Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new pistols with burst

Whitesand. The things you say about pvp and damage calculations must be from bizzaro-world.

I don't see why those pistols would be so bad. They would be doing less damage then the PoP and kick pistols. Why shouldn't pistol adventurers have a easy chance to get a decent pistol?

And yeah, fighting Ian's company, at full agg the PoP is great. Matter of fact the PoP is great for anyone, just not as great (in my opinion) for a NT that will be chainnuking at anything other then full agg.

And since I have been doing that lately I see why in PvM, at full offense, its a great pistol.

uber bump for positive feedback given

jayde,

we didnt get a chance to finish our test last week on my kick/home defender testing.

Whats funny here is everyone looks at the stats. on paper and know one here knows the real truth.

im one of the few that really knows what multi-wielding 2 lvl200 guns can do and not do.

I wield these 2: w/1352 attack rating.
    lvl 200 kick pistol: 1-480 (540) +burst,fling
    http://64.106.154.149/showitem.asp?AOID=165168

lvl 200 home defender: 2-438 (720)
    http://64.106.154.149/showitem.asp?AOID=124240

=========================================

In PvM
    Its awesome and bets most one handed weapons hands down. But it should be. Lets look at the investment required to bet one handed weapons.
    Req:
    Maxed Pistol
    Maxed shotgun
    Maxed burst
    Maxed fling
    Maxed mulitrange

Thats 2 weapons skills plus 3 specials. thats a lot of ip. And Mulitrange is a wierd specail. Its max return on investment is 33% increase in damage over time. Time being the key word. In pvp, Time is something u dont have. So, the 33% damage increase in pvp doesnt kick in.

In PvP,

Its a whole other story.
    Multiwieldings 33% damage increase over time, is gone. PvP battles never last long enough for that to matter. So, all multiwielding gives you is the ability to adds specials that you dont currently have. This means you have to max multweilding and the other special to use it. The problem is with the way specials work.
    example: If my primary hand has burst and FA. then I cant use burst or FA from my offhand. lets take a look at my combo. My offhand is the kick pistol 1-480 (540) +burst and fling. What other weapons that are multiwield can i use to add specials to my configuration that dont conflict with burst and fling. Answer there are none. lets say I add the lvl200 BigBurger Inc. Chapman Max 2-72 (180) +burst, fling, and FA, I just killed my damage. All I wanted to do is add FA to my configuration, what I ended up doing is killing my Burst and Fling on my kick pistol. See my point. I dont get the 33% increase in damage over time in pvp and I cant add additional specials.

=============================================
    Solution:
    We need a varity of new mulitweild weapons designed with "adding additional specials" in mind. (meaning avg. damage guns with only one special)
    1)example: "**** Pistol"
    20-300 (300) + FA. (nothing else)
    mult: 800
    2.3 attack speed
    2.0 recharge
    Note: The damage should not equal the damage of a non-mulitwield FA weapon of comparable lvl. It should be between 65-75%.
    2) example: "**** Pistol"
    20-300(300) +AS. (nothing else)
    mult:800
    2.3 attack speed
    2.0 recharge.
    =============================================
    Burst and Fling in PvP: in general.

The current rules in pvp have hurt Burst and Fling the most out of all the specails. The 1/2 crit crippled fling -most if the time its just another crappy avg. shoot. Burst is the added sum of 3 normal shots, In pvp its 1.5 normal shoots. With the increase in hitpoints from the new token boards and NW health towers, the special is crap. the exception is with uber damage guns like the manex, where 1.5 normal damage is alot.
    That leaves 2 outstanding specials: FA and AS. Both have the ability of doing 5k damage in pvp. Now compared to the other specials thats a huge jump.

My combo in PvP is most equal to this.
    "a gun that does 1-(480)- with burst and fling" - u can forget about the crit. It never happens. So, having the (520) in a 1/2 crit playing field nullifies that added bonus.

The key in PvP right now is FA, AS or uber damage. Thats it, nothing else makes a diff.

my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Odian102; Dec 30th, 2002 at 21:20:32.
    Omni Trader on RK2

Pinning your hopes on FA is foolish, if your opponent is on full defensive FA goes "Fnea" and you get 0 or 1 bullets hit. If you want a truly "ubah" special get aimed shot .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

I have one thing to say NO!
    Interesting game so far

Originally posted by Glaye
    I have one thing to say NO!

You talk too much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12