Thread: Something Interesting

Question Something Interesting

Well, this seemed like a good place to post this, so here goes.
    I have a lvl 58 doc who recently joined a team. We all decided to go out to VB and try and level. Well, we get there, and there is a lvl 125 MA fighting the VBs. Now, I don't know whether a person gets XP from VBs at lvl 125, but it was obvious that they were easy for him, as they did virtually no damage to him. Even though I found this odd, I just shruged it off and prepared to fight. After all, there are plenty of VBs for all of us. So, he's "busy" fighting a VB and we pull one of our own. Since the MA kills these things in about 5 seconds, he quickly finished his off, and ran over to attack ours. Well, obviously, a group of 4 level 50s cannot compete aginst a 125 MA, with his 1K crits and 2K brawls. This happened over and over again; each time he would steal our kill. Eventually, after asking him to stop numerous times, I petitioned. The ARK, who was very nice, asked if he was looting the bodies. I saw that he was, and told the ARK he was. What the ARK told me suprised me. He said that, as long as the MA was looting the bodies, they were "fair game." I next proposed a hypothetical question to the ARK. I asked him that if, at lvl 200, I went into a n00b backyard and killed all the animals, stealing kills from the lowbies, and looted the bodies, then it would be ok? He said yes, as long as I had a legitimate purpose. If I told him that I was doing it simply because I wanted monster parts, then it would be considered legitimate, right? He said yes, then ended the conversation. I have part of our conversation in a screen shot since it amazed me so much. Don't get me wrong; while I am angry that the MA was allowed to KS, I am more suprised at the game mechanics which would allow a lvl 200 to KS from a lvl 1. If I remember correctly, a lvl 200 who was looting mobs for a legitimate reason, KSing from lvl 90ish players, was banned (or warned, can't remember which, she posted about it) for this. Anyone else had experience with this?

Edited for bad typing
    Last edited by DocHippo; Dec 27th, 2002 at 15:22:38.

That is just so...wrong. KS is KS. -_- How annoying.
    Testlive addict.

Regular ARK spin.

~Chris