Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Obsidian Order and... The Obsidian Order

Bump to this with my support. If you need funding, I will personally FP Fixer for as long as it takes and blitz until I get a planet's worth of credits for OO to buy towers.

This is perhaps worse than ANY gank in the history of AO.

Originally posted by Nealandbob
    As with the conversation I had with Joan earlier tonight.........

I will endevor to gather as many @lvl100 Neutrals as possible to help OO recover your lvl100 base. I don't care that Omni-Pol now owns it(just found that out now, reading here again), it should go back to OO. That's only what is right and fair. I suppose it's no big secret that I don't hold much love for Meister........but that's irrelevant here.

If OO desires their lvl100 base back, they shall have it. Opulent, LT, or Joan......let me know please
    Would be nice, but i doubt we will be declaring war on any omni org aside from TOO. Would have to get word from Opulent on this one tho. His decision, whichever it may be i stand behind it.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

*just got back from vacation*

I'll send you a tell when I get home LT, so I can join the real OO again. When I first logged back in an noticed there was no guild name below my names, I thought "wtf?", and checked the MSN guild site, seeing alot of incoherent talk about some major fuss.

Then I asked an OO member in-game, and was redirected here.

Jesus Christ! We lost ~175 towers just because Web threw a fit. I mean, what the hell is this?

*fumes*

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Re: Piece of ***

Originally posted by Softtouch
    I have beccome disgusted with FC, Cozmik, and all the other lamers working for this company BECAUSE they fail to answer to us about this kind of problem with and official statement. "They" have mentioned that we should be very careul in choosing the Presidents of our guilds. It has been stated VERY clearly by Obsidian Order advisors that they chose Opulent to be their leader. Obsidian Order did not lose their bases and their guild because of lamer sitting in as president. They lost all that they had because of a "skrip kiddie". It may not be what you call leet hacking, but it is HACKING! I believe that in the CoC there is some reference made about toying with the game like this. FC! Say something officially about this now, ban WebMD and take measures to prevent it from happening in the future. My patience with your BS is wearing thin! I know, you could care less about the satisfaction of one customer.

WebMD, you better start sending petitions because I will be sending you tells everyday. I will be reminding you what a piece of **** you are. My personal feel on this situation is that Opulent didn't satisfy your mother so you took it out on the Obsidian Order guild and OT as a whole.

Opulent and Lordtritoch, I will be at your service and will collect as many +150 Neutrals as I can to harass this piece of **** as much as you need.

Unfortunately he was given the rank within the guild to do such a thing...

Although as di****able his actions were, he did nothing that goes against the rules of this game...

Harassment on the other hand is against the rules...

Oh... And...

Good luck to OO on their recovery...
    Looks like it's going well...

Hmmm... guess I should start reading the organizations forums more... anyway:

I hereby vow to hunt and kill WebMD whenever he is spotted in a 5% or less zone.
    I also vow to never give or ask WebMD for anything.
    My last vow will be to ignore all statements made by WebMD and to do all in my power to ensure that no one else will be affected by his childish, foolish, <insert negative adjective here, here and here> behaviour.

Oh, and I'm adding a line to my signature pointing to this thread to start honouring my 3rd vow.
    Ward "Wisewise" Kenley.
    Enlightened Omni-Tek employee and pistolero in the proud service of Omni-Pol.

Again, thanks for the support. =)

Seems web has 1 or 2 newbs backing him. Way to go web!

Account Created

Account Status:
    Open

That is sad news

well Webmd there is no way you can justify what you did, you had a few other honourable options.

1. leave and create your own org.

2. continue to debate your issues in your org

3. leave and be rid of org politics forever and go solo

instead you did one of the most disonourable, di****able things possible.

OO if there is any way I can help send me a tell in game, and I am happy to see you guys in strength already
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

As someone said in org chat:

"What doesnt kill us only makes us stronger."

Account Created

Account Status:
    Open

Originally posted by Nugget

please tell me your kidding right?

and if your not... tell us how long you were laughing for.
    heh no as Arg said it took ~0.00000000001 ms to think the situation all over and delete the apply. He already had such a bad reputation in the past from his ex guilds, and his general behavior in teams, that the apply wouldnt have ended up another way, but maybe we would have think about only like ~0.00000001 ms instead :D
    But right now, hes like the iceberg you want to make a titanic out of your guild even renamed Theman2 the clan wouldnt take him (even Storm :p), maybe have a go with random guild of person X and his 5 toons but im not quite sure :)~

Btw, stuff that nothing to do with the subject, nugget send me a tell i got very good news from agro and the east camp gang :D
    Infamine 200 soljah

Its funny... when the boot script was run, WebMD told anyone who messaged the complete story. Oh, except he replaced all incidents of HIS name with Opulents... and the other generals weren't online to confirm or deny his accusations. I was on, and I helped WebMD in the noble work of "rebuiling the guild from the turd dictator Opulent".

Right.

Well, my apologies to any OO member I ended up suckering into the ranks of the False. I have since quit WebMD's little kindergarden and rejoined the guild proper.

I only hope it's enough, though I fear it isn't.
    They're like rats. But bigger. And with death rays

Originally posted by Lord Tritoch
    Thank you for your support. /me points and laughs at WebMD.

I have gotten tells from supportors of yours in TOO. THey call me an ass, and say how im this and that, going along with your propaganda. Well, good job webbie. Their downfall as well as yours. Got a few more tonight from ya web. But guess what, i think i have squeezed the org dry of the OO. You are now left with incompetence. Because if they read this post, then they would not be on your side.

pfft lamer.
    I imagine these alts names were "touchmyguns" and "carbonum"? :P

HEy web, I thought you were orderly, but now I think you're just a losery peice of reet poo.
    Cross into the blue.

Originally posted by Aerinheart
    I only hope it's enough, though I fear it isn't.
    There are absolutly no hard feelings in this matter whatsoever.

You did what i would have done in this case, i think you made a decision on the information provided. Sorry i was not on to confirm/deny, but glad you are back in the ranks. =)

Account Created

Account Status:
    Open

To the members of TOO:

Meet my ignore list.

Im tired of hearing you yell "web had an operation" "web was told to kick over 600 people" "Web asked people, and they yelled at him" etc etc. Oh please. He didnt have a brain operation...yet.

Im soooooooooooo sorry that i want to have "fun" in AO too. That i cant stop in the middle of my doing something to log this character, or that charcter to get you this that and the other thing. Whoops! Deal with it.

Im soooooooooooo sorry that i was never given access to anything, since thats my fault somehow. Ya know, i had to buy my way to where i am today. I did my own implants, i payed for all my buffs, i did the work. It wont kill you to do some of it yourself ya know. I try my best to get to everyone to buff this person make that persons implants etc. But i dont log on everyday to make you crap, really i dont. /gasp.

So stop sending your flames, you will be met with an immediate /ignore. Its time for me to log in to do my own implants, and to get my own wep, and to get my own armor, and my own nanos. I never had those luxuries.

Sending me harrassing tells in game, cause i wouldnt get you this set of armor, or that wep of a certain ql, is just LOL.

So go join web, i dare you. You think he is a fraction better then we are? His actions speak volumes. You want to be in an org led by scum like that, have your fill.

Oh yea one more thing:

Newbie1: Ya know you suck the least you can do is defend your side on the org site, what an ass you are. And you want to tell ME what WebMD (<3) did? F*uck off!

LT: Well
    1) I cant post on the site because web didnt want the leaders to be able to post the real story so he banned them all.
    2) I am not an ass to anyone intentionally unless your name is "WebMD" or your an ass to me.
    3) I tell you what WebMD did for your benifit, you dont wanna listen that is your choice.

(Sorry for posting this here, woulda posted it on the old site but as i said, web took that oportunity away.)
    Last edited by Toxinator; Jan 2nd, 2003 at 09:15:03.

Account Created

Account Status:
    Open

Re: Piece of ***

Originally posted by Softtouch
    I have beccome disgusted with FC, Cozmik, and all the other lamers working for this company BECAUSE they fail to answer to us about this kind of problem with and official statement. "They" have mentioned that we should be very careul in choosing the Presidents of our guilds. It has been stated VERY clearly by Obsidian Order advisors that they chose Opulent to be their leader. Obsidian Order did not lose their bases and their guild because of lamer sitting in as president. They lost all that they had because of a "skrip kiddie". It may not be what you call leet hacking, but it is HACKING! I believe that in the CoC there is some reference made about toying with the game like this. FC! Say something officially about this now, ban WebMD and take measures to prevent it from happening in the future. My patience with your BS is wearing thin! I know, you could care less about the satisfaction of one customer.
    Cosmik no longer works at FC, Dai is now in the design side, and Cz (along with the other staff) have been spending Xmas doing Xmas things.

If it was hacking, then I'm sure it will get looked into. The other thing to add which no-one should take the wrong way, is that WebMD was given a position of responsibility which he unfortunately abused.

Again, don't get me wrong here... what he did was terrible, but FC have provided a flexible structure for being able to deal with guilds and their requirements. If people are put in positions such as WebMD, and they do decide to screw over the guild, then you need to look at the guild, and not at the functionality provided.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Just read this post today and I must say I was utterly shocked of what I have read. I wish you all the best from both myself and the entire First Order

If you are fighting this bastard let me know. Contact Shaoqiang or Techwar if you need help taking those towers back I can probably rally more support from FO if you need it.

good to read all the solid support for Obsidian Order!

And some suggestions:

Make kick scripts only able to kick max 5 members in x number of time. then if they kick more just ignore the kicks.
    I dont see any reason why anyone should be able to use kick scripts really..

Make a guild voting system, that allows members to vote for leader. - maybe this would never have happened.
    right now the guild leader is supreme leader of the org/clan

and as an end.. Yes, in the end this will make Obsidian Order stronger. we have more dedicated members, more willpower, more anger!

And please funcom, try look at what happened and learn from this. situations like this really makes a day inside Anarchy Online miserable!

Zman - lvl 50 fixer
    Main character:
    Zeylenne 220 Doctor ex-President of Ragnarok, a scandinavian Omni organization

Wanna join? Ragnarok Recruitment

Active alt characters:

Lilleg2 220 MA
    Polfarer 218 Adventurer

IC:

The corruption that Omni-tek corporation breeds is rampant. They can't police anything when their own ranking employee's do horrible things to each other. Guess that's how one move up the corporate ladder. Always nice to see conflict within the ranks of those who are not sympathetic to the Clans.

OOC

What a dirtbag. I hope the REAL Obsiadian Order totally crushes this lamer and anyone who follows him. This could happen to ANY guild. I hope ALL Omni orgs band together to push this joker off Rubi-ka for good. This is a game and the people behind the characters have real feelings. What WebMD did hurt those people in game and out of game. Totally unjustified. He should be perma-banned IMO. People like him ruin our play time.
    Last edited by Vixentrox; Jan 2nd, 2003 at 18:51:14.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

First, I would like to thank everybody for the support they have shown us during our rebuild.

I have tried not to post much during this time for a couple reasons:

1. Web had the board admins delete my posts (the first one accidently had his real first name in it - the second one I'm still waiting for an explanation). CZ did respond to my email asking why my posts were being deleted - tho he seemed to be under the false impression that this was just something personal between Web and me.

2. Once I read Web's posts I realized there was nothing I could say or do to him that he wasn't already doing to himself. I haven't seen that much spin outside of a centrifuge.

However I think I can manage to say a few things about what happened and stay within whatever guidelines the board ops have in mind. Hopefully after hearing what started all of this you will understand how truly pathetic this all really was.

This was not a personal fight that spilt over into the game. Up until Web demanded leadership of the guild we had no issues other than Web's occasional outbursts and his tendancy to get into fights both in guild and out. Web has made a lot of trouble for me both in this game and in AC. I have always viewed this trouble in light of his accomplishments and our friendship and I probably gave him too much of a pass on his past actions because of this.

We had a similar incident occur a while back - a general logged on and ran a kick script. I was able to log in and kick the general before too much damage had been done. While I don't excuse what that general did, Web caused the incident. The general had not been logged in in about a month - so when he did log in Web confronted him and told him he needed to /org leave and be reentered at a lower rank. They had fought with each other in the past. I had told Web not to make contact with the other general on numerous occassions.

There was a Squad Commander who had not logged in in a while who came back. I told Web in no uncertain terms that he was not to contact the SC. Web explained his position on leaving people in positions of authority who we not recently active. His biggest fear was that they would run a kick script (anyone smell the irony? ). I told Web that I understood his opinion - I just didn't agree with him, particularly since I knew the SC and he didn't, and that he was not to contact the SC. At that time, I made the comment to him that there is only one President of the Obsidian Order, not two. He has twisted that statement around quite a bit - but now you at least see what it was originally.

I logged in and found he had confronted the SC - who not knowing he was speaking only for himself, did /org leave and was re-entered at a lower rank. When I found out I told Web he had earned his demotion. Web's response was demand the leadership of the guild - saying I had promised it too him. If he had thrown in a couple of "it's my birthday presents, my precious" it would have fit the way he was ranting. Web began posting on our internal leader board about how I should step down and give him the guild. I was fed up with Web - but in order to save what friendship we had left - I decided to post that I would step down and allow elections for new guild President - provided Web was not a candidate - tho I also allowed that if there were more than a couple of leaders who wanted him - he could run also - just I would leave the org if he were in control.

I thought that would be the end of it and the guild would just elect a new leader. What happened instead was I was asked to remain President by all of the guild leadership. Since it was Christmas and Web was filling our leader board with the same type of posts people have seen here - I asked everyone to put it all aside until after the hoildays. When that didn't work, I ended the discussion by telling everyone that I would stay. As a peace offering to Web - I said I would leave him a general - but that he had to behave like one.

What happened next has been pretty well covered in this topic. Web waited a couple of days - then ran a kick script - told everyone I had either done it or that I had left the game. He locked all of the leaders out of the leader board and the guild board. He destroyed our towers and replaced them with ones from a new org he created with a similar name. He used the guild bots to spam all old members with his story and began recruiting them into his fake guild.

It worked for about a day - then people started to notice there were too many holes in his explanations. Not the least of which is why I as guild President would run a kick script (/org terminate is easier) and why if I ran the script were all the SC's and Generals still in the old guild.

It has been a lot of work putting things back together. I have had to take time away from my family in the early days to stay logged in just answering questions. Then I had to spend time with them to make up for it - leaving the org alone for a couple of days at a very important time. Somewhere in all of that I had to fit in two trips to the cemetary. I will never forgive Web for ruining my vacation and taking a good part of the joy out of the game for me, but other than that I have no malice towards him. It is sad to see someone commit reputation suicide. All of the things he took from the org can and will be replaced in time - and largely improved upon.

Once again thank you all for you support - even the stinking clanners :P
    President of the Obsidian Order
    Please pass the babies!!!

WebMD

If I were more powerful, I'd tell you to place your teeth on the curb, and my advanced baseball bat would have the pleasure of making the aquaintance with the back of your head.

Scum such as you should be permabanned. I will give FC the 13 bucks a month for the next year to pay for thier financial loss for booting you, it should be a no brainer for FC.

Even if in some strange alternate reality all of your claims were rock solid and true, I would still call you scum for destroying a group of people merely enjoying a game. You are a retard, and a prime example of what everyone should not be.

WedMD has served a small purpose in that he's shows the gaming world exactly what shouldn't be allowed. He should be made as an example for FC. Omni should post his pic, make him 0% in all zones, and offer a giant bounty for the death of this hoser.

May you die a slow griefer's death. May your computer erupt in flame. May your genitalia itch and burn with the fires of a thousand white suns.

Die.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast