Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new pistols with burst

new pistols with burst

Pistols with burst and MR

Why are there no good pistols with burst for adventurers?

The only one is pain of patricia and we all know how VERY difficult it is to get.

For some reason there are just no good pistols with burst with low MR. I mean like 900 would be perfect

a pistol for ladies, say with

1000 Pistol

550 burst

460 fling

1.2/1.2 speed

69-420 dmg(237)

Multirange Required 888

Specials : Burst, Fling

Mods: +1 crit/150max health/40 nano

maybe?
    Last edited by Orchid; Dec 28th, 2002 at 10:35:32.

your suggestion has a fling req but no fling speical. i'm sure it is a typo, but if for some cosmic event they implement your suggestion you'd be pissed.

I think MAs should get a new attack called "B*tch slap" and a new MA only weapon: "Nerf bat"
    And NTs could get "Izgimmer's Forum Flame"
    MOs could get....oh wait, MPs got some creation weapons a couple years ago, let's pass them by once more
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Oh yes you adventures are so weak and gimped you need a gun like that to outdamage everyone.

I check the stats and fed the damage calculator with it. I calculated with the values a lvl190+ adventure will have also no uber stuff - a 8% VE, TTS and MOP + 3% base crit and 1% from your pistol mod.

The target has 5k AC and see what damage u did!

45691 points!!!! in 60sec!!! And that would only do one of those pistols if you dual wield it then you will maybe have 60k damage in 60sec.

Oh yes you really need that uber pistol. But I would say the damage is to less - it should be more like 600k damage in 60sec that you can kill Tarasque in 1.5 mins

Oh btw you can check the damage at that link: Emikos Ubergun

Only to think about:

Augumented Hellspinner (soldier gun drops less than punishment rod and it would take 20 ppls and 1-2 weeks of killing killing killing to get it) 42146 points in 60sec.

Punishment Rod (enforcer weapon - easier to get as augumented cause the drop rate is higher!!!) 52608 points in 60sec.

Enhaced Queen Blade (enforcer weapon - very easy to get - yes its easy! Diamondine Soldier drops that mesh 100% and she isn't hard to kill too! Maybe you need to spawn her but 5 hours work for a 100% drop of a mesh? Np if you ask me. NTs mezz guards, 3 docs and soldier tanking with tms/rrf - so ****ing easy! and the mantis queen? lol easy food for a lvl180+ team) 57660 points in 60sec.

Blood Bat (enforcer weapon drops from Ian Warr - I think noone will ever have that weapon) 45221 points in 60sec. but don't forget you can dual wield that gun 2 of them and you will maybe have 60k damage in 60sec.

So what I see is that your pistol is like a Blood Bat for Adventures. I hope if Funcom ever put such a item in game then it will be mission reward
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

the droprate on blood bat aint 100% we killed Ian
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

This pistol could be balanced with lower speed... like 2/2.

Bonuses are overpowered also... 2 of those guns, and it's +2% crit, + 300 life, + 80 nano.

the gun is a little over-the-edge, but im curious: how can i get a 8% VE still have 600 init? What adven has 1000 base ranged init?

Let me offer some reasonable balance in this for you so it's not so over-powered.

QL200 version

1000 Pistol

780 burst

520 fling

1.80/2.50 speed (Burst rechage 2800)

30-380 dmg(240)

Multirange Required 955

Damage: Energy

Mods: none

Other options would be to just re-evaluate the Match gun's damage to make it useful (and fix the OnUse to OnHit for it's effect).

Edited to revise damage and recharge time for better balance.
    Last edited by SirAronar; Dec 28th, 2002 at 21:28:33.

This isn't much of an "ubergun" Whitesand.

First off, you assume too much crit for the init... Not really possible...

Second, the damage range of 69-420 dmg(237) is very close to the existing 30-410(200) for the BBI or 50-350(320) of the River XP.

And we know that Advent pistols right now aren't anything close to uber. =P

The only real difference here is the addition of Burst, and a non-insane multi requirement. In other words... a Kick Pistol we can actually use.

-Jayde

Originally posted by SirAronar
    Let me offer some reasonable balance in this for you so it's not so over-powered.

QL200 version

1000 Pistol

780 burst

520 fling

1.80/2.50 speed (Burst rechage 2800)

30-380 dmg(240)

Multirange Required 955

Damage: Energy

Mods: none

Other options would be to just re-evaluate the Match gun's damage to make it useful (and fix the OnUse to OnHit for it's effect).

Edited to revise damage and recharge time for better balance.
    Now it suck . Same with 800 MR is will be balanced and usefull .

Thanks Jayde. yes i was going for a gun that was useful, and yet not uber like the patricia.
    And yet I was going for a gun that could be used as a offhand, hence the reasonable Multirange.

I've seen the patricia in action. It was underwhelming in pvp. But the person wasn't duel wielding and was only single inplanted in pistol.

Ive spoken with two people who now wield the POP.

One Ipmia ( i think it was ) said they loved it.

And PiercingEvil said it was slow, but that was only cos she was on full DEF, so basically its not slow, she just was on FULL DEF to fight Ian Warrs gang and was blaming it on the pistol instead of her full DEF option. So I take it she likes it too.

At 190 I will be able to dual weild then without problem.

At current lvl I can get into 1 quite easily, with just a small wrangle.

Ok again - why do u think you as a adventure should do the same damage as a soldier or a enforcer? One of those pistols outdamage the best soldier gear in that game. Two of those pistols will outdamage the best enforcer gear in that game.

Guys you are a adventurer! Its nearly impossible to kill a adventure for a soldier, cause your insta heal outdamage most or all damage a soldier will do. Isn't it enough that you have the 2nd best healing, that you can mezz, that you have fun with polymorph spells, that you don't need to go the hard way and that you can take the easy way to smugglers den? That you can fly without a yalm, ...

Now you want to be the best damage dealer class too?

Why should anyone play something else as a adventure then?
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

The damage is fine, but not for the speed.

If you want damage like that, it needs to be SLOWER than the existing guns in that damage class with only one special.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Umm, huh?

No one is saying that.

This post is about making pistols with burst with better then mediocre dmg at reasonable Multirange requirements.

This post is not about uberizing adventurers.

I suggest you read up before pulling that card. Im not a noob who wants more powerful weapons, just useable ones.

Kiryat-Dharin, burst have an IP cost, so it must give a damage advantage. Why make a new pistol with fling shot, burst, multi-ranged, if the DoT is similar to another pistol with only pistol requiered?

Originally posted by Whitesand
    Ok again - why do u think you as a adventure should do the same damage as a soldier or a enforcer? One of those pistols outdamage the best soldier gear in that game. Two of those pistols will outdamage the best enforcer gear in that game.

Guys you are a adventurer! Its nearly impossible to kill a adventure for a soldier, cause your insta heal outdamage most or all damage a soldier will do. Isn't it enough that you have the 2nd best healing, that you can mezz, that you have fun with polymorph spells, that you don't need to go the hard way and that you can take the easy way to smugglers den? That you can fly without a yalm, ...

Now you want to be the best damage dealer class too?

Why should anyone play something else as a adventure then?
    1) Adventurers could always just use melee. Advent's ranged options should do similar damage to Advent's melee options. Right now, they don't. If I went melee right now, I would increase my damage by 40%-60% roughly.

2) This pistol would not outdamage a Solider or Enforcer. Your damage calculations on it were based on an unrealistic crit chance in PvM, and an impossible crit chance in PvM.

3) You're forgetting that our "insta heal" has a 4s-5s recharge on it.

4) Advents cannot mez. This was an illusion created by Funcom. Advent mez programs simply do not work under any practical situation. Even when they do stick, they have a 50/50 chance of getting hit by the non-aggro mez bug, and having the mob becoming un-mezzed anyway.

5) Having "fun" with polymorph spells does not really help me in battle. 50% of our polymorphs are completely useless. (Leet and Pit Lizard.)

6) Smuggler's Den? lol I never go to Smuggler's Den. In fact, I spend a good deal of my time buffing OTHER people to go into Smuggler's Den--despite the fact that it now takes me over 1 minute PER PERSON to do it now.

7) Metas can fly without a Yalm. Besides, what's wrong with a Yalm? It takes a level 150 Advent to self-cast Parrot.

As I stated before, the damage on this pistol is almost identical to our existing pistols. And everyone knows that pistol Advents don't even come CLOSE to outdamaging a Solider or Enforcer ATM. The addition of Burst would be very useful to us, but hardly overpowering if it had a 30s-ish timer.

Also, this pistol combo would probably match (or still be lower) than a Sol Fire/Mantis Scissors combo in both PvM and PvP. Since we KNOW that even melee Advents don't outdamage Enforcers or Soliders, then I can't hardly think a case can be made that these Pistols are too overpowering.

It is obvious that you haven't played a high-level Adventurer. Our Pistols right now are like pea-shooters. Most Pistol Advents switch to Melee around level 150, simply because Pistols don't cut the mustard damage-wise.

I hardly see any danger of outdamaging an EQB or Hellspinner at this rate... Heck, even two Revolving Cold Lasers would be better. I watched a Trader with a Kick Pistol and Home Defender do DOUBLE my damage yesterday in a mission.

Everything from reload bugs, insane Multi-Ranged reqs, Multi-Ranged bugs, projectile damage, and lack of specials hinder the usefulness of a Pistol Advent in the high-end game. Some adjustment is seriously in order.

-Jayde

Originally posted by Taxe
    Kiryat-Dharin, burst have an IP cost, so it must give a damage advantage. Why make a new pistol with fling shot, burst, multi-ranged, if the DoT is similar to another pistol with only pistol requiered?
    2 reasons:

You get burst, which gives a pretty good addition to DoT.

It would have a reasonable MR requirement at QL200, the way I envision it, which would allow you to get a QL200 in your offhand.

If those two were true, it's DoT should be roughly equivalent to existing pistols like the BBI before calculating in specials.

I.E. make it a BBI or River XP with burst rather than fling and an achievable QL200 MR requirement, and I'd think most pistol advents would recognize it as a pretty good pistol.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

The trick to making it balanced is to make sure the Pistol has a 30s-45s Burst cycle.

A longer Burst cycle like that will never be in any danger to outdamaging a Div 9. (Won't outdamage any Fixer weapons either, really... And it's arguable if Fixers should be stronger than Advents and/or Soliders... but that's another debate entirely. lol )

Obviously, there should be no 8s-11s Burst cycles here.

Just HAVING Burst is only one part of the equasion. Its cycle speed is very important as well.

-Jayde

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast