Thread: lag, black doors, warping and rubberbanding.

lag, black doors, warping and rubberbanding.

Black doors has been a long known problem, which was said to be fixed recently. The black doors has been less and rarer, but the fix brought with it some other things instead.

Massive rubberbanding and lag.

Before I say anything else, let me say this. I'm no whiner. Those who has read my posts before know that. But now I feel I got to vent a little.

I'm just done with a teammission, and it was a terrible experience. I think it's the worst experience I've had in AO ever. Even counting the disconnections during 11.0.

What happened?
    When gridding to the mission area, the grid disconnected some of us when trying to enter it. That has happened alot lately. Never had that kind of problems before, though I've heard about some friends experiencing that.

Anyway, we got inside the mission, buffed up and begun our jurney. Attacking begun, and the infamous rubberbands made us run through the same rooms over and over and over again all the time. Most of the other people in the team had the same issues I had. Then lag hit us. Combat was initiated, but nothing else happened. We could move about to a certain degree, but unable toa ctually DO anything. No specials, no nanocasting, no sitting down, no nothing. The fact that the whole team said "lag" in the chat told me that this is not a local issue. If it were, it should theoretically not be possible to happen to six people at the same time, several times.

Also, there is the mob warping. I think that is linked with the rubberbands. But when mobs rubberbands around we tend to call it warping, which is basically the same thing.

I am sorry to say that I am ashamed of playing this.
    Today AO has been completely unplayable for me. Part of our team logged out during the mission because it was simply too annoying, too much lag, too much troggpancherous stuff going on. The rest of us was determined to at least finish.

When done, we got the old "grid out of here" routine. And guess what happened when I tried to zone..... YUP! Disconnected.

*sigh*

I like playing AO. I really do. But today has been nothing but a bad experience. I cannot play under these conditions.

- no, I'm not cancelling anything. Just need to vent a little.
    Thanks for reading, and also thanks for posting your thought below.

- Skybert

GM said dev team working on it.

which translates to...

They dont know what the hell to do, or dont care.

skybert quit whining and get over it!

:P