Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The hardest mob!

LB?

A while ago - about lvl30ish I went for a mission in far SE lush fields (i think). Having run for about 20mins I crossed a river and alomst got my ass taken by a shark. Having got the the far side I checked it out and decided not to attack it.

So, I carried on running and about 2 mins later I saw something that I think was a lifebleeder (cant remember). I looked at it for a second, the ntried to run round it. Nope. Next thing I know I was in reclaim. The thing was I looked back through the txt window and it attacked me but there was no record of it stricking or damaging me. I just died.

Uber Lifebleeder? I hope not - I have a morbid fear of the things neway (they agg NTs)

Seen this one?
    Please allow me to introduce you to the voices:

The voices, the voices! Stop the voices!

The voices are played by, in order of appearance:

Gragoneye - loveable, hugable, with a fondness for violence!
    Servivious - bitter, twisted and a little unhinged..
    Blindhealer - just a little bit out of her depth!

Proud to be First Order!!

hammer breeders

yea too bad that the
    hammerbeasts are the same
    size as hammer broodlings...

but i was damn impressed as well when
    i first saw a hammer broodling in my early days.

i hope there are even bigger hammer beasties around...
    Last edited by Ivo; Jan 15th, 2002 at 16:46:44.

just testing something .. disregard...

asdf
    Bouche (186) Opifex MP - Guild of Meta Physicists
    Experienced (47) Solitus Soldier
    Rough (41) Atrox Enforcer
    Portas (5) Solitus Keeper

ok at lvl 105 the pain lords dont hit me for 5k lol the hit for closer to 2k i have hunted the DAV barrow mountains stuffed with pain lords and drill investigators doom bringers and soul steppers

but i get hit for 3.5k by a non aggro npc in Poole "Susan Fourer"
    poole is near galway shire she is reputably toughest npc in the game her attack cycle is aroun .5 / .75 secs

Originally posted by skutter
    ok at lvl 105 the pain lords dont hit me for 5k lol the hit for closer to 2k i have hunted the DAV barrow mountains stuffed with pain lords and drill investigators doom bringers and soul steppers

but i get hit for 3.5k by a non aggro npc in Poole "Susan Fourer"
    poole is near galway shire she is reputably toughest npc in the game her attack cycle is aroun .5 / .75 secs

Well, she used to be a good spot for low lvl ppl to jump lvl's fast. She was constantly camped with lvl50's-70's just like Halle Ford in Clon****. But then all the uber-camped NCP's got their dmg output increased to around 3-4k. You also see Halle Ford hit for that now.

The NCP's in 20k, Milo Chatter and Silverleaf Funguspore tho, don't hit for much, but their HP / HealtData is twinked now... So, go hunt some mobs.

Anyways, It's not that she's the thougest ncp in the game. Even Halle Ford (the n00b NCP hit for that now).

One thing I would like to comment on a previous post about named NCP killing. Now, GM's said that it was Exploiting, Cheating and that they gave to much XP? That strikes me as a little "off". Right now, Im hunting Vet / Skilled and Aces in EFP (Omni Castle / Outpost whatever) and Vet's are barely as though as Milo Chatter (used to be, untwinked) and they give even better XP.

Also, they spawn each minute and there are tons to take.. So lvling is uber-fast. Guess this is cheating also? FC gotta make up their damn mind...
    Last edited by Caol; Jan 17th, 2002 at 00:56:45.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Nokken

Found this picture of a Nokken. I think someone want to see what one looked like. I'm sure glad it wasn't me that took this pic with how low level I am.

http://www.anarchylore.com/ss.asp?id=26808&mode=show
    BearDragon: Clan Meta-Physicist - Rubi-Ka 2 - Souls of Retribution

Mirumoto: Clan Enforcer - Rubi-Ka 1
    -- "The mountains never learned to step aside"

BlackStar01: Clan Martial Artist - Rubi-Ka 1

Yasuki: Clan Trader - Test Server

Coolest looking mob is without a doubt the Plainscale.. I was like WOW!!!! when I first saw it.. best of all its not agro, so I got to take some real cool close up screenshots, like this one http://web.sysrq.no/maniac/ao/scrn0354.jpg

Pretty thought too.. as my teammates found out when they got the smart idea of trying to kill it..... all dead... I just watched, had the feeling that this was futile... :P

It was walking around at the Mort OP.

Hratgard - 151 NT
    Last edited by Hratgard; Jan 23rd, 2002 at 01:58:00.

Got some good pics in the daylight.
    Live nude Nokken!

The link above might need an AO-basher login.
    If that's a problem look here.

Killed Fossegrim twice in 20k a loooooong time ago as a 100 NT.
    Dropped no items and I think it was like 800cr. I just remember being severely disappointed thought.

Only for like 300-500. Has about 28-40k hp.

Both times were in same day in 20k about 10 minutes apart. Flew all over 20k looking for another one but never saw it again.

Attempted to solo the Basalt Pit Lizard in EFP. Never even finished that fight. Only hit me for 900-1k or so, but has around 100+k hp, and heals enormously fast, maybe 100hp/ sec. Got him down to 75% life in about half hour, then just gave up.

Those Nokken were in Upper Stret East Bank. There was a third one farily close too.

Are Nokken easier or harder than Fossegrim?

Never seen the Nokken.

Did see Forest Eremite not the most dangerous, Hit hard but group of 4 killed one with no doc and no casualties. But they win my award for the scariest creature in game.

First AND only time I ever fought one the thing jumped right out of the ground, scared me so bad I almost pee'd on myself

Never even thought of fighting one again.

NPCs in Sablum

Yesterday when I was in Perpetual Wastelands defending Sablum. Some omni attacked a red NPC there (the firstname, Lastname type). Well out of 40+ people and Omni Guards there we could NOT kill even 1 of them. It must have had a ton of HP cause these things were just wiping out people left and right and to make things worse a clanner AOE slowed us.

Originally posted by Illuvatar

This Fixer whining is pathetic, not many classes do better than a fixer in PvP, Rubi Ka 2 is pretty much totally owned by a fixer at least, an opifex fixer to make it even worse
    As has been said 1000 times before... If you are a fixer, PvP before level 35 and after level 170 (or so). Last time I checked, Trystar (the fixer you reffer to) is the highest level player on RK-2 and around 177, that gives him a distinct advantage. Last time I checked trystar was using a suppressor, which if you read the description causes Evade-Duck type damage - (explosive), something which far too many people don't raise, and I believe he uses a nice scope to increase his crit chance. A fixer on Full Def with a scope and a good chunk of change in Ranged Init wielding a non-mausser has a very good advantage. But, any fixer before that level is almost certainly toast in PvP. The extent to which Trystar has dominated only has come recently, and perhaps you're a bit bitter that a previously non-PvP class could do as well as they could once they do indeed reach a level of class maturity. Now, from level 35 to level 170 seems a bit of a long time frame to be the pretty close to assuredly the low man on the totem pole.

And, if his dominance is that much of a problem for you, once again the fixer population can give you advice. Do what the fixer does between 35 and 170 and avoid PvP.
    Sometimes, old fixers die in Bitterness.

Re: NPCs in Sablum

Originally posted by NovemberSix
    Yesterday when I was in Perpetual Wastelands defending Sablum. Some omni attacked a red NPC there (the firstname, Lastname type). Well out of 40+ people and Omni Guards there we could NOT kill even 1 of them. It must have had a ton of HP cause these things were just wiping out people left and right and to make things worse a clanner AOE slowed us.

LOL.. that's what happens when FC tries the easy way out. The reason for the increased damage and hp (to the point where they are, judging from your experience, impossible to kill) was that people killed npc for xp, and since they spawned fast and in the same location, it was pretty fast and safe xp. FC dealth with this problem in a totally moronic (yes, that is the only fitting word) way, by making them unbeatble instead of simply removing the xp award.

Way to go!

A tough mob and on of the coolest mobs in the game is the Desert erimites in mort.
    They look like huge centipedes and i mean HUGHE. They hide beneath the ground only to suface to eat you allive.

A tough mob and on of the coolest mobs in the game is the esert erimites in mort.
    They look like huge centipedes and i mean HUGHE. They hide beneath the ground only to suface to eat you allive.

"I tested this outpost today ... (Lvl 19 Adventurer) and for the same reason (had a mission there).

My God ...
    Do they look at where they send you for missions ??
    It was suposed to be an easy one ... "

Mate, same thing happened to me last night. I'm a level 7 soldier who possibly shouldn't have been wandering about near Freedom on his own. So I go to do a mission in that junkyard north of freedom and wham, I'm dead. Didn't even see what it was but I'm guessing that it was the Trash King. Second time I didn't wait to check the area out before entering the mission building.

The things I do for a pair of low tech armour gloves.

BTW this is a really good thread - legends of Anarchy Online, gives a low level player something to chew on.
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

Nutbar, the pictures you have there on the live nude nokken, that's of the Fossegrim isn't it?? Cuz the other picture someone posted of the Nokken showed a mob that was similar, but not quiiite the same. I joined a guided-guild-tour of the areas mentioned, and we killed one Fossegrim (and a lot of those pesky no-brainer braindogs that aggro along with it). But one of the absolute cool things to kill are Enigmas. Enigma Sprout, Enigma Root, Enigma Twig, whatever. Scrounge up a good team with a healer and an engineer, and you can actually earn sick amounts of xp.. 45k for the small Enigma Roots is nice, and it only took a few seconds.. but I wouldn't want to be that bot taking all the hurt!!

DrCam

Out hunting in greater TIr.....

I was out hunting the mantis drones in Greater Tir, and I saw a level 90 agent get his a** handed to him by troth (sp?) the Ancient. He said he hit him for 800, but I looked at its status bar and looked unharmed

DrCam, it's a Nokken for sure.
    here is an uncropped pic with mob name
    Last edited by Nutbar03; Jan 24th, 2002 at 18:50:09.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast