Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP Title change

Post PvP Title change

How about making PvP titles called something different.. Im tired of crap like Rookie or Apprentice or Novice etc... WTF is up with those titles? How bout something a little more menacing sounding. Its like, you PvP and start earning titles that make you sound like a green newb.
    I can see Freshman being the first, but after that they need to change to something more fearsome sounding or something.. Not:

Ooo, new title, now im a Rookie. Ooo, now Im an Apprentice.. I hope to be Novice soon.. lol huh?? Wow, that guy is a NEOPHYTE **** how nasty sounding that guy is.. yeah, right..

What about

Freshman
    Novice
    Skilled
    Expert
    Veteran
    Ace
    Godly

Or something, just different than it is.. I know this is no big deal, but was just wondering why they give newb names to PvP titles..
    Sorzella 173 NonoHPmage Assassin NT
    Advisor to Izgimmers Legacy
    /me reloads her Caterwaul
    /say No you may not have UA/TTS! However can I interest you in this fine Humidity Extractor?
    On a long enough timeline the survival rate of everyone drops to zero...

I like the titles. Every time I've been in a tower battle, it's always the titled people that run away. That gives those of us without a title an edge.

Or how about:

Gimp
    Ganker
    Griefer
    Twink
    Sploiter
    Share Cropper
    Farmer
    Last edited by Xolus; Dec 29th, 2002 at 04:31:52.

Originally posted by Teras Kasi
    I like the titles. Every time I've been in a tower battle, it's always the titled people that run away. That gives those of us without a title an edge.
    Yep, that's why I don't like them, people lose focus on the task and focus too much on the worthless bit of baggage above their head.

Re: PvP Title change

Originally posted by Sorzella
    ...I know this is no big deal..

How true.

Originally posted by smotheredhope
    Or how about:

Gimp
    Ganker
    Griefer
    Twink
    Sploiter
    Share Cropper
    Farmer
    LOL, i like this one

or just remove it and do something like in daoc where you get some special skills if you got nuff kill points...

/Frost
    Filthgrinder, Soldier Of Legion[size=0.1]
    <<<¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤(O)¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤>>>[/size]
    Do you belive?
    Which Personality Disorder Do I Have?
    My type is: KAE.
    Killer 93% - Achiever 66% - Explorer 26% - Socializer 13%
    <<<¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤(O)¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤>>>

Account Created : 2001-06-27 13:42:4

Last edited by Poppyfex; Jan 6th, 2003 at 17:49:53.

not directed to anyone specific, however..

it's pretty funny how "titles are meaning less...i don't care about titles.wahhwahh etc"... but yet, people whine and complain about them in threads all the ****ing time.

give it a ****ing break.

you don't like titles? then shut the **** up and don't pvp

titles do have meaning...perhaps if you stupid ****ing ignorant people would stop saying "oh well he's experienced.. he farmed it"...titles wouldn't have such a bad rap as they do now

give it a ****ing rest you goddamn whiners

Yep Sead,

You can always tell who either sux royally at any form of pvp, or the people who are scared of any confrontation from something other than programmed AI, bad at that..

PS you carebears, The open PvP level limit has been moved up to 150, you are safe now from the "Gankers" in tower battles. And yes, titles mean something on most people now.,. There are still a few of the grandfathered ganker/sploiters around with thier old titles, but they are much fewer..

Instead of bagging on what your so afraid of (like most of the human population does with anything) why dont you try expanding your horizons and play the game like it is and stop hiding from pvp.. This is a war game you know..

Thanks

PS to the "PvP is the cancer of the game" guy.. You crack me up.. Just WTF did you think you were playing here??? Why dont you go play the SIMS online or something.. You might have more fun.
    Sorzella 173 NonoHPmage Assassin NT
    Advisor to Izgimmers Legacy
    /me reloads her Caterwaul
    /say No you may not have UA/TTS! However can I interest you in this fine Humidity Extractor?
    On a long enough timeline the survival rate of everyone drops to zero...

Originally posted by loomus
    Pvp is the cancer of this game
    what part on both boxes that ao is sold in do you not understamd?

the game is a battle epic

besides...

you can play this game from 1-200 with out ever having pvp'ed.
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

I am not anti pvp if any of those nitwit flames were directed my way. I pvp actively. But I'll stand by my pvp ranking system as this is how most people got their titles at the respective ranks. You can't bull#$#@ me, I know what I'm talking about as I have pvp'd at high levels and low levels. Almost anyone with a title above apprentice has farmed or is a title hugger.

Edit: Oh, by the way. There were two level one MASTERS. They farmed that level. And there are title protection pvp exploits still in the game wich I won't detail that can prevent you from ever losing points. So titles don't mean anything other than you picked your fights well and have good equipment for your level.

I pvp alot but have never had more than rookie as I will fight anyone that I have the least bit of a chance against. This IS a pvp game. This IS NOT a balanced pvp game.
    Last edited by Xolus; Dec 30th, 2002 at 03:45:35.

Originally posted by loomus
    Pvp is the cancer of this game

OMFxG dude!
    Get ur ass in the arena, its fun

Originally posted by smotheredhope
    Or how about:

Gimp
    Ganker
    Griefer
    Twink
    Sploiter
    Share Cropper
    Farmer
    hahah bump to that

make the last 1 have a name before and end

Grand Farmer Wal The Ganking Griefer
    Last edited by Wal; Dec 30th, 2002 at 04:12:16.
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Ok I'll support the original thread, I'd rather be "skilled" than "apprentice", but if I had any real choice, I'd take Wal's title any day.

"Real kinky ganking farming griefing sploiting grand master of title hugging Ityn"

I guess I think it would be better if they were gone for the sake of mass PVP. I don't do the arena, and I can see the appeal of them to the arena crowd. The arena is not a place for an upwardly mobile Crat.

A while back somone had a decent idea for PVP stats, list of your kills, list of people who killed you and an overall ranking, this info would be avaliable at the AO site. To me this makes much more sense than titles, and even though I do fine in PVP, I still think titles are worthless, and I never consider the skill of a player in relation to their title. When I had no title, I droped a few neos, they go down just like everyone else.

So in short, I don't really care if titles are gone, stay the same or are changed, but I'd like to see some stats.

Titles mean one thing to me, your kill ratio VS your death ratio. When I see a freshaman in Cam, I know this guy is an easy kill, even if hes a Doc or Trader. That guy got no PvP knowledge at all. Hes probly the kind of guy who jump on other ppl just after rezzing. When I target a player and I see his title, I know automaticly what kind of fight Im gonna have most of the time. Non-titled and Freshman usually have no idea what do to when theya re losing a fight, they dont know where to go, how to react, how to act with debuff. Most of them die and they are the first who end up at reclaim. Rookies and App usually know what they are doing and wont do action before thinking twice, they also know their nemesis and what they can kill. Novice and Neo are usually players who are hard to kill, and they kill alot, when I attack one of those guys, I know that my chance of killing him is very low unless hes being highly outnumbered. They also know how mass PvP work for them and their proffession.
    To get back on topic, some of the title should be changed but not all of them. Beyond Apprentice your title should mean something else 'newbie'. To reach Novice and Neo you need to kill a truckload of people and pvp alot so FC should change them like that:

Freshman
    Rookie
    Apprentice
    Experienced
    Veteran
    Expert
    Master
    Grandmaster
    Custom Rank

Again we are speaking as if skill has anything to do with it. It's gear man, gear we are talking about. anyone with the same gear and the same class is about the same in pvp. Unless we are talking total newb lowbie pvp.

Do you play on RK1? If you do, can you tell me the character you play with when you PvP? The only gear that matters in mass PvP is stuff like EQB I think..

since we were talking titles I assumed we were talking duels. Mass pvp is more about how many agents and soldiers you have ready to alpha those who don't get thrown to zone borders because of croud control.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast