Thread: Guild Housing... PLEASE RESPOND

Red face Guild Housing... PLEASE RESPOND

This topic has been brought up time and again, however as an Org President, I find it detrimental for running a well organized organization. Time and again I am asked by org members do we have a place to meet, where is our hq, and it is rather embaressing to say well AO doesn't provide us a means to meet in a secure private location.

Cz, Developers, and whoever is reviewing these threads, please provide a detailed response as to why this has not been implemented and an ETA to when or if this will be ever done. I think the quality of gaming will increase with this type of housing.

-Baruch

----

Ervin "Baruch" Stritzke
    President of the Bronto Brigade
    www.geocities.com/brontobrigade
    __http://www.anarchy-online.com/character/bio/d/1/name/baruch__
    President - Bronto Brigade

Smile Major bump!

I share the posters concerns. Quality guild housing would also provide opporunities for other badly needed guild features. This issue is also tied to apartment improvements which have been long awaited.

Cz, please dignify this important issue with a response.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Bump.

I'm an officer, not a Leader...but we difeinately could use one official gathering place.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Smile

It's great to see already some responses to my thread.

Here is a little more in depth explination to my "rant"...

With many organizations flooding AO, it should be established with the amount of people in your org (currently around 52 for Bronto Brigade), the type of housing should evolve to suit the needs of the org.

Now I do not know if the overall system can handle it, although it would be nice if there was in game Org-messaging that is more developed than the "/o blah blah blah". In a sense it should consist of "email-like" messaging or bulletin board messaging.

The org housing, should consist of a functioning bank, news terminal, and meeting space. Also it should be more than just a "static room" with nothing to it.

Now there is more ideas that I can throw in, but the basic need of a meeting space is I feel an urgent issue that should be addressed. Anyway for those reading this, would a petition submitted to Cz help in this cause? or is it something really beyond our control?

-Baruch

---
    Ervin "Baruch" Stritzke
    President of the Bronto Brigade
    www.geocities.com/brontobrigade
    __http://www.anarchy-online.com/character/bio/d/1/name/baruch__
    President - Bronto Brigade

People have been harping for this for... at least a year.

The bottom line is. Its not going to happen. Guate said as much, but I off hand cannot remember all his reasons for it. Search the forums and youll find it though.

Regardless of how much we want it, how much was ask for it, or how much it would enhance the playing experience for those in orgs, they arent going to do it. Cause deep down in the FC programming dungeon, THEY know what you want. Better than you do. And thats all your going to get.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

4 things

Guild housing. Personal apartments. Pet pathing. Social armor. All of these are issues that have been beatched about since day one. One of them (pet pathing) is a MAJOR gameplay issue that has somehow been ignored, and another (social armor) was nerfed way back when. Yes, brothers and sisters, there was a time when you could mission in your bikini. And it was very cool to do so.

I guess my point is that all of these issues, while very important to the community, have been set on a cold backburner by our lords and masters at Funcom. I do not understand why it was important to spend valuable coder time programing new chest textures, or adding in ticked-off rollerrats, when our bleeding bots have such an unnatural attraction to furniture and doorjambs (note: as I have pointed out many times before, FC did manage to fix pathing at one time. Then they went and broke it again). Not to mention going to all the trouble to give mobs pets and =then= alter how that so-called feature functioned.

I really want to belive that FC listens to us. But when there's glaring and community-important issues like these that are STILL IN GAME, after more then 14 bloody months, well, I must say its hard to keep the faith.
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

One of them (pet pathing) is a MAJOR gameplay issue that has somehow been ignored

----------

Being unable to solve the problem is not the same as 'ignoring' it. Yes, they know it's a problem. Yes, they've tried to fix it. No, none of Funcom's programers have had a rush of genius to the head to figure out a way to make pets path as though they were as smart as you are.

The issues they 'ignore' are 'minor' ones that would easily be fixed, but they don't bother, like, say, no wartorn valley map. Aegean/Wailing Wastes finally got fixed... but only because they happened to put major content in there, finally, and realized they better fix it. Broken Shores was known to have no map from beta, never was 'important' enough for Funcom to bother to create one map crystal.

They could just do it like apartments, the code is in the game already for the most part, I have to wonder why they don't do it.

Oh and know this, #1 problem at Funcom is communication, they don't talk to us. It seems like they consider the devs too important to talk to about stuff to pass it along to the community. Shouldn't communication be one of the top priorities, I think it should be above everything. If we could just be told somewhere what they are working on, what they consider important, then at least we know they arent ignoring us. Look at all the damage caused by them giving the appearance they are incompetent, lazy, or just plain ignoring us?

Check out this thread:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=77922

Make sense of this quote from Cz

If I'm going to have to involve the designers, I fear I might as well just stop doing these posts, as they're more than busy enough already.
    As if to say, how dare we ask them to waste oh so many hours and hours of their precious time talking to us? I don't even mean individually to each of us, but I don't think its unreasonable for someone like Cz to spend even like 20 minutes a day with some of the devs talking about various HUGELY CRITICIAL issues and reporting back to us. Right now we dont even have that.
    And I get this air of "how dare you even ask".

Do you feel ignored? Maybe it's because they don't frigging TALK TO US.
    Last edited by Ratty; Jan 2nd, 2003 at 00:49:25.

Thumbs up I suggest...

I suggest FC makes one large building for each faction. These buildings should work like apartments, (wouldn't mind if they looked a bit more interesting tho) enter it, and pop, you're in your guilds 'dimension/gs'. If you're teamed with someone outside your guild, let them come along, maybe for official recruiting.

"Hey look what I found! Just watch his clothes lmao"

And be sure to put a bank, save/reclaim there, and possibly a 'tool booth/vendor'

...and do add an exit from grid directly to the guild house

(Fixer grid exit in the couch in front of the official 'Guild-4D-VR-television' please)
    Last edited by Merette; Jan 2nd, 2003 at 12:41:45.

Thumbs up Re:

I second that suggestion
    Malcom Freiman, aka Corz, Clanner RK2

We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.

If you look hard enough, there are many many empty buildings in AO that are superb for Guild housing.

Take the shops in Andromeda far north. There are two available rooms there, one with a centre table lit up by lovely glowing torches with some nice art deco too.

The only downside is that anybody can enter them, but if you choose wisely then you will not be distrubed, you will be suprised how many there are actually out there!

For example, people hold meetings in the big satelite dish in Borealis, when there is a perfectly good arena with seats in clon****, its huge and would suit large meetings down to the ground. and also plenty of guards around for security!

Explore a bit, open your eyes a little more and you will see what i mean..

Hope its helped

Regards Tikon
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Good idea!

I don't really mind that we do not have the option to have our very own org meeting ground. You can find plenty of places around Rubi Ka for that. But an org bank would be awesome. You wouldn't have to hold onto items for other guildies. Just put them in the bank and let the rest of your org check them out.

Originally posted by Tikon
    If you look hard enough, there are many many empty buildings in AO that are superb for Guild housing.
    There are a lot of unused buildings in Camelot, but most of them are too small to house much of a meeting place...

And regarding the apartment features, apartments were never really finished, so though some code is there for them, it isn't really good for anything.
    Last edited by SimGuy; Jan 6th, 2003 at 06:23:50.
    Krillix - Adventurer, Level 144 [main]
    Nalanya - Doctor, Level 120
    Phynexx - Shade, Level 24

I'm not a n00b. I have only a handful of posts because I only post to temporary forums.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    -- Herm Albright