Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PVP Stuns in 13.6 will destroy PVP - Prevent from live please.

PVP Stuns in 13.6 will destroy PVP - Prevent from live please.

"Stuns fixed"

Um. Keeping it simple here - Thats overpowered.

Mr NT nukes with Electrifying Containment - A Stunning Nuke.
    He will be able to nuke this forever. Hell he'll be able to sit and heal and nano up in between if he runs out of nano.

Once that first nuke lands, the target will be stunned until the second nuke hits, and the 3rd, until target dies.

Same with Crats and MP

Cast Curse/Stun - /pet attack.
    Instant Win.

Even agents, use Stun-Shoot, Stun, Shoot, Stun Shoot until target dead.

= Overpowered more than any MK, or Burst ever was.-

forget agents! they cant cast any nanos while in fight, it takes about 10 to 15 seconds to cast 1 nano because of the high penalty ....

Yeah... Agents can't use any other proffesions nukes while in a battle and we have no agent specific stuns.

Re: PVP Stuns in 13.6 will destroy PVP - Prevent from live please.

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    "Stuns fixed"

Um. Keeping it simple here - Thats overpowered.

Mr NT nukes with Electrifying Containment - A Stunning Nuke.
    He will be able to nuke this forever. Hell he'll be able to sit and heal and nano up in between if he runs out of nano.

Once that first nuke lands, the target will be stunned until the second nuke hits, and the 3rd, until target dies.

Same with Crats and MP

Cast Curse/Stun - /pet attack.
    Instant Win.

Even agents, use Stun-Shoot, Stun, Shoot, Stun Shoot until target dead.

= Overpowered more than any MK, or Burst ever was.-
    So, what do you suggest to compensate all of us who have been waiting for our broken stuns to work (since day one of the game?)

Originally posted by eleetist
    Yeah... Agents can't use any other proffesions nukes while in a battle and we have no agent specific stuns.
    Supposedly Death's Gaze is a stun.

You tested it in test server? you will be still able to run into guards and zone, only thing is that you cannot do anything else while stunned (4 secs). Nano Shutdown lasts 2 mins?
    Last edited by Vatawna; Jan 29th, 2002 at 11:38:24.

4 second stun? OMFG. How utterly teh SUCK!

So MA's are just dead then. Great. Not that we werent already. Oh screw it. I'm flying to norway and kicking some ass. You better lock the doors. I'll show you first hand what a good solid kick in the nuts does to an opponent, and maybe you can bring that to the next dev meeting.

4 seconds? Root, stun, nuke for 1.5 k, stun, root, sit-nano nuke for 1.6k. next? Gimme a freakin break here. Ok when do MA's get a "foot in your mouth" nano that make it so you can't cast at all, hmm? Damn this game. Damn funcom. Damn you damn me, damn the universe. Damnit. =) Yep i'm not pleased. Now evertime i go into a mayhem zone I'll just wait to die without warning and without possiblility of escape or even retaliation. Stun...root, nuke, stun, nuke, root sit nano, nuke, nuke, stun, root, blah blah blah. GHEY! ARGHHH.

la la la

Oh sorry in advance if this was just a false alarm. =)

Kink is right, i have to agree with him, even when im an NT myself, would be just as stupid to deny that this is overpowered as it is stupid to deny that healing is overpowered, but it would be fun.

Oh sorry in advance if this was just a false alarm. =)

It is =)

Originally posted by garpenlov

Supposedly Death's Gaze is a stun.
    Well... there is one big problem with deaths gaze it takes as much time to cast as it stuns the person for... And that is if you've upped your nano init.

8 sec attack/recharge vs. 4.5 sec stun.... So I am not sure if this would even be that effective for a 4 sec stun... our gun attack/recharge is 5 seconds, so we get one shot before the nano wears out. Odds are we will have been shot once too while casting the nano. Net effect... we break even.
    Last edited by eleetist; Jan 25th, 2002 at 19:36:51.

Originally posted by eleetist

Well... there is one big problem with deaths gaze it takes as much time to cast as it stuns the person for... And that is if you've upped your nano init.

8 sec attack/recharge vs. 4.5 sec stun.... So I am not sure if this would even be that effective for a 4 sec stun... our gun attack/recharge is 5 seconds, so we get one shot before the nano wears out. Odds are we will have been shot once too while casting the nano. Net effect... we break even.
    Well, I never said it was useful... I was just pointing out that we do have a stun, no matter how useless it is..

So to get this straight, can you sit down and use treatment/nano kits while the target is "stunned"?

Okay - I didnt know the stats on the Agent "Stun"

But the NT one with Electrifying containment - Yes.
    Crat stuns with /pet attack - Yes.
    MP curse with /pet attack - Yes.

And yes, it breaks the "Fight" so you can sit down heal, etc. (at least in pvm, where these "broken" nanos work fine - one could therefore assume the "fix" is so they work on players. I always thought they never worked as it was a balance issue)

And Vat, you cannot move, or attack, or sit, or recharge, or do *anything* when stunned.

I'm not sure this IS going on live either - But it sure as hell shouldn't.
    Last edited by Kinkstaah; Jan 26th, 2002 at 01:05:46.

I am not quite understanding. They are fixing broken stuns. If its broken, it SHOULD be fixed no? They took the range away from us NTs...so ....at least we get a tiny crumb of something here . not much but better than nothing ...

K
    NT with bad hair

This may be a little unbalancing in 1vs1 PvP, but AO was designed with Team PvP in mind. This should have little effect on team PvP.

Sure not many people team for PvP now, but if/when we can capture territory, Team PvP will become the norm, not the exception.

until they make titles achievable through teams i doubt there will be much true 'teaming'...although im sure there will still be plenty of gang bangs:P

Yeah...this will unbalance 1v1 pvp somewhat..but as mentioned pvp wasnt meant to be a 1 v 1 type of thing, and most people(if you are below 75 you dont count) dont just fight 1 on 1..even now...go to 2ho or some other hot spot and youll see either several lvl 150ish clanners or some lvl 150ish omnis camping the grid...i dont care how good ur nano init is..u go in there without some buddies your stun isnt gonna do anything to save you. maybe NTS or crats could pull it off(i dont know how long their stuns are) but mps sure as hell couldnt, with a 5 s stun...

GOOD GOD

4 secs is not that long

rember most recharge times for a nt is 4 secs

finnaly they fixed somthing that we were supposed to have from day one

if it stuns and we fire a gun stun is over

if we stun by the time we cast next nuke stun will more then likely be over

its about time we NT's have gotten somthing that was supposed to be in the game

Wink such thing called nanoresist ;p

there skill called nanoresist you might want up it ;p

Originally posted by MiKEBoND

And Vat, you cannot move, or attack, or sit, or recharge, or do *anything* when stunned.

I'm not sure this IS going on live either - But it sure as hell shouldn't.
    Once again, have you tested it on Test Server?

This is a fix of something broken, not a new option or even an add. You tested if you can use your lower ql rage to break it as enforcers are breaking our 800ish skill roots with their lower rage?

"4 secs is not that long"

Long enough to sit heal/renano and THAT means infinite stuns, which means at worse a given win in 1v1.

As for nanoresist, HA! Good joke. I'll just use those 500k spare IP's I have laying around so I can still resist squat.

As for group PvP, I agree and disagree. I'd argue that having any class able to dominate another completely ruins PvP for the lesser class, but there already exist things called metas that dominate everyone. Those demon pets are SO outrageous, my god. I think a stun that interrupts casting is fine, but anything that breaks the attack for the stunned character is utter hogwash. It's bad enough root is instacast, low nano, and renders MA's both unable to do damage and unable to escape. We're supposed to be dangerous- I tell you! We're not JUST nurses!! =)

ok being a NT as fun as it "would" be.. for pvp it would be overpowered

reason being the recharge on it is 3.7 seconds ( the spell) yet the stun lasts 5.2 seconds i believe... so i could just keep casting while the sorry person just watches himself die with nothing he can do about it..

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast