Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what do you all think of the TMS canceling gun?

what do you all think of the TMS canceling gun?

this thing is REALLY annoying heh.. one soldeir with it can just shoot 10 different soldeirs and knock thier TMS off with it like happened in 2h0 today with askiles.

seems to me this is abit powerful.. being able to nullify a soldiers best nano in 2 - 3 hits even if it is only other soldeirs that can do it.

: / kinda takes the fun outta things when you know TMS'ing will not only take out your nano skills but also will only last a few seconds.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Does it actually shut down TMS? I though it had a low chance to, but had a reflect piercing on it.

Not sure i tested it with hogtail in tir and he canceld MK 10 in 3 duels in the first 10 seconds or less. usualyl 2-3 hits TMS is gone.

same with askiles.. i couldnt do anything cause iwas constantly running no reflect :/

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=202278 is the gun that does it.

The description of the nano it casts on you is lke this:

On Use remove target protection nanos <= 45 NCU 1 times

so it takes off TMS which is 45 ncu : /
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

To bad Nulty2 takes 49 NCU
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Yeah but one of those guns pierces through NS some. Pretty lame that a soldier gun takes away a soldier nano.

Does it turn RRF off too?

Does it remove the nano shutdown you suffer after casting TMS?

I thought it would just bypass the effects of TMS but not completely turn it off.

Theres also a gun is SoM that removes a certain amount of reflect%.

This is kinda sucky.

The Hellfury has only a 9% chance to cancel TMS/RRFe (or lower shields) AND a 100% NR defense check for the Hellfury Notum Disruptor against the Assault Rifle skill. This means with high NR the chances are really less that it cancels the shield.

Tested that gun with an other Soldier (dont remember his name at the moment...) and 2 times he didnt even canceled my TMS and 2 times he canceled my RRFe after 30 sec...

Its a nice gun, especially with the 900 minimum Burst each 8 seconds... GA Fixers nightmare
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Ok so Fixer nemesis is NT and Soldier nemesis is... Soldier? errr >_<

Does it actually shut down TMS? I though it had a low chance to, but had a reflect piercing on it.

The other augmented version actually cancels protection nanos from your NCU. It can be NS, TMS, etc. Pretty nasty.

But < 45 NCU, NS MKII is 49.

Yup I got hit by a guy using that gun and my rrfe was cancelled on the first hit.

Start asking engies for RHC! It's better! It's 54 NCU and adds less reflect then RRFE! Phear the uberness here, baby!

~Chris

i just think its gonna get out of hand soon as more people start getting them.

i just didn't like how askiles would run up and shoot me, ely, and other soldeirs a few times till he could see by our reflect that rrfe or TMS was gone. hed shoot us till we had to zone. then run back.

it is an effective tactic but when you start having a few soldiers on both sides wiht one then no soldier will be running TMS or rrfe and they'll all be dead! how exciting.

and in duels.. it is pretty amazing. insta win if your a soldier with one vs a soldier without one.
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

HMmm i just noticed it says greater then or Equal to 45 NCU. so that means anything over 45NCU can be canceled. i beleive TMS gets cancled because it is one of the only nanos with that high ncu cost. that and its sitting at the front of yout ncu list with only 1:20...

and what it does in real world terms is...

youll be standing there taking dmg.

NanoProgram Total Mirror Shield MKX casted succesfully.
    Player Askiles hit you for 120 points of radiation damage
    Player ASkiles hit you for 86 points of radiation damage
    Player Kromoz hit you for 12 points of projectile damage
    Nano Program Total Mirror Sheild MKX canceled.

Player askiles hit you for 1500 points of burst damage
    Player Kromoz hit youfor 3200 points of aimedshot damage
    Player askiles hit you for 700 points or radiation damage
    Player Kromoz hit you for 1300 points of projectile damage Crit!

your items will be reclaimed in 60 seconds.

if you get away you still have the nano shutdown for 2 minutes as well.
    Last edited by Nothinman; Dec 28th, 2002 at 21:20:40.
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

Use mk9, better then nothing, as well as Mrfe, 2% less reflect is better then 30% less.

Hang on a sec. From good ol' Auno on the Hellfury Notum Disruptor :

"remove target protection nanos <= 45 NCU 1 times"

I see less than or equal to in that statement meaning any protection nano down to Partial Deflection Shield for us sols...

This protection removal is crap...

Originally posted by Jodzio
    Use mk9, better then nothing, as well as Mrfe, 2% less reflect is better then 30% less.
    Gah yeah that might work : )

/tell hogtail wanna rematch?
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

It Suxxor

As you say sooner or later every soldier will have one. This means every battle a soldier will have shield cancelling duty. TMS gets cancelled at a high rate. And inop is still there when TMS does cancel. I think it's a bad idea at this point. Kind of makes TMS worthless and definatly makes you hesitant to use it in battles.

It only removes buffs one at a time tho, so if you got phalanx, AC and various other crap running you might get to keep the reflect a little longer.

One thing that seems a little odd is that the TL5 hellfury appears to have a check if the target is a soldier, and if it is it will not use the debuff effect. They aparently forgot to add this on the TL6 version.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast