Thread: Guild thief... literally.

Guild thief... literally.

This is a duped post made to reach as many as possible. Please post any and all replies to the one on "Organizations (Atlantean)".

As you may have heard, WebMD, during the middle of the night, ran a kick script and kicked everyone out of the guild, took our web site, and destroyed our towers. He, then, established "The Obsidian Order" to mimic the name of the real guild "Obsidian Order".

He did this because he, personally, didn't like the way Opulent lead the guild. He came out of nowhere one day and said that he'd rather have a 'democratic' guild. This was after he asked Opulent if he'd step down as president. Opulent didn't like that idea. Opulent posted to the forums asking us (the leaders) to vote on who should become president. We all voted for Opulent to stay president.

At any rate, all the leaders, including myself, voted to have Opulent stay as president. One of the main reasons for our decision was because Web has a problem dealing with anger and he has a problem with respecting people. It was almost everyday that I got a complaint from a guild member about Web.

Unfortunately, Opulent and he are friends IRL. Opulent felt he couldn't demote or kick Web from the guild... so Web stayed with us. I've been in situations like that before and I know it was hard on Op.

We woke up today to find our guild in shreds. All because... Web didn't like the fact that none of us wanted him as president. He took what wasn't his. He could have started his own guild and led it the way he felt it should be led but instead... he destroyed our bases, our site, and our guild.

The one positive aspect to this all is that we've now removed all the inactives that Web randomly invited while he sat at BB in Ent. Despite my efforts to get him to stop the inviting, he continued until we were 680+ full of inactives.

So what now? I'm not sure. I'm still kind of in shock but I had to make a post about it seeing as how the message on the first page of our web site is full of lies. If he truly believes any of the BS then he's got a few screws loose. Fact is, no matter what ,no one wanted him as President. Opulent said he'd step down if one of us wanted to run. We all responded with "No we'd rather have you as president." IE we don't want to take your spot, we don't want web to take your spot. So Op went in accordance with our requests and remained as President.

What happens now remains to be seen. Web is pretty good at doing random invites so I am sure he'll, at least, be able to get all the clueless, newbs, and alts into his guild. I doubt, though, that after this display, anyone worth their salt will ever join his guild. Word will always eventually get around to the recruits that "The Obsidan Order" is lead by the lowest of low. A guild thief - literaly.

Heh, I knew Web was a trial... but he never once appeared to me as someone who'd take a guild that wasn't his. Or to run kick scripts or what not. Just goes to show that you never really know anyone. I didn't know Web until we told him "No, we don't want you as president, you're on KoS lists, for pete's sake."

JoanofKahlan / Basilica / Fixlica / Joankahza / Joaness
    Band of Brothers

"There are four chief obstacles in grasping truth ... namely, submission to faulty and unworthy authority, influence of custom, popular prejudice,and the concealment of our own ignorance accompanied by an ostentatious display of our knowledge." --Roger Bacon

Karma is a nasty thing...

I am truly sorry this happened to your guild. Hope you can work something out for yourselves. However, like I said, Karma sometimes comes back to haunt you.
    KylSawz ..:: Lvl 216 Atrox Adv ::..
    General for Lost Chapter

This is truly a sad story.

Condolences to those trying to pick up the pieces.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Question. How did Web kick everyone and destroy the guild? As a general can he do that?

Well

If you payed attention to his random post, you couldve felt he needed a shrink really bad, now its just obvious
    Funny how people forget this is just a game
    Infamine 200 soljah

sometimes, this can actually be a good thing for a guild, aside from all of the desruction of websites and towers, but if you kick everyone out of the guild, and reinvite those that want to come back, you can form really quite a strong guild.

but this is a dark day for orgs, Web had no right to go about doing this. my respect is with those of you trying to reform the guild

Guess why we booted him from Trinity way back? :P

Full story can be found on this thread:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=85333
    Main Khaitlene - Omni Keeper - RK1
    Khaitlsmule - Omni Engie - RK1
    Galaxia - Retired NT - RIP

Proud Member of the Obsidian Order. We're recruiting!

He ran a kick script. He was able to kick everyone but the UC's SC's and fellow generals. Thats all that was left. We have gotten most of them back. Also he destoyed the controllers and took those as well.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Bang out of order. People like that need a good slap.

When you get things sorted, I'll help with any fights that need fighting to get back a tower or two... a few of our guild will be up for it too no doubt.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Hate to say i told you so. The day after I motioned against him to have him booted from Trinity ( which passed with like 19 votes from pres/advisors/sponsors/etc ) I told opulent to be weary of him.

He did the same disbanding thing to Trinity-lite (Trinity's sub 150 guild) as well soif anyone actully picks him into a guild, i'd keep him on a VERY short leesh
    Mick "Nugget" McMullet - Level 220 - AL 16

Webmaster of AO Soldiers

"There are other things in my life I need to take care of (I can mention food, sleep, latex... uhm, no, wait!)" - Cz woot!

Although this does bite the big one... I still don't get how it happened? I recently tried to clean up a few inactives out of our guild's roster, but learned that Advisors can't kick anyone... even applicants. Only the prez can do that, and only the prez can disband the guild.

Did a script somehow allow him to bypass this? If so, isn't it some kind of exploit? Or perhaps the guild structures are set up in some way that I wasn't aware... can generals kick applicants? I'm an advisor, and I know for a fact that I can't.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

lol even tho its messed up i would shed tears laughing if i saw this happen it shows how much ppl are into this game all you have to do is recreate the guild no biggy

it is a biggy windbane cause rebuilding a base can cost 200-300M for the guild plus having to get the land back..
    very sad for you Joan
    hope you get the guild back together..)

thought only the president can kick without targeting someone.....'

is this not true then?