Unhappy MP screwed in NW

My MP is level 132.

nanomage
    implants are 178 highest (yes I know could be better) but mostly 150-160
    I have Neleb robe (soloed to get)
    a ql 51 pillow
    a ql 50 metapsyhic guardian

So you can see I am hardly twinked

I can self cast Curem (169) and a fiend (191)

My healer I have been self casting for about 10 levels.

Along comes Notum Wars and new Pvp rules. I never tried to Pvp before but with NW it looked like it might be more interesting.
    I realized that I would likely die if anybody realized I was there with my pets but thought I would try it anyways.

Was defending a ql 150 tower will within my range for Pvp.

Sent my pet to attack a player lvl 196. Pet was attacked back. Send healer to heal my hunter. Pet refused cause of new Pvp rules. The player 196 attacked me, ignoring my hunter (Pvp range for him was opened cause my hunter is 191). Ok I expected that. Told my healer to heal me. Of course my healer refused cause of new Pvp rules. After Rezzed went to test this out found a ql 127 tower (as close to my level as possible) Hunter will not attack it cause the tower is outside the hunter's Pvp range). Healer will not heal me or Hunter.

So as gimpy as I am my pets are still to high to follow my orders in combat. If I summon a ql 145 or higher pet any lvl 200 player can attack me. MP and their pets are hardly great damage dealers any ways and the Healer are slow for healing too.

I would send this to support but as Funcom does not even acknowledge my last to emails to support I figure that is a waste of time. Instead I will post this around the forum, maybe somebody for Funcom might read it and a miracle happen and they will reply

But there is some good news SWG will be released in 15th april and my subscription to AO expires in March.
    Asal
    Doctor
    Appartment 5 Tir
    Proud member of Rubi-ka2
    http://www.guildportal.com/guildHome.asp?GuildID=1117

SWG is going to be 100% balanced and bug-free on launch, not like the half-finished EQ expansions... mmmmm can't wait

Originally posted by cold
    SWG is going to be 100% balanced and bug-free on launch, not like the half-finished EQ expansions... mmmmm can't wait
    ...and the moon is made of cheese, the sun isn't really any bigger than a coin.

oh! and pigs can fly too!

oh, wait. you were beeing sarcastic? Sorry, my bad.

I do not believe SWG it will be bug free or balanced. That is not my issuse with FC. It is the fact I send two email to FC in early decembder and never even recieved an acknowledge that they reciieved them as FC used to send out. There is many problem with AO and there will be problems with SWG. FC is to busy interested in getting 100% balance (which will never happen in any game) to deliver what they promised over a year ago. My DOc is a gimp in Pvp and I do not care. My MP cannot do Pvp and I do not care. If I wanted to Pvp I would play some thing else. I want a roleplaying game. I want guild housing. I want Fc to worry less about Pvp and more about Roleplaying. I want FC to reply to the emails I send to support almost a month ago.
    Asal
    Doctor
    Appartment 5 Tir
    Proud member of Rubi-ka2

My PvP experience is limited, but I have also had the same problems with my MP pets. The PvP level should be based on the player's level not the pet's. After all, if I get attacked by a level 75 soldier with a ql125 gun, he can still attack me. I, a 77MP, should be able to attack him with a level 125 pet.

As for SWG: It may not be bug free and perfectly balanced, but if it's half as good as it sounds I think it'll still be great and my droid might even be able to navigate a table or doorway.
    Last edited by Rhynoman; Dec 29th, 2002 at 01:23:55.

I wouldn't sit around in my Jabba The Hut underoos expecting a perfect game when swg launches. All reports from beta testers and game reviewers say swg is a pretty game with some of the worst interface and control issues ever.

How many companies have you ever written for customer support through email? How many software companies in general? Funcom is the only company that ever even bothered to reply to one of mine. Perhaps you worded your email in such a way as to be placed into the hostile mail folder (wastebasket)

Anyway, only a few classes enjoy pvp at towers. and only when the lag isn't at it's worst. I like my clans tower bonuses. But the servers can't handle the lag generated by tower battles.

Pvp will be unbalanced in an MMORPG no matter what unless there is only one character class.

But I do aggree, pet classes probably have it the worst in this game. Even if pathing is fixed you'll still fall victim to server synch issues wich effect pet commands as much as they do nukes. I can only suggest not playing pet proffesions. If you do want to pvp with your mp your not prepared for it in the least. Level 160 is the soonest I would pvp with an mp.

Well, enjoy SWG I'm sure it will be as bad as the movies.
    Last edited by Xolus; Dec 29th, 2002 at 04:24:45.

Worst interface and control issues? Good thing it's still in beta then.
    I haven't asked for a perfect game. That's why I can enjoy AO so much. And haven't lost my sanity playing an MP.

(Not a flame, just friendly sarcasm.)

pvp is the cancer of this game

a WAR game SHOULD be balenced towards pvp not pvm

xxxxxxxxEND OF SUBJECTxxxxxxxx

hum

quote :

Sent my pet to attack a player lvl 196. Pet was attacked back. Send healer to heal my hunter. Pet refused cause of new Pvp rules. The player 196 attacked me, ignoring my hunter (Pvp range for him was opened cause my hunter is 191).

/quote

So you are saying you should be able to attack lvl 196 players without him beeing able to fight you? Or Simply that you should not be able to attack this guy at all?

im all for the healpet getting fixed though. But low lvls sending their pets at highlvls without a chance of getting attacked would be pretty fun
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
    It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
    The hands acquire shaking,
    the shaking becomes a warning,
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

The pet ower and pet should be in the same Pvp range
    Asal
    Doctor
    Appartment 5 Tir
    Proud member of Rubi-ka2

Question

okay, i read the first 3 or 4 post (btw the moon really is made of cheeese, the aastronughts just coverd it up) and i was wondering somthing. When i did my first tower fight, we were attacking an omni tower in NLD, i was lvl 52 at the time, and my hunter was lvl 67 or so. I casted my pet, blah blah blah, and i went into battle, foud out i couldnt buff my attack pet (totally sucks ) and i attacked some omni (since im sure some of you are omn i wont say anything bad). Anyway i got attacked by some lvl 67 soldire, wich seemd normal, but i couldnt attack a lvl 70 guy, and the tower was ql 45, but my pet still attacked it. I did see how ever, tha at first my healer wouldnt heal, so i termated it and recasted, it did, but i coulndt heal anyone eles.

K with that out of the way, i was wondering. Why is it that (k let me explain first) i get attacked by a tower, yeah im in a guild, and i accidentaly shoot back (stupid auto attack), i get flaged. But i see others IN GUILDS not getting flaged or anything. strange isnt it? yeha i was gone for a month wich included the NW starting so maybe i missed something, but its just strange. BTW, when your rezzing, u should be able to get attacked if your flaged..
    Yes i live in alaska, No i dont live in an igloo, yes i have cable!

Originally posted by Asal
    I do not believe SWG it will be bug free or balanced. That is not my issuse with FC. It is the fact I send two email to FC in early decembder and never even recieved an acknowledge that they reciieved them as FC used to send out.

You're gonna love Sony's customer service

Originally posted by cold

I think we all doubt that, But I DONT doubt that it will be better than this game we all keep playing cause there isnt anything better out there. Eventually something has to set the new bar though.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Question

Originally posted by p0is0n
    a WAR game SHOULD be balenced towards pvp not pvm

xxxxxxxxEND OF SUBJECTxxxxxxxx
    When did AO became a war game? I tough it was supposed to be a roleplaying game? Even a massiv multiplayer one.
    Once a gimp, always a gimp

Originally posted by smotheredhope
    I wouldn't sit around in my Jabba The Hut underoos expecting a perfect game when swg launches. All reports from beta testers and game reviewers say swg is a pretty game with some of the worst interface and control issues ever.

Well, enjoy SWG I'm sure it will be as bad as the movies.

First of all, the movies were the best movies ever made. And if you DONT agree with my opinion on this one, then your opinion doesnt matter.

Secondly.

and your saying AO has a good interface? Its TERRIBLE.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

LOL on the SW series being good movies. A loosely strung together series of special effects does not a movie make. I know you were kidding on that one.

Try out a few other MMORPG's interfaces. AO's will seem as clean as an ID game in comparison.

Bunch of crap Asal....cant be much hardly twinked. at lvl 132 u should by many lvls beeing able to use cacodemon.
    better do yer implants all over
    MrHaga the sexyest MP
    = Tranquility =
    Servers first 220 MP
    Servers first AI 30 MP
    Damn you Fryli!

Originally posted by RealGunslinger

When did AO became a war game? I tough it was supposed to be a roleplaying game? Even a massiv multiplayer one.
    Sinse i read an article in PC-Gamer, where there was a comment made by a FC PR guy, who stated it was a game pvp orentated (because of the war taking place..)

And even if she could cast Cacodemon, it wouldnt do no good because at her level she is outside the pvp range of a lvl 200, the pet is lvl200, meaning it wouldnt respond to her commands..

In pvp MP's were strongest right after being able to cast mochams, this now makes us as weak as in the high end game..

Why play a MP?? to buff you guys so you have fun? pfft!
    Last edited by Alpherah!; Dec 30th, 2002 at 19:48:51.

Closing this one due to cross posting in several forums.