Thread: Look familiar?

I don't know about that. I rolled my eyes when I read it.

The article was written with too much anger and bitterness to be remotely effective.

Not that I don't see the points that were made.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

That's what, the 800th /. article about online games? Nothing new, move along.

~Chris

You know you can take that article and put almost any other MMORPG game there and it would fit.

No other game is any different, so what the point in singling out just one game?

Sounds to me like another specifically pissed off EQ player. +shrug+
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

That's funny, I read it and thought it paralleled the last year in AO and Funcom's role on these forums quite closely, with the exception of in-game customer service. Its gotten better in AO thanks to the ARK program, where it seems to be getting much worse in EQ.

I never played EQ, so *shrug* I can only assume what the article says is accurate. Though the similarities are striking.

First of all, yes, most games could have that said about them to an extent.

Second........ WTF is a MUD? probably a dumb question, never seen the word before. Or MUSH, either. tf wit teh mush.
    Pfft, the GMs and ARKs aren't rid of me yet! Back for a third round, in this corner, we have Vamp. Weighing in at a buck-fiddy and lovin' all the bitties.

Donations to the "Why Did Vamp Give All His Gearz Away" fund are now being accepted. Either that, or a friendly hello.

MUD: Multi-User Dungeon. Run round, kill things, talk to people.

MUSH: Multi-User Shell. Run round, jabber with each other, engage in disturbing acts of cyber.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.