Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PVP Stuns in 13.6 will destroy PVP - Prevent from live please.

Come on now!

This'll be TONS o' Fun. We'll take the whompa and house rushing in 2h0 to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL!

Ya, if you can use treatment kits while opponent stunned, stun will be a bit overpovered in hand of NT & MP.
    Heck, i would say MP already a bit overpowered with they nanoshutdown - poblem here if your cant cast, you cant root/heal, if you cant root - you are dead against MP pets.

lets look at it this way

its like a nnao shut down that casters have been subject too for many months

its about time we will beable to debuff so to speak a weapon weilding class

as far as i know right now in the game there is no way to stop somone from shooting a wepon or debuff em so they would have to switch to a lower one

i get debuffed for 3 mins froma level 75 trade but i cant shut down a wepon class player for 4 secs?

pleeze this will bring some stability back to the catser professions and level they playing feild nicely

just because we as nt's have been forced to become way better in skill than the average player does not give you the right to say we should not have a basic attack that was in the games design form the get go but due to poor programming did not work.

just because there are a fw high level nt's that i believe would excel in pvp no matter what class they were doe snot mena the playing feild is atm level, this would give other lowr class nt's the chance to survive in pvp instead of being smashed every time they enter into pvp

ah.. guys

guys.. stun already works for brawl and some melee weapons.

I just hope

This is the first effective nano for a Crat in PVP...Since we cant use any of our class specialty's like charm...or mezz....Or roots and snares since everyone can break those in 1 second...Maybe we will finally get atleast one nano that gives us a second to attack ...Phear me I am the UBER ROOKIE CRAT...Oh never mind that won't happen....lol Anyone worried bout Crat owning PVP needs to splash his face with water

The chain casting is gonna be a prob.

Chain casting of stun nanos would make fighting a high level NT impossible. They should either raise the nanoAC to 190% or put a timer on them so they can only be used once a minute. I think the once a minute would be best, as it would give us NT's a chance to refresh our nano which got gimped with the dmg cap.

Heh.. can't wait to see the stun nanos in effect. To me they seem a bit overpowered, but it will be interesting to see their effect.

One question though.. is it possible to chain cast these stuns, or will you have at least time to pull of a full auto in between the stuns ? Can you use First Aid stims ?

And for the person saying that brawl has a stun effect, yes it is supposed to, but I have never been stunned by a brawl.

Originally posted by Magikha

And for the person saying that brawl has a stun effect, yes it is supposed to, but I have never been stunned by a brawl.
    I have. Most recently a few nights ago by Bruise (lev143 enforcer).
    He was wielding a beam but I think it was the brawl that stunned me.
    It even puts a little hostile-nano icon in your NCU
    (just called 'stun' or stunned'').
    Very short duration .. about 3 seconds .. couldnt move or shoot..
    then it expired.. the nano-icon disappeared from my ncu ..
    and I was back to normal.

annyoing when you're on the recieving end,
    but whether dished out by a beam or by a nuke
    i wouldnt call it overpowered; the duration is so
    short that it would take 3x as long to cast as
    it lasts and I'm not sure if it's just 'chance to stun'
    (like brawl has) rather than 'gauranteed stun'.

basically it means you'll miss a shot/hit. that's all.
    it's not long enough to even be considered an effective root.
    Last edited by Ejeckted; Jan 27th, 2002 at 11:25:36.

When stunned youc an do nothing. Cannot cast. Cannot move, cannot Full auto, cant do anything.

Brawl occasionally stuns.

Now if I was a MA, and I stunned for 5 seconds with every punch, which also did damage... that would seem overpowered.

I have *NO PROBLEM* with stuns if say, the cast of the stun time is the EXACT duration of the stun. So whoever is doing the stunning can't actually do ddamage to what they are stunning - This makes buddies in pvp good. And pvM too.

But if that stun, has 1000 damage behind it, and can be chain casted, then thats a problem.

Or if you stun, and your buddies (in the form of pets) go nuts then thats a problem.

Nano shutdown should be 300% or some ridiculous NR (imho)
    And Nukes like EC should have a *Chance* to stun (like brawl) and not stun every single time, which can let you nuke away while whoever is at the end will die 100% of the time and be unable to do anything.

I think stuns should be an attack roll.

For melee, your STR vs Opponent STA to determine if you get an additional stun in for normal hits, brawls.

For nano attacks, their Int v your PSY, or maybe Psy v Psy.

Thoughts?
    Of course straight stuns should be for Nano skill v Nano resist. Pet classes should not get stuns if they work in pvp.

The Solution is Simple !

People People...

the solution to this is dead simple !

make a stun formula so that, when you cast it:
    A. It drains the casters nano or the duration of the spell. at a HIGH rate. The spell would so not have a fixed duration, but be dependant on the amount of nano the person has. At a huge rate, that means that it would not last longer than the spell lasts now for a person with a 'normal amount of nano'
    B. During the cast. the person cannot cast any other spells (duh) and cannot attack (well maybe with pets, but they would get what.. .a few seconds - the time it takes to get there).
    C. The Target would be free after the nano is drained, but not only that the caster wil lfind himself very vulnerable after that cast. no nano left

The same would work very well fro root spells

I am not that far from using EC myself but...

... while I agree it would be fun and make NT's so much better I think it's bit too much.

Others have "stuns" yes, but they dont do damage same time or they dont last enough so you could rinse and repeat or they are not 100% sure ones like brawl which only last only 2-3 seconds.

I dont have problems for this nano occassionally stunning in PvP much like same chance as Brawl has now. I dont know what brawl stun is based on since I dont get stunned that often but perhaps this EC stun should be based on your NanoResist so that people would get reason to up that too...

Would give NT's something fun to play with while people catch up from their 100's nano resist much like Traders have had their fun while people up their Duck-Exp

Example, one of my chars has low 200 duck-exp. It never really put any points to it and it was hit in PvP 900, 900, 900 and that was from crappy shotgun. Basically he was critted every hit.

Same person hit my other char with maxed duck-exp and he got hit for 150's hits So all those whining how uber shotguns is you can forget that whine. Only persons who can get shotgun so high that you have something to fear are those who have shotgun as green skill.

Now if EC chance of stun would be based on NanoResist same would happen. People would be stunned ALOT at start but as time goes up, they would start raising NanoResist and it would balance it out. As said, I dont know what brawl is checked about so I cant say if that would be good % of stuns or not.

At the end I do wish to give NT's a damage nano that has nice secondary effect of stun CHANCE but it shouldnt be very high and by no means it should be automatical. Same could be said from MP and NT nanos that lower your nano skills. I think those should be possible to resist.

Zarch and bunch of other chars between 5 and 140

How much % total nano does it take +-, is it a very taxing nanospell nanopoll wise?
    Make it so the caster can't sit heal/recharge while the target is stuned and if the stun takes a fair amount of nano i don't see a problem.

The thing is, many classes are still Broken, and each time they make a fix to one class the ones underpowered feel even more penalised, but i say let them have it, but make sure you fix the other classes soon enough.

If a MP makes a nano shutdown, no more nukes/stuns periode
    if a trader makes a deprive no more big nukes/stuns
    a soldier can probably take it with the MK on, and then alpha strike the moment the stun breaks, etc

I'm a fixer, our class is weak, everytime they fix other classes we get even weaker, i'm not going to say nerf, i want my share when the day comes, just fix all the classes ok... i'm so used to beeing the forgoten class it doesn't make a difference, just make sure its balanced among the working classes, don't compare it to the broken classes.

so no sit heal/recharge while stuning nd no low nano cost so you can stun for ever, and i say congrats, you'r class is one step closser to beeing fixed

Now what about Fixers!!!! :P

Originally posted by Hextorr
    How much % total nano does it take +-, is it a very taxing nanospell nanopoll wise?
    Make it so the caster can't sit heal/recharge while the target is stuned and if the stun takes a fair amount of nano i don't see a problem.
    you're still enganged in combat,
    so the no sitting and using kits rule would not change.

honestly, a stun is so very short that this thread is
    just a huge over-reaction. "Stuns will destroy PvP"
    lol. the topic should be "Stuns will mildly inconvenience in PvP"

I'm a fixer, our class is weak, everytime they fix other classes we get even weaker, i'm not going to say nerf, i want my share when the day comes, just fix all the classes ok... i'm so used to beeing the forgoten class it doesn't make a difference, just make sure its balanced among the working classes, don't compare it to the broken classes.
    well i recently read a rumor that smgs
    are getting some nice changes.
    diff damage types + attack/recharge times
    reversed so you'll be able to burst much
    more frequently. (sorry, cant find the thread)

if true, that's a good start to fixing fixers,
    since low damage is one of their main problems.

combine that with this black market thing
    (assuming that becomes an important feature)
    and grid armor (if you can find it)
    and your emergency escape nanos
    (that i wish more fixers i team with knew when to use)
    and fixers start looking like a pretty good class . .
    Last edited by Ejeckted; Jan 28th, 2002 at 12:31:17.

lol scumbug.

I have seen stuns allow any user to solo any mob in the game.
    WHAT? ANY MOB IN THE GAME I SAY?

Yes. Any mob in the game. (Provided they dont chain resist it)
    Or any player now.

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    lol scumbug.

I have seen stuns allow any user to solo any mob in the game.
    WHAT? ANY MOB IN THE GAME I SAY?

Yes. Any mob in the game. (Provided they dont chain resist it)
    Or any player now.

ok, MiKE, I think you're confused.
    'Stun' is NOT the same thing as a 'Mez/Calm/Sleep' nano.

4 second stun? OMFG. How utterly teh SUCK!

So MA's are just dead then. Great. Not that we werent already. Oh screw it. I'm flying to norway and kicking some ass. You better lock the doors. I'll show you first hand what a good solid kick in the nuts does to an opponent, and maybe you can bring that to the next dev meeting.
    if you havent noticed already .. when MAs hit brawl they often stunn the target .. only thing is .. its broken aswell and will be fixed in this patch asfar as I see.

Originally posted by garpenlov

Supposedly Death's Gaze is a stun.
    I guess. It lasts for 4 sec and has a 5 sec recharge. So no back to back is possible for that one.

It also taunts and has a 150% resist.

Unhappy

Well I see PvP is still screwed.

i dont even want to here it from you besheba.
    you knoiw what this guy does? if your in 2h0 (or any pvp place) and its clanned controller and your omni flying around hell fly up to you in his yalm and dequip and as soon as it dequips hell cast a root on you, dropping you to the ground where it takes 10 seconds for you to get out of your yalm and he and all his friends eat you alive.
    him and garzu.
    too nad none of you couldnt stand a chance dueling without any of your friends help or bending the rules.

If Nano Resist wasn't completely broken, this might not be the end of the world.

Nano Resist is Broken

Just in case you didn't know.

Very few put IP into it because it doesn't work. Kind of the same thing as B&E before. If it doesn't work, why invest in it? The chests got harder to pick, and I have points in B&E now. If Nano Resist actually worked, I'd be happy. Once upon a time when I was a L9 PvP twink, I maxed nano resist and implanted it. You know what? It doesn't do a damned thing when maxed and implanted. Haven't put a point in there since.
    Last edited by Arinia; Jan 28th, 2002 at 23:51:57.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast