Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: a little math......

10x easier said then done, to root them you have to be in range of their gun now sicne the range nerf so that leaves me open to an alpha strike, and 8x out of 10 i do root them and come back and they are gone..... or i go out of distance and see them run in after me, roots dont work right ive seen people break them while shielded, how....i have no clue but its been done a ton of times.

most of the time im forced to use other professions anyways to pvp because the only thing an agent has going for them is roots now , lol i rarely see an agent pvp in agent form unless your fopus and get someome to half root them , run away and have guards to finish the rest, or a pack or 5 other people

and im not posting in regards to just me either....

what if youre a non rooting class?

what is an MA supposed to do against shield?

engineers?...they'll be dead before they know it because with mk on a soldier could tank 5bots

docs?.... i know a few docs that could maybe outheal for the length of mk shield, but they are well played

enforcers. i also know only a few select enforcers that have chances against mk shield in the high levels

Phionna,

Is that the only problem you have in PVP? Or are you going to ask for nerfs to other professions as well? What about healers? Stunners? Pet professions? Traders with uber shotguns?

Believe me, if your only problem in PVP as an Agent is Soldier's MK shields, then you have no problems...

wah wah wah..cry you freakin babes!

all you guys do is whine about soldier shields..you werent whining when your aimed shot was hitting 6k damage rates were you..

as for you damage you know if ya dont like it dont fight a damn soldier geez, you know soldiers have to fight other soldiers and as a agent you can use the soldier shield duh its called false profession.

You want soldiers to suck so you can kill them everytime well get over it its not going to happen. this has bee brought up 5000 times they arent gonna do anything about it llamas so chill on the subject and find a new b*tch topic.

"as for you damage you know if ya dont like it dont fight a damn soldier geez, you know soldiers have to fight other soldiers and as a agent "

lol , you people are so funny, you know nothing about the agent profession but you come here to tell me what i should do

surrrrrrre ill just cast mk shield with my -1700 nano init! thats it, and ill tell the real soldier to grab a cup of coffee while i cast it.
    i never knew you low levels could be so smart. thank you so much

Originally posted by Phionna

engineers?...they'll be dead before they know it because with mk on a soldier could tank 5bots

5 bots? ha!

don't make me laugh.

Originally posted by Garzu
    Bah, you didnt get her point did you? Obviously not... she and alot of other players (including me) wants 100% damage back in the game, the dmg nerf didnt count with MK shields and alot of other debuffs/buffs including healing would get alot more powerful, thats why people ask these questions.
    Before 13.0

Damage = 100%
    Defense = 0% insta kills

After 13.0

Damage = 50%
    Defense = 0 - 100% (depending on how many people attack you)

You want defenses/healing/debuffs to be made completly useless just like they were before. Ever wonder why damage was nerfed in PvP? People hated insta kills.

Heals and debuffs don't kill! Got that? Healing and debuffs don't kill. Again .. healing and debuffs don't kill.

People living around the 2h0 grid exit collecting PvP points kill .. and make people hate PvP while at it.

Some classes will own you in PvP. It's a fact of life. Agents can be PvP kings due to overequiping, but the higher you go, the less advantage this will be to you. You asked for a nerf, flat out. The whole point of the mirror isn't to do damage to you, it's to save our ass from getting crushed. Once a soldier mirrors, his nanos are shut down, then you can root and run, and do whatever the hell else you want. If you waste aimed shot during this time(or dimach or whatever nuke) you really should lose for not paying attention. I'm sick of people saying that the TMS is too uber. It's not. Without that and our specials, we have nothing but crits, and every class has that. Go back to killing 75s if you can't deal with that.

oh please, you make me sick

have fun next patch when our stuns work in pvp and with 1000 nano init i can almost recast it before it runs out. then see all the whiners posting how overpowered we are again

I don't believe how dense people can be. The easiest way to curtail the mirror shield is a mind blowing.... don't attack. Isn't that amazing? Then the soldier has no deflection (TMS cancels it) AND has no nano operations for two minutes. And to squeeze the most out of your nano range for your roots, use a range increaser in your deck. Geez... you can do all sorts of things. Don't blame me that PvP is imbalanced. It should be. Plain and simple. In a stand up fight, there is no reason that an agent should beat a soldier. The agents strengths should not be in plain out damage, but better tactics and general awareness of his foe. And if you want someone you can't kill, go after a *very high level fixer. You'll never get him.

A 170 agent? Bah, makes sense, you no longer have the overequiping advantage.
    Oh, and say good-bye to your pets.
    Last edited by Obergeist; Jan 28th, 2002 at 02:58:26.

thanks but ive used mp pets for about 3 days in pvp when i was level 140 and they are horrible and not worth it, and i have never used them again, so this has no effect on me. but nice try you almost hurt my feelings

The point I'm trying to make is be careful what you wish for. Besides, FC doesn't have a shining record about fixes. Sooo...... what exactly was the purpose of this thread? Besides, you said yourself that with your nano init so high, why not FP MP for their debuffs and debuff Time/space? Research, it's all over the web, and it's more fun then trying to bring down another class(I don't agree with the heal pets being removed, this kills the agents chance of soloing, but when you show off, you get noticed) and instead look at your own weaknesses and strengths. Here's one I'm sure every agent should think of... Aimed shot ALWAYS hits. It's a special based off your ability to conceal yourself from your opponet. So, why not make a skill check on perception to counter this? No... that would make to much sense. This arguement could go on one way or another, and frankly, I'd rather troll something funnier.

Agents are not uber. Their equipment is.

if you want to know something funny what i do for pvp is use
    Mimic Profession soldier and with 1000 base nano init , mimic profession takes away -750 of that so i still have roughly 250 init to cast with.....and with my ql 200 creation head in i can cast MKX even with the -140 to nano skills in about .5seconds.

so...i use this dumb shield myself because its the only way i stay alive and i still think something should be done to it, and my real point of this post was to make regular hits in pvp 100% damage and have crits and specials capped at 40%, and i doubt FC would be so smart to do that so they will probably nerf more

hehe use a glue gun instead those are pretty awesome for pvp although the range is a little.......

Originally posted by Obergeist
    I don't believe how dense people can be. The easiest way to curtail the mirror shield is a mind blowing.... don't attack. Isn't that amazing? Then the soldier has no deflection (TMS cancels it) AND has no nano operations for two minutes. And to squeeze the most out of your nano range for your roots, use a range increaser in your deck. Geez... you can do all sorts of things. Don't blame me that PvP is imbalanced. It should be. Plain and simple. In a stand up fight, there is no reason that an agent should beat a soldier. The agents strengths should not be in plain out damage, but better tactics and general awareness of his foe. And if you want someone you can't kill, go after a *very high level fixer. You'll never get him.

A 170 agent? Bah, makes sense, you no longer have the overequiping advantage.
    Oh, and say good-bye to your pets.

interesting.... straight from the horses mouth we have now heard how. MIRROR SHIELD IS SO POWERFUL THAT THE ONLY WAY TO BEAT IT IS TO NOT ATTACK

There should be nothing in the game that the only way to beat it is to run away. That's just as much BS as instakills.

And if you want to be realistic.... Yes... in a stand up fight in the REAL world an agent shouldn't beat a soldier... yet an Agent should be able to snipe and kill a soldier before the soldier is even aware of his presense. An agent is the master of assassination, people whined about agents killing quickly so WHAT YOU WANT IS NOT A REAL LIFE SCENARIO... THUS AGENTS SHOULD NOT BE GIMPED TO SOLDIERS. BE CONSISTENT OR DON'T WINE AT ALL. If this were real life an agent could sit on a roof top and shoot you in your head/heart/spine and you would die... one shot dead. That was not practical in the game... so it was removed...

The main point is that cutting damage in half doubled heals and shields... which isn't fair for those that have neither.
    Last edited by eleetist; Jan 28th, 2002 at 16:48:03.

Angry ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGG

The soldier is an average class from levels 1-50.

From levels 50-100 it is HELL. In PvP forget about it for a soldier before level 100, we get whupped by nearly every profession out there.

I love that I see all these low level uber twink agents out there who build their Agent for PvP reasons because they are undefeatable at lower levels.

Now the tables are turned and you are lvl 170 something, and at higher levels the Soldier is beating you, where as at lower levels you used to whup soldiers left and right !!!!

Now you can't, it's come around and your getting handed by soldiers and you don't think its right? You've gone 150+ levels killing soldiers with ease and now that HIGH Level Soldiers are beating you, your crying NERF???

You are pathetic

I just got to level 100 and it's been a long road for me. First off ALL of the Soldier nano skills are DARK BLUE with two light blue (but the shield nano skills are both dark) If your an atrox soldier then your Intell, Psych and Sence are ALL Dark Blue.

How many Soldiers do you think will have MK X ?

I'm level 100 and have sacrificed other skills to use MK IV which lasts for a measly 34 seconds. And I can't use any nano skills for TWO MINUTES after that????

I swear to GOD, If the soldier gets NERFED one more time I will keep my account open for the soul purpose of Trolling the Agent Forum and Begging for Agent Nerfs

People like you make me so angry. If a soldier keep his character though all the hard soldier times and is now able to cast a high level shield... he deserves it!!!

Out of 200+ Posts I've made on the official boards this is the FIRST i've ever made on the agent formum, or had anything to do with any subject of agents.......

But you will be seeing alot more of me here now!!!! You want to start crying NERF???? It's On !!!!!
    Last edited by hehe :P; Jan 28th, 2002 at 17:04:31.

Originally posted by Dr. Sent
    Heals and debuffs don't kill! Got that? Healing and debuffs don't kill. Again .. healing and debuffs don't kill.
    NO, healing just makes YOU impossible to kill! Got that? Healing and debuffs makes you impossible to kill. Again... healing and debuffs makes you impossible to kill.

Which is the cause of unbalance. All dmg should be 100% and ALL damage should be capped at 40% of max health, same with healing.

Originally posted by Dr. Sent
    You want defenses/healing/debuffs to be made completly useless just like they were before. Ever wonder why damage was nerfed in PvP? People hated insta kills.
    Yeah, i hated that too... but now peaple hate instaheals and hates to be unable to kill good docs, so most ppl wants a change of this...
    Last edited by Garzu; Jan 28th, 2002 at 17:53:59.
    NT phone HOME!!

Eleetist, PvP in this game is BS. It's 40% level, 40% equipment, 10% ip management, 9% luck and 1% skill. Seriously. Now with the hard ranged caps (40m) and healing, the whole PvP book has been throw out the window. Sure, instakills are gone, but now we're left with another imbalance. For about 30 seconds or so of solid protection, I have nano shutdown for TWO minutes. You'll never have fair PvP in this game. That's a fact. If it were to be fair, they'd have to put in player skill into the code and that would just turn this game into UT or Quake. Besides, duels are stupid, all it does is feed the ego of the winner with worthless titles. Frankly, I give no one respect for titles, it's crap. How do I know they just didn't pick on the lower mid levels for that Freshman or Rookie? They probably did. Every class in this game has been to hell, and some are still there. The roles of each profession (with the exception of the enforcer) have been changed. PvP is supposed to be fun, but the fun always comes at the expensive of the loser. The agents and NTs advantage was range and the soldier's was damage and a shield that saves our arse. Frankly, you haven't seen some funny PvP matches like I have. I've been on both ends of the barrell, and I find it's better to adapt and joke about it. I don't troll other boards looking for nerfs, they simple bring down a profession (or all of them) and weakens the entire game except for a select few.

eleet you'd think a game that's set 30k years into the future would be realistic? =D

pvp damage should be 100% capped at 40% hp and range should be incresed to 60-80m, that would shut up the agents and nts i think =).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast