Thread: Mission QL bug

Mission QL bug

I used to be able to select QL 180ish missions at lvl 101 - now I Can suddenly only choose ql 153 as the max at lvl 102. What is the problem here? I cant take a group out to a QL 153 mission since it would be a waste of time since it would be too easy. I would really apreciate a way to get ql 180ish missions back.

Also, a lvl 97 MA friend of mine can only take missions at his own level... That is QL 97...He cant select others, he talked to an ARK who told him to post it here (now I am) and nothing else he could do. Personally I would probably quit the game If I could only take missions on my own level. What the hell can I use equipment at my own level for, with highlevel NPCs beeing über atm. Well luckily he has a guild to help out - allthough its a REAL gamestopper that should concern u.
    Emitter Bureaucrat
    Astolpho Keeper
    Ancarim Iron Legion - RK1

talked to an ARK about. He knew nothing And I really didnt get the feeling we did anything to pass it on. So im just gonna keep bumping this
    Emitter Bureaucrat
    Astolpho Keeper

I've leveld a couple of times...hasnt fixed it.
    Emitter Bureaucrat
    Astolpho Keeper

leveld once more without it doing anything.

I have now talked to yet another person with the same problem. He is about same level as me (105).

I would just like a confirmation of the problem or something...
    Emitter Bureaucrat
    Astolpho Keeper

I have read elsewhere that this problem can be solved by reinstalling AO on your computer. I don't recall where I read it, probably on these forums somewhere.

Was thinking about this myself. I will try it out now.

/me is keeping his fingers crossed.
    Emitter Bureaucrat
    Astolpho Keeper

Phew it takes a long time to install this game. But I got it reinstalled and I can once again pul 180ish missions. Thx Starknaked. The Knowledge in this forum easily get lost because of the sheer amount of posts. (I did try searching without luck)

But again thx. Maybe some info you should pass on to your arks so they can give some help
    Emitter Bureaucrat
    Astolpho Keeper

Yes, it would be a good idea for the ARKs and GMs to be notified of the fix to this problem.

Unhappy

BUG IS BACK!

Now Im back to the same old deal pulling QL 150ish missions. This is sooo fustrating :/ I cant go reinstall AO every single time I level and the bug comes back... Just takes way too long.

/me gets on his knees and begs for help
    Emitter Bureaucrat
    Astolpho Keeper

bump

bump

I have this at lvl 97-99 too.

GM was clueless : "Go Get a few more levels"
    EF

Damn, that is annoying, I didn't know the bug would come back.

Perhaps someone could figure out which file it is that is being fixed when you reinstall the game. I'll bet it's only 1 file that is making the difference. If all you had to do is replace one file each time the bug came back, that would still be highly annoying, but would be doable.

I have no clue how to find this out, though. Perhaps you could ask in the technical issues forum, and see if you could get someone, funcom employee or not, to figure this out.

Lightbulb Magic Words

I wonder what the magic word is to get someone from FC to look at this thread. I'll try some:

Funcom
    FC
    Cosmic
    Cosmic please Read
    Cz
    Cz Please read
    Att Funcom
    Att Cosmic
    Att cz
    And Please help

If this doesnt help I guess we have to try the technical forum to see if we can get a little feedback.
    Emitter Bureaucrat
    Astolpho Keeper

bump

bump again since no-one seems to care about us broken installs.

Personally, I don't understand why the mission difficulty slider "jumps" in QL. A 60% mission at level 75 gives you QL 82 loot. A 75% you get QL 93 loot. Over 75% you get QL 109 and QL 123 as a max.

Is there any way the slider can go in 1-3 QL increments? I shouldn't need to be 1 of 3 level numbers to get QL 200 rewards that is just silly is it not?

Im just gonno *bump* it again in the faint hope that somebody reads it
    Emitter Bureaucrat
    Astolpho Keeper