will reduce the duration of deprives/ransacks. It doesn't work on anything else. (incompetence nanos, unmakes, trader AC debuffs, doctor init debuffs, etc.) You have to be sitting and out of combat to use them. Basically, you can't get rid of that ransack until you kill your opponent. With the way things are in PvP, if a trader ransacks you, you're gonna get owned. And then you won't need that Virus Scanner, cuz death terminates all nano programs.

4) Sort of nerf? SORT OF? MA's in PvP are gimps now. Even with bows, we can't stand up and fight decently. We get rooted too easily, our fists are crit dependent (GET RID OF THE CRIT NERF!!!), our weapons (which aren't available in stores, BTW) are IP sinks, the only bows available in the game suck for everything except PvP alphastrikes, our MA specials recycle too slowly, and our heals can't compete against a doc or even an adventurer. There are weapons that are supposed to be in game for MA's (howling bow, WWK) that haven't shown up yet for one reason or another. MA's are leaving every day, cancelling their accounts or rolling and twinking alts. And you want to say that we're SORT OF NERFED?!?!

*sigh* I'm sorry, I'm just really pissed off at the whole MA situation right now. We don't wanna be the heroes of Dragonball Z... we just want to be able to help out in a tower raid instead of being laughed at.
    Yep. I'm back.
    Ph43r.

for the record.

What i ment in number one is a nano prog or ittem that gets rid of ransacks/deprives during the battle, not after. thanks.

NO ONE SHOULD GET ANY NANOS TO AUTOMATICLY CANCEL
    TRADER DRAINS

that would be crap and would nerf traders to all hell and back

ive fought those docs with those new drain blocking nanos it sux bad

I also have high lvl mp i say mps need instacast root/mezz breakers for pets in pvp situation pets=main offense and heal pets get mezzed and wont heal that is retarded thats the mps hot if i cast mezz on a fixer his hot should stop healing to be fair

pets are really no threat in pvp
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

Originally posted by milmaker
    NO ONE SHOULD GET ANY NANOS TO AUTOMATICLY CANCEL
    TRADER DRAINS

that would be crap and would nerf traders to all hell and back

ive fought those docs with those new drain blocking nanos it sux bad

I also have high lvl mp i say mps need instacast root/mezz breakers for pets in pvp situation pets=main offense and heal pets get mezzed and wont heal that is retarded thats the mps hot if i cast mezz on a fixer his hot should stop healing to be fair

pets are really no threat in pvp
    Lemme guess. You play a trader and an MP?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

No he playes a trader, if he played a MP he wouldnt care, because we suck

*Snore* Another NERF TRADERs thread.

I play one of these UBER traders. Let me tell what happens in mass PvP:

1. I cast Divest. It gets resisted like 30-40% today.
    2. 2 secs later, the opposing side shouts in their chat channel "Afelia is trader, take her out".
    3. 4 secs later, I get ganked by 5 people.

Fun.

Take away drains and you can delete the Trader prof. Traders were uber 6 months ago. Don't use that to call the nerf stick today. Remember trader is one of 4? profs that doesn't have 5 skillpoints/level for their main weaponskill. If you concider pets/nukes as main weapon, I think they are one of two.

Learn the game, get some Nanoresist and don't play at 100% agg.

If you as MP don't regulary resist plunder, go rethink your setup. Traders need Divest to get *SAME* attack rating as other profs. With the plunder we get high attack rating but everyone can blame themself if they don't resist plunder regulary. (Except advs)

Traders need more content. Don't have to be better, just more choises. It's bad when the best trader weapon either needs an item worth 70+M or not a shotgun. Our trader-only armour is a joke (Check reqs)

Currently, Enfs is the Uber PvP prof. 2200 runspeed, 1500 nanoresist, 2000+ MeleeInit and 1700 AttackRating

-Af.

actually i have both
    lvl 150MP retired due to no content past 135
    lvl 126Trader who is gonna make 200 soon

And when im out at a tower me knows that one clanners sees im a trader spams there channel get milmakers head he's a trader cuz i get wiped out like that after my first kill well that is when im at clan tower when i do omni tower i do ok not as much focus on me as they are tryin to get the towers

gank all those tower attackers i love it
    6kills in a row lol

as for mps in pvp they need some new instacast nanos that kill charm and root on pets cuz without pets we are just an nt/trader we get one nuke to use and nano skill debuffs and plz dont say nanoshutdown cuz it sux its slow and youll be dead seconds after u cast it ive only ever had it work to my favor once against a doctor cuz without his heals he dies pretty quick against my pet hitin for 300-500 per hit and me nuking for 400+pts

yes EQB enfs and fixers (praying for ga) are the professions of the hour as they have more advantages than we do

eqb fullydrained still hits for more than my ithys base damage

ga fixer is almost invincible to all professions sept traders and nts

Red face HA!

Afelia, i never said take away drains, and that crap about "getting your attack" to that other other profs is a big joke. Most of the traders always have guns on that are OE until they deprive and ransack, if u dont like your oe attack rating then why dont u get a wepond that dont do that?

i agree with mil though on the root thing for pets. It totally sucks when they get rooted. its like when the heal pet gets rooted the heal command leaves him and he just sits their. Pets are good, true, but not against people or proffs that place their hand good and have high hp, i mean its like this.

MP: Good lucky Man. i hope i dont die fast!

Enforcer: Dont worry, i suck.

Meatball of death: I will do crap dmg to him master!
    Meatball of healing: I will try and heal you master...
    Meatball that does nothing: Huh?

Enforcer hits you for 500 points of melee dmg

Meatball of healing: i cant heal you master since i forgote the stupid command when that agent over their rooted me!

Meatball of death his Enforcer for 200 points of dmg

Enforcer hits you for 1200 points of melee dmg, CRIT!

Mp hits enforcer for 3 points smack dmg

Enforcer's dmg shield hits you for 60 points of dmg

*mp death*

LOL good interpretion of a battle

id love to have a root pet that roots ppl it would be nice

but as it is pets sux in pvp bottom line

has anyone ever dueled high lvl fixer with that nasty snare

your pet is moving so slow u could bake a cake inbetween his foots steps that is for the demon with the meatball he kinda just hovers in place

ill never take my mp to any tower battles the pet bites against anything not lvl 200 and below mobs

as for traders drains its all traders get
    thatd be like fixers with no hots or roots
    enforcers with no mongos or challeneger or rages
    mas without crits oops what happened what crits

u want traders to become the next mas

sorry mas i feel the pain i use 9% ellts and ithy so i feel it too

but i still got my drains for the moment

if they nerf drains im gonna cry nerf fixers hots/roots and enoforcer rage/mongo/challenger

those are the 3 best pvp professions and everyone knows it
    especially a qb enforcer who can still kick my ass with all drains running

Im surprised no other ENF has come here to state anything in our defense, yet thats prob due to the fact that they just kinda chuckled about you saying we are the most UBER PVP proffesion in game. . . .

Uhhh ok first off, do you have any idea just how bad it SUCKS to be melee in a tower fight? No wait, stop before you speak and think about it . . . getting a better picture now? Good Im glad.

EQB usuing enf? Ya you seen the req to use one of them? Oh ya and EVERY enf has one! ( ssarcasim there so you know ) . . . Ok even still . . lets see . . . how many classes does an ENF go up against that uses ranged? Ummmm . . . heh oh I think your starting to get it now . . damnit our melee weapons HAVE TO do more damage then your ranged, when rooted and deprivied we just kinda sit there, and get pegged in the head, nuked to death . . . aimed shout that takes out my knee caps . . .

Oh but you get Rage/Chall/Mongo Mr. UbAR Enforcer man, thats just not fair . . . its not? Fine, give me a vaible ranged weapon for a melee class . . . give me roots and nukes . . . and give me GA and some castable deprives and then maybe we will talk nerf about those things . . .

How can you &$^# about the mass amount of close range damage an Enf can do to you, when thats the only bloody thing we can do?!

Oh and ya wanna know something, not every Enf is a clone . . Man I still got my beam, and not even lucky to have a scope . .

Just give us a break ok? I dont mean to sound harsh, really I dont, but if you go ahead and swing by the Enforcer Board you wont EVER see us crying Nerf for any other profession, but we finnally got alittle bit of love that actually made us KINDA viable in PvP and you all cry nerf us?

In closing, I understand how upsetting it can be to feel your choosen proffesion is not as well balanced as another classes, but before you go saying Enforcer our the best damage dealers and one of the most Uber classes in game, maybe you should just take a step back and look at what we have to deal with in PvP as well.

As it stands, myself and Im sure almost all other Enforcers on the boards, hope your probelms get fixed, but I dont feel you should be thinking that we as Enforcer should be getting probelms just becuase you have some . . . . .

We already have enough problems of our own.

Merry Part and Blessed Be,
    Quik
    Quiksilva - Omni Enforcer ( hey its a job )

Misterbungle - Rerolled 2HE Omni Enforcer . . . . . " It's not funny my @ss is on fire! "

Why are both of my ONLY two characters Enforcers? Simple, it doesnt matter what weapon/armor/style you go for, Enforcers are a very simple and much needed class in game. You simple hit things. ALOT >

" We have no great war, no great desprssion. Our great war is a spiritual war, our depression, is our lives. " ~ Tyler Durden, Fight Club

Originally posted by Afelia
    *Snore* Another NERF TRADERs thread.

I play one of these UBER traders. Let me tell what happens in mass PvP:

1. I cast Divest. It gets resisted like 30-40% today.
    2. 2 secs later, the opposing side shouts in their chat channel "Afelia is trader, take her out".
    3. 4 secs later, I get ganked by 5 people.

Fun.

You know what ? That wouldn't happen if drains were taken away
    Menlas

- Fixer (Doer) -

Advisor of A.I.R

Im sorry quick but i think u misinterpreted my post

Everywhere u look its nerf drains this nerf drains that

And im sick of that crap TRADERS are one thing drains
    without drains we might as well not do any pvping whatsoever

and as far as enforcers go once an enforcer hits 161 hes got that QB on i see them all over the place

and as for rooting u that is tragic but if u get within range 3hits and your opponent is dead ive be attacked by QB weilding enforcer and before i could cast root and one drain im dead

i usually cast low ql root but rage will break that easy and u on top of me with your uber high run when rage is running bam brawl boom im dead QB owns even when fully drained it does good damage ive been there ive seen it in action

but u are right i dont want any other professions to be nerfed pvp wise i wish that mas would get there crits back seeing as an agent who casts his crit buff will crit like ever hit for the duration

i dont want to nerf u or anyone else i just want others to stop cryin nerf the traders