Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what do you all think of the TMS canceling gun?

I like the gun, would hate it if I didn't have one tho, but it is kinda true...it should cancel something, but not TMS...doesn't really makes sense that the gun is made for knocking down soldiers.
    moon meeh

Re: what do you all think of the TMS canceling gun?

Originally posted by Nothinman
    this thing is REALLY annoying heh.. one soldeir with it can just shoot 10 different soldeirs and knock thier TMS off with it like happened in 2h0 today with askiles.

seems to me this is abit powerful.. being able to nullify a soldiers best nano in 2 - 3 hits even if it is only other soldeirs that can do it.

: / kinda takes the fun outta things when you know TMS'ing will not only take out your nano skills but also will only last a few seconds.
    thaugt u canceled, leave things the way they are till we get a gun that does 2K reg dmg in pvp like enforcers only the ranged version, till then please stfu about soldier and whine on trader drains.
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Infamine
    thaugt u canceled, leave things the way they are till we get a gun that does 2K reg dmg in pvp like enforcers only the ranged version, till then please stfu about soldier and whine on trader drains.

Nice ignorant post. Picture this issue with every 190+ soldier having this gun, what's the point in having Reflect Shield in PvP, much less TMS..

Calling for nerfs/changes on a soldier gun which actually is decent because of what it does.. sigh... and then you go and moan about soldiers being ****?..

O and fyi had examples of it taking over a minute to debuff someone elses tms, in meantime i was as good as dead myself from reflect dmg, and his spinner..
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Re: Re: what do you all think of the TMS canceling gun?

Originally posted by Infamine

Did you ebay? You used to able to speak coherently. In case you didn't notice i'm a lvl 200 soldier, i spose you have one of these eh? and you can beat any soldier with it easily?

this gun doesn't make alot of sense and neither do you. You whine and call nerfs too, hypocrit. this is not a nerf call just wanting to see peoples opinons on this as it is a pretty nasty gun.

I'd like to do some more testing.. but so far it has been my experience that it cancels TMS and RRFE first before anything else.. i never thought to check if it canceld other buffs above 45ncu.

someone with one should get a freind to load some 45+ ncu programs up and see what cancels. Bringing this topic up on the pvp forums does not mean it needs a nerf. but anyone who can get past that can see that it is rather stupid to have a soldier gun.. that is designed to take out soldiers. when alot of people have one its gonna get ugly.

soldier is soldiers nemesis? : /
    Last edited by Nothinman; Dec 29th, 2002 at 01:17:06.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Nothin u sounded like calling a nerf on us my bad is i misinterprated. Thing is that gun is the only way to get rid of other people RRF and also other soldiers TMS but i dont fight soldiers usually. See it as the shield ripper option we asked problem is it looks like it rips only RRF or TMS and not dmg shields and rages.
    But anyway so many people are soldier nemesis that it doesnt really matter.
    And no i didnt ebay and yep i have one
    But all in all it doesnt change that much, and its not like every soldier gonna have it anytime soon, the mob is such a pain and the drop isnt 100%.
    Right now i still kill way more people with a regular alpha than using this gun, i mainly use it for pvm, cause it pisses mobs fast and doesnt let aggro switch once they been debuffed.
    the ultimate gun is still a myth till they put one that does Rod or EQB dmg.

edit : supernova+HS/FP+Dimach is still better than this gun really. But again i dont fight soldiers usually or only when they on TMS cool down in mass pvp
    Infamine 200 soljah

I know one thing, it's gonna suck to be a soldier in mass PvP once everyone starts packing one of theese.

Btw, I'd like the TL6 hellfury to have the same check as the TL5 one, that is only non soldiers can be debuffed with one. It's a nerf, but at the same time a boost. I love the fact that we can shoot RRF off people, but I also hate that solders themself are the soldier nemesis like this.

Actually its not like we're doing that good in mass pvp at towers, its still easier to pick up duels, or sneak&alpha people.
    TMS is nice to take alphas when in team, but when the snare/root lands ur still iced wether or not ur debuffing the guy u tryin to shoot. not to mention if he uses the zone bug you cant burst and the reg dmg doesnt do it.
    ./me hands Nothin a beer in case he got pissed
    Infamine 200 soljah

Nope, not like we are doing too good, and anything that makes us even worse is a bad thing.

Wild Cherry Pepsi is no substitute for Dr Pepper mr Taco Bell.
    Last edited by Geofforey; Dec 29th, 2002 at 04:36:06.

G get ur butt online !
    Infamine 200 soljah

update, its also excellent to outdamage people on long hp mobs, just got 2 TK and some uniques with it without having aggro one single time
    Infamine 200 soljah

not a nerf

Not asking for a nerf of any sort. It just wouldnt be much fun if every Soldier was targetting every other Soldier with this gun on the battle field. Every Soldier must be able to see the consequences of this. Sure a soldier with one is better than a soldier without one, but eventually every Soldier over 190 will have one. I think the TL6 Hellfury should have the Soldier check as well, simple solution. Than Soldiers get their main strength back which is what a lot of Soldiers have been asking for. Good damage and more reflect power than every other profession. Sometimes the gun takes 1 shot to cancel TMS other times it takes 1 minute, either way it's pitting Soldier against Soldier in this game and I kind of liked the comradery <sp?>, Atre

I guess i should be happy the highest engi reflect shield has a 55 ncu req .

Soldiers are gimps.
    Rosbif Advocate for the enslavement of Octodogs as an alternative form of energy.

just FYI, it kills MK9 too...tested this many times

i don't care that this gun is in circulation...just something to look forward to.

just get one for yourself nothin...don't call for a nerf on something that may make soldiers a lil better.

Originally posted by Dooomiz
    just FYI, it kills MK9 too...tested this many times

i don't care that this gun is in circulation...just something to look forward to.

just get one for yourself nothin...don't call for a nerf on something that may make soldiers a lil better.
    thats kinda my point. im not calling nerf. ill just say wait till so many soldies have one and see where were at.

it will suck that you will be rrfe less and TMS'less so much in mass wars. soldiers will die faster. and the big problem that is going to happen is that soldiers will end up being soldies nemesis.

but time will tell.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

look at it this way

At least your, your own nemesis not a another class. Now someone else feels the fixers pain.
    "We run for Radaman we run from the store clerk with his bull@#$% gun, i feel like im on a fu****** trackteam." 2pac-Juice

It'll prolly be fixed anyway. The TL5 has the check TL6 doesn't.

Still... be nice to see someone else besides us fixers with a nemisis out there =)
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer
    ** Card Carrying Union Member (team)

Welcome to the world of fixers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast