Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible Event on RK-2

Post An Update of sorts

Ok, after some consideration, I think this event would best be served, in a roleplaying sense, by being held in Stret West, at and around Reet's Retreat.

Having decided that, the next thing I'd like to think about is what will be actually happening at the event, and to that end, I'd definitely welcome suggestions.

Naturally, the main focus of this event is to create a sort of "trading bazaar", where everyone can come and trade items they no longer want, or have put together... offer their services for buffs/implants/tradeskills/etc... roleplay the buying and selling aspects of the game...all without having to sit around monitoring the Trade channels. I'll be designating seperate areas for specific trading 'types', along the lines of "Tradeskill trading", "Buff and Implant Work", "General Item Trading", and the like, to cut down on Vicinity chat traffic as much as possible.

Some other possible events I've envisioned:

* Scheduled 'hunting trips' to popular spots
    * 'Profession Guides' for newer players (more established players helping newer players out through suggestions and such)
    * In-game Seminars on interesting topics (for those who enjoy lectures )

Again, any ideas you may have are welcome. Keep in mind though... I don't want to make things *too* mammoth; I'm only one person, and I can't do everything by myself.

Once we've got a handle on the above, my next step will be to assign 'time slots' for people who wish to 'staff' this event (by 'staff', I mean on-duty organizers, not players who wish to trade)... probably in 2-3 hour blocks, with an 'alternate' in case of unforseen issues and emergencies. I, myself, will likely take a slot for early afternoon Pacific Standard Time, as that's the time zone I'm located in. I'll post a list of 'suggested qualifications' later this week.

Oh, and by the way: Puppetfinger, is was nice to meet you in-game last weekend... I'm still shopping for a 'event staff' uniform

Post Great ideas!

You have some very good ideas, and I'll be happy to help. I only wish I had some ideas too, since you are looking for more. The event seems quite large already, and I am really wondering how to controll the masses, if many people come. I don't think there only should be one organizer online during the event. As you stated above, there should be at least 2, 1 for backup. I know I would feel very much alone if I where to handle a "time slot" alone, what if I crashed? Who would run the event then?

Hopefully, the event will start spinning on its own, people appearing to sell stuff, and we only showing them where the designated areas for each "sales type" are. The way I see it, is that we only help others get to the right spot, organize and hopefully we can get those "hunting trips", "seminars" , "profession guides" and other small events going. But our main purpose would be trying not to let the event spin out of control. Hopefully other players will listen to us.

Omg, this event already looks "mamooth"!! Hope we can handle this. Perhaps we should ask the ARKs for help?

PS. It was nice meeting you too, Wintermark. Now if we could organize a meeting for all those interested in being a "staff-member", we could start planning in more detail.

See you ingame!!

Wo says it has to be just 1 time? Why not make it continuos. There are plenty of empty buildings on the neutral side. It would be great to just set up shop in one of those buildings. If only players could furnish those places.

Not just one time

Well, my "grand plan" was to, if this first event turns out, continue to have it on a semi-reular basis... perhaps once every three months, to co-incide with the seasons (what *are* the seasons on Rubi-Ka?)

In any case... puppetfinger's got a good point... so as much as I love my sleep, I'm prepared to spend the majority of the day physically online, wearing my nifty "Official Trade Convention Organizer Tshirt" lol

Good idea about the ARKs, as well; at the very least they can post a system-wide message, right? I'll try to get in contact with one this weekend.

One more thing

BTW, the target "date" I'm planning for this event is going to be the end of the month. By that time, I should have enough r/l stuff cleared away that I'll have a temporary website up with a schedule of events, and the like, and will have MUCH more time to devote.

Which means, puppetfinger, that I won't keep having to log when you drop by to talk.

Wink excellent!

Sounds like things are coming together.

Coordinate with our event

Jester's Vengeance is sponsoring a party at Reet's Retreat, 2300 GMT on Saturday, March 2 on RK2. We have lined up the services of the great Djqtpie who will be broadcasting her techno tunes over the net. She puts on a great show and her music rocks! This would be a great tie in to your trade bazaar.

You can download the winamp player at www.winamp.com and she gives out the address during the party between each song. The DJ (Qtpie) broadcasts most evenings and can be found on RK1 at Babboons.

This party is for clan, neutral and omni alike. This is a social event so leave your armor and weapons at home. If you can not remove them from your main character, make a neutral alt. For those of you who do not know how to get to Reet's Retreat, here is the Directions:

Get to Newland by either whompa (clan) or grid (omni) and take the whompa to Borealis. Take the Whompa to West Stret Bank. Make a left through the archway to your left and make a left as soon as you pass into the corridor. Go straight through two archways and Reet's Retreat is the big building directly in front of you.

Bring your dancing shoes and practice those dance steps! More details will be forthcoming as they are developed (theme, etc.)
    Last edited by Elvia; Feb 22nd, 2002 at 20:51:52.

Unhappy Y'know....

I'm taking too long to set this up.

And, unfortunately, things for me are not going to get better. I've just got too many things on my plate, both in-game and out of game (especially out of game... I may be moving soon ), that I no longer feel that I can pull this off... even a toned-down, low-key trading event. I'd like to truly apologize to everyone who's been looking forward to it.

It is my hope that I can restart this a little later on; perhaps at the end of March. I really want to contribute to the world of RubiKa-2, and I'd very much like to trade with fellow players... but I won't be able to commit to this right now.

Again, my apologies, and I hope that, shortly, I'll be able to pull my act together a little better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12