Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what do you all think of the TMS canceling gun?

I cant wait to se whats gonna happen to the other proffessions :]

Soldiers probably don't mind that the gun is avaliable, but its no skill just to see whoever has this gun to cancel the shield. Sort of like a MP vs. MP to see who can cast NS first.

The thing is, this is not a nemesis issue really. For an NT, it is easy to spot a smurf on the battlefield. Hard for a Soldier to take the time to find another Soldier out there, but when he does, it will kind of be crappy. Once all the Soldiers die quick in battle, who is gonna deal with those pesky EQB enfs? =P
    Only time will tell on this one, but I would rather the gun have a Soldier flag like the TL5 mod version.

Ermm .. that's crazy .. i actually have one and really enjoy it .. why i don't whine about EQB & enforcers ?
    200 Neophyte Clan Soldier

Proud Member of Arion

Originally posted by Atredivum
    The thing is, this is not a nemesis issue really. For an NT, it is easy to spot a smurf on the battlefield. Hard for a Soldier to take the time to find another Soldier out there, but when he does, it will kind of be crappy. Once all the Soldiers die quick in battle, who is gonna deal with those pesky EQB enfs? =P
    Only time will tell on this one, but I would rather the gun have a Soldier flag like the TL5 mod version.
    it's not hard to find a soldier in the battlefield.. look for the huge red gun

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=202278 - the tl6 does have the prof check

Calv

Yup you got me there ;P
    The Profession check as in what appears to be a flag not to cancel on Soldiers.
    The part on boosted hellfury that looks like:
    if
    profession != soldier
    profession != soldier
    profession != soldier

Does this mean don't affect Soldiers?
    Last edited by Atredivum; Dec 30th, 2002 at 17:16:10.

Well, != means "NOT equal to" in many representations of boolean expressions, so I'm pretty sure that it's built to not affect soldiers. So the TL6 one appears to be bugged.

Pretty easy to spot soldiers on the battlefield too. First of all you got the big red gun. 2nd, I pretty much know the professions of all the regular TL6 players on the battlefields, and at least the soldiers.

I'm sure the 10-15 that got this gun now don't want it "fixed", but once this starts getting more common then I'm sure people will think different about it.

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Well, != means "NOT equal to" in many representations of boolean expressions, so I'm pretty sure that it's built to not affect soldiers. So the TL6 one appears to be bugged.

Pretty easy to spot soldiers on the battlefield too. First of all you got the big red gun. 2nd, I pretty much know the professions of all the regular TL6 players on the battlefields, and at least the soldiers.

I'm sure the 10-15 that got this gun now don't want it "fixed", but once this starts getting more common then I'm sure people will think different about it.
    if it is indeed not meant to cancel buffs on another soldier then i think this is a great and powerful weapon. but when used againsted another soldier it is kinda well.. dumb. we use our TMS so infrequently and rely on rrfe to stay alive, we really dont need 60% of the soldeirs out there running cancel dutie so the opposing soldiers die. it is probably a tactive that works but you can see that it is stupid.

yes and in c++ != is not equal. in Visual basic and SQL it is <> representing Not equal.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

3 shots is all it took to drop my tms. poof bang thank you for playing ao hello reclaim.

Originally posted by Nothinman

yes and in c++ != is not equal. in Visual basic and SQL it is <> representing Not equal.

/me personally doens't think AO was programmed in VB...

~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio

/me personally doens't think AO was programmed in VB...

~Chris
    No, remove the "visual" part, just BASIC!

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Cool

noting got a point just vait til evryon do get it even tho it mait not be son me thinks its just a new way of f... sol up . but hay lets se i mait be ronge i did tests and max 8 shots to cansels a mk so far and kupel of taims tok me lik 20 or 30 sek to canses a rrf but normaly thy gon a lot faster. vud say the nanochutdown after tmx sux hard enuf but to los mk on top of that is a bit sily .

Originally posted by askiles
    noting got a point just vait til evryon do get it even tho it mait not be son me thinks its just a new way of f... sol up . but hay lets se i mait be ronge i did tests and max 8 shots to cansels a mk so far and kupel of taims tok me lik 20 or 30 sek to canses a rrf but normaly thy gon a lot faster. vud say the nanochutdown after tmx sux hard enuf but to los mk on top of that is a bit sily .
    heh ? repost in english or original language please.
    Infamine 200 soljah

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123