Thread: Back and disappointed?

Unhappy Back and disappointed?

Hey guys,

I recently returned to AO hearing from a friend that it has improved significantly. To Funcom's credit the game really has improved in terms of the amount of bugs that exist as opposed to those I experienced for a few months after Beta 4 and the beta retail release.

However I am quite sad that missions have remained in their dismal state. By that I mean I actually feel like im doing 'work' rather than having 'fun'. The cave mission format is a disgrace to design skills and yet it seems to still exist after all the time I have been away.

Unfortunately it seems missions are the primary source of credit, which I lack. I am just wondering if I am missing something here... I see alot of people on this forum stating that AO is best MMORPG on the market currently.. Perhaps I am missing out on a new aspect of AO's gameplay??

I do appreciate the games complexity in terms of the effort required to maximise what your character can do at any point in time. However I feel that if the core of the game is not fun. i.e., what happens in real time (mob killing/missions), then there is no motivation to expend time trying to appreciate the games other intricacies ie (character planning/implants).

I dont really intend this to be swipe at AO. It is basically just trying to clarify whether there are any plans to improve gameplay in the future as opposed to adding things like nightclubs and cool looking items? If Funcom consider the game's mechanics complete I may as well finish up here and move on.

Have fun peeps

Cheers

Sums up the gameplay of most MMORPGs out there. Some do PvP better, some do tradeskills better, some do the RP aspect better. Take your pick...

There are one or two on the horizon that take a different tack mind you.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I believe that major revamping of missions is a top priority for the next patch.

I was going to link you where I read this, but I couldn't find it. So at this point I guess I am just starting rumors based on fuzzy memories.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

I know mission layouts will get a bit of a revamp (was stated somewhere yes...), along the lines of what they did to the brown cave layouts a while back. if they do more than that, I'll be surprised (pleasantly though...)
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Of all the MMORPG's Ive tried AO is the best one..at the moment. And believe me, Ive looked into other possibilities. Still there is much to be done with this game...things which should have been done a long time ago, i.e. Org buildings, apartment and housing improvements and the like.
    -Sardunos-
    Nano-Technician

Squad Commander: The Forsaken

-Rotempiel-
    Shade
    (lvl 4)