Thread: How stupid can these quests get?

Angry How stupid can these quests get?

My complaint is about many (all) of the so called quests. You call spending days gathering parts, or sitting and waiting 2-18 hours for a spawn a guest?

How about the 5 other people in the team who need to finish a quest waiting those 10-36 hours longer?

I have been camping the Trash King over 4 (game) days, only to have some higher level group show up at the moment of spawn kill him. loot and fly off. How the hell is this supposed to be challenging or fun?

Wake up Fun Com! Having players run around, or sit around for days on end is NOT entertainment! Fix the damn spawn rates, loot drops and establish some order to the game!

New games are coming and your time is short, unless you make things intertaining. Fix know bugs, faults and shortfalls before you lose all if not all of your business.

OK. I am done venting....anyone else want to join in?

that's one reason I don't DO quests like that.
    The quests for the profession-rings are jokes. Every profession has got to camp the same stupid mob? Gimme a break!

While I completely aggree the quests need more fore thought I would have to say that the amount of camping here is a lot different than any other MMORPG....

In EQ you could spend 4 RL Days camping something and still come out empty handed.

I believe they could make some adjustments to the Quests that would make the more reasonable like change the Quest per profession, or maybe just by Breed ( to lower the number of dynamics they have to create ).

As for the new games coming out, I gave up a lot of the newer games to come to AO...

I can compose a list if you like of all the shortcomings in all the other MMORPG cause some have had flawless launches, some have great graphics, but behind every veil is a game that somewhere has a shortcoming. Let me know if you want that list.

If AO's short coming is camping of quest items, then thats great cause every other MMORPG has the same probelm. So why would a common probelm make us leave to a new game, that would most likely have the same probelm as well???
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Funcom likes when you have to sit, then you cant find out how bad other aspects of the game are
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

What is even more frustrating for all nooobs is that we often have no idea WHERE those monsters are supposed to be since we don't see them when we pass by their spawning place.

To avoid high-level people storming in just at the right time, spawning time should be random.

To help noobs, some kind of precise ingame info should be available for those monsters.
    Another idea would be to make the monster respawn very quickly but with a flag that makes it peacefull and not attackable for a time. Shift-left clicking on the monster would tell you the maximum time you may have to wait until the monster becomes attackable (the actual time beeing random).
    ( example : "This monster will become attackable somewhere in the next 4h57min"). Of course, sightseeing Tarasque in this manner would be a bit unreal...

Originally posted by Wal
    Funcom likes when you have to sit, then you cant find out how bad other aspects of the game are
    Sitting is bugged too