Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bounty on Snarfs Head!

While i agree that the team missions should be working, putting actual players in the mix is not really feasable.

"OK, nano-technician ,Go kill Snarf! He has be harrassing Omni-Tek Employees for Years! He must be terminated."

Great, got myself a new mission to kill Snarf. Good thing is the high level game sucks and he quit 3 weeks ago and hasn't logged since.. See my point? Basing missions on Player driven characters isn't a good idea.

Here's a better Idea.

"hi there nano-technician, We have recieved reports of an out break in Sabulum of rogue clan members. Please eliminate 5 of them dirty rotten no good for nothing people and get cracking! You have 10 hours to complete this mission"

That way all you have to do is to kill 5 unique clan members. This would generate some team PvP tactics and promote it. I don't know, everyone has there own idea's and such.. But opinions are like A$$holes, Everyone has em and most of em stink..

ok

well, just like team missions,
    the foundation for player created missions is already implemented.
    it's just not "on" yet.

im not sure what FC intends to do with this feature of course,
    (obviously it was not finished in time for release)
    but at this point in the game any variation upon the current
    repeatative random generic mission system would be very welcome.

re

Originally posted by Arterous
    While i agree that the team missions should be working, putting actual players in the mix is not really feasable.

"OK, nano-technician ,Go kill Snarf! He has be harrassing Omni-Tek Employees for Years! He must be terminated."

Great, got myself a new mission to kill Snarf. Good thing is the high level game sucks and he quit 3 weeks ago and hasn't logged since.. See my point? Basing missions on Player driven characters isn't a good idea.

Here's a better Idea.

"hi there nano-technician, We have recieved reports of an out break in Sabulum of rogue clan members. Please eliminate 5 of them dirty rotten no good for nothing people and get cracking! You have 10 hours to complete this mission"

That way all you have to do is to kill 5 unique clan members. This would generate some team PvP tactics and promote it. I don't know, everyone has there own idea's and such.. But opinions are like A$$holes, Everyone has em and most of em stink..

Well, first off if it was instituted .. you could easly set a timer on the mission which would kill it after so long.

If people want to take out bounty's on inactive players, that's up to them.

Secondly, if the player didnt' want to accept that mission, it would be as easy as generating more missions.

I still think it's an excellent idea, and wouldnt' cause any issues if they coded it properly.

Didn't say it wasn't a good idea, just said it wasn't feasible. What they need to do instead is have more GM invovled events.

Maybe have an extreme loyalist to Omni and we can go on hunting parties for clan members or something.

That gets my vote.. Less automated mission types and more "human" GM involvement.

re

Either way!

Snarf is still at Large, the 5 Million credits is still up for grabs!

Originally posted by Arterous
    Didn't say it wasn't a good idea, just said it wasn't feasible. What they need to do instead is have more GM invovled events.

That gets my vote.. Less automated mission types and more "human" GM involvement.
    So how does this give players more influence over the game?
    We were told we would have control over our world and events.
    Have you ever been to one of the monthy GM-held events?
    The lag.. the crashing...

Obviously FC does not have the resources to have employees
    missioning with players all day long, everyday, whenever each
    player feels like playing. The only option is to give players this
    ability. I am always looking out for ways ideas could be
    exploited or used to grief, but I dont see how player created
    assasination missions could add any exploits/griefing that isn't
    already possible. And I think a player can be just as creative
    as a GM, even if he doesnt have the same tools available to
    auto-spawn mobs etc.

re

Sure, People will kill Snarf over and over for free.

But the second you offer 5 Million credits for a few screenshots no one can do it?

heheheh

Snarf!!.. You hiding man or what?

Snarf...

He left, or told us he did.

One day about 4 days back, he logged on, said "I'm going away for a few months." and logged. I've seen him online for about 5 minutes total since.

Hope he comes back tho...

re

Snarf is here!! .. He's hiding!

The 5 Million credits is still up for grabs, Snarf will die!!!

Player generated missions would be cool as hell!

Imagine this mission:

"Up yours Soldier, my name is vandame and i am the badest l33t mutah ever. I laugh at you! You are worthless and weak, you are no match for my mad skillz. Come down to meetmedere so i can humiliate you and your mamma!
    Think you got what it takes to kill me PUNK?

You will recieve 500k and 0 exp for this mission.

re

Hey Snarf!!

http://teknohe.tripod.com/files/Snarf1.jpg (Copy/paste into a new browser window to view)

Ouch buddy! ... People are getting close to getting that 5 Million bounty on your head!!

If that person had the two proper screenshots it would be all over!!!
    Last edited by Ymodem-G; Feb 1st, 2002 at 19:25:37.

Maybe they should clarify that the 3 ACES and 2 veterans got me I'm starting to have way too many AE deaths.

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

way to go and make me look bad!

ya jerk!!!!

(last time I believe the scuttlebutt offa the clan leaders)

Hmmm

OK I'm curious, what has Snarf done that he gets all this infamy?
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Talking

My good looks? :B
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

I think it's your bad breath...
    Fatal Halcyon
    Amoth
    No guild, no longer playing until (if ever) things change for the good.

Post Whats he done?

Fact: Snarf kill's people well below his level for fun while they are trying to get exp.

Fact: This discourages people from playing the game.

Fact: Said individual repeats actions and runs when players his level come to meet his "would be" challenge.

Fact: Said individual has done this to members of my orginization, one of them 3 nights in 1 week totalling over 4M exp lost by someone below level 105. Thus this person has quit AO and canceled their account.

Fact: Snarf is on my gank list, meaning sometime when he doesn't expect it, he will zone and I will be there with a full auto and an MP capable of shutting him down for the forseeable future.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, it's white. See you real soon Smurfy.

Argulace
    President
    Mercenaries of Kai
    164 - OT Fixer

"Don't sing it, bring it"

Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Laeni
    OK I'm curious, what has Snarf done that he gets all this infamy?

Let's just chalk it up to "Crimes against Omni"

Re: Whats he done?

Originally posted by Argulace_MoK
    Fact: Snarf kill's people well below his level for fun while they are trying to get exp.

Fact: This discourages people from playing the game.

Fact: Said individual repeats actions and runs when players his level come to meet his "would be" challenge.

Fact: Said individual has done this to members of my orginization, one of them 3 nights in 1 week totalling over 4M exp lost by someone below level 105. Thus this person has quit AO and canceled their account.

Fact: Snarf is on my gank list, meaning sometime when he doesn't expect it, he will zone and I will be there with a full auto and an MP capable of shutting him down for the forseeable future.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, it's white. See you real soon Smurfy.

Argulace
    President
    Mercenaries of Kai
    164 - OT Fixer

"Don't sing it, bring it"
    At his level how many people are there to kill?
    What are the odds of him finding them?

Just a question!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast