Thread: Please rethink the Sentinel/Omni-AF Armor Concept

Post Please rethink the Sentinel/Omni-AF Armor Concept

The whole idea was good but poorly thought out.

First off you got the modifiers on the armor for health set wrong. Which been known bug since the patch brought them ingame.

The mobs that drop the armor involve the help of opposite faction to spawn the mob which doesn't seem to go with the whole roleplay part of it. Then after fighting the mob for 45 mins or so the mob sometimes randomly disappears. If you do kill mob usually drops 1 piece armor for 1 hour of fighting or ends up dropping a sleeve/glove which could got off 2 min solo fight of lesser mob.

The quest for the Body Armor piece is insane. The armor is no better than some mission reward armor that takes 2 mins blitz. The amount effort it takes to get armor probably better off spent getting Azure armor. You could just made quest for getting sunglasses that did nothing more than look cool involved you gathered 15 people kill lv 300 mob in less than 3 hours.

Please give the whole concept a new look. Sure its suppose be hard but make it fun and worthwhile at the same time.
    Last edited by Divinecross; Dec 28th, 2002 at 10:59:34.

I agree 100%.

When I first heard of this armor, I though 'wow, now I have a real reason to level'. I was mistaken.

Funcom needs to redesign all of the quests that are based on the 'assassination' theme. The quests are not team missions, they are solo missions, so only one person will benefit from the efforts of a large group. If a quest is a solo mission, make it acchievable by a solo player, if it is intended to be a team effort, devise a way for all who participate to get a reward.

As it stands, these quests are mostly a waste of develompment resources.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

Description on DNA Locked Omni-AF Sleeves display the pants description :P

Spent roughly 45 mins just killing one lv 250 General in avalon ot base who hits as hard as some the outdoor bosses(The One, etc). He dropped a omni tek mission token and nanobots cloud(ones you use make towers with). Sadly our whole team was clan trying kill omni general for armor so time here was rather wasted.

I get idea due changes in the quest with DNA Locked Armor was to prevent faction from killing mob of the same faction to get armor. But putting omni tek mission token on it makes no sense at all. Alone anyone high enough level kill these mobs more likely have 1K board now. The drop rate compared amount effort put into killing it is insane.

Starting getting the idea that person came up with the concept for this doesn't even play Anarchy Online.
    Last edited by Divinecross; Jan 1st, 2003 at 11:22:20.

Watched a lot people try bring down High Commander Fisk today. This the mob that omni would kill for their armor but amazing before he gets below 3 bars hp he goes into rapid heal delta mode and doesn't fight.

Thought funcom supposely fixed mobs doing this :P Cheers for concept with no thought

And making an armor that has equal ac's in all dmg types (well ok, chem is ONLY 1150 ) ruins the idea of different dmg types, as all acs will be identical, no weak spots at all... So it's good that it's hard to get

getting the idea its impossible to get now... concept pretty flawed from many viewpoints.. I dont really care anymore.. seeing as how much funcom actually listens.

Armor has quite few weak points... one being some the armor doesn't have modifers you find on some other armor making some pieces lesser. Other being you lose 240 hp when you wear it.

Way you go about getting it seems like bug even begin with.
    Last edited by Divinecross; Jan 8th, 2003 at 12:06:29.