Thread: What is wrong with MMORPG's

Post What is wrong with MMORPG's

I am providing a link to an article on Slashdot that talks about the problems with EQ specifically but can be applied to online gaming in general. I see many of the same mistakes happening here with AO. I really hate this since I do like the people that I know here in game. Funcom, please learn from their mistakes. I know that you have stockholders and a board of directors to answer to, however; There are too many options now and people can, and will, and have given up. Please, save the game from the management. Read this article, and replace "Sony" with "Funcom". Replace "Guide" with "Ark". Tell me that any of this can be denied right now? We are pleading with you to save AO from extinction. By reading this article you should know everything that you should have to do (or more precisely what not to do. We want to work with you. We have a vested interest in making our world better. Help us. This is sincere. This is not a flame. I am not the only one.

Fenris

Edit: Grammar Edit.
    Last edited by Fenris; Dec 27th, 2002 at 22:44:44.
    Bad Fixer
    Non Illegitimus Carborundum Est!

Actually that article is about Everquest.

And the insecure, needing, unfufilled instinct in all people, to find something outside themselves to complete themselves.

Ive been playing Anarchy Online since beta and 11.0

I quit in 12.6 with a lot of my friends due to some major technical issues with the gameplay.

I returned in 13.5 and have been here ever since.

Yes, I have taken some things too seriously, as alot of you know, Ive been in more guilds then changes of armor.

But, the point is, I enjoy AO still. It snot a chore to me, I like chatting with my ingame friends, and doin whatever with them.

Im not stuck on a levelling treadmill of doom,

I rarely do BS missions, and when I do its' with friends.

Mostly these days you'll find me at primus camp, either teamed or healing the teams there.

But, I still explore, and thats amazing. Ive seen every inchof land, and yet I still explore. Why do you ask? Cos I take friends with me who havent seen these places, and thats fun for us both.

I live in Ohio where theres NOTHING to do. So, AO is heaps fun