Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Event on RK-2

Question Possible Event on RK-2

Though I'd through this out to see what interest there might be...

How would any RK2 players feel about a "Trade Convention"? Sure, we have a trade channel... but I think it'd be alot more fun (not to mention more likely to attract 'customers') if everyone was gathered in one spot for that specific purpose... for one thing, you'd not have to sit around for hours hoping someone wants that item you're trying to sell.

I'm envisioning players who've accumulated a lot of gear 'setting up shop', as it were... tradeskill classes might look into putting together some of the (nonbroken) item recipies... people with tradeskill items sitting around could trade them to people who'd actually *use* them... players with high nanoprogramming skills might offer their services in return for *whatever*... maybe even a couple of small 'tutorial'-like events (I'm personally fond of offering to follow new players around, offering advice and tips, and only entering combat when they've obviously bitten off more than they can chew :wink... there are a lot of possibilities.

Naturally, lag might become more than a little annoying... but I can think of a few ways to 'spread the players around' to minimize that. It could even be a multi-day event, if I could manage to recruit other players to help organize and manage the thing.

Assuming that people like the idea, and if done, it turns out to be a success... I've got a couple of more combat-and-strategy oriented ideas that might be worth trying out. In any case, this "Trader Convention" would be a way to find out what would work on such a (theorhetically) grand scale, and what does not.

So.... if you've got some thoughts, please feel free to post them.

Oh, one more thing.... the reason I'm suggesting RK2 is because... well... I don't play on RK1. However, if someone wanted to set up something similar on RK1, I'd be more than happy to help plan it out.

great idea

Contact me ingame (Lordhelmchen) if I can be of help...
    one thing to make sure is that there will be a bank terminal nearby... I guess that is where most Tradeskill-oriented chars have their componets stored

I'm in! I am an engineer afterall

message 'Sepentura' on Rubi-Ka
    or email serrephim@hotmail.com
    Sepentura

"The future is in your hands."

Former Leader - Sea of Change

Thumbs up Wonderful idea!

This would be a great event! Both fun and useful. I've got lots of junk to sell. Unfortunately i rarely have time on the weekdays, but at weekends i do. I would love to attend this event, and perhaps also help if I can with my little time. Just send me a /tell ingame(RK2), my char name is Puppetfinger. Anyway keep this thread updated please.

Events are just what Rk2 needs!

Will try to be there

Just let me know when and where.

Good Idea...

Lightbulb

Thanks

It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I can get this ball fully rolling, but it'll get there.

BTW... I also really only have the weekends to play, so if I'm the organizer, the weekends would be the 'timeframe' I'd be shooting for.

Here's my initial thoughts for this 'Convention'... please feel free to chime in with your own input and suggestions.

As I'd like to make this an 'open' event, where any player can attend, be they Omni, Clan, or Neutral... a Neutral city or outpost seems best. This'd make me say "Newland", but I've noticed that Newland tends to have signifigant lag, compared to other cities.

'Course... we've still got an amnesty, for however long it lasts... so if this event comes off before that's over, Athen might be a better choice.

I'd like to have the convention set up in an area nearby (and partially within) a club or two; that'd help reduce some of the lag and Vicinity spam. We could divide things into different areas; as an example, say... Tradeskill item sellers might hang out in 'Neuters R Us', in Newland. Implant makers might hang out just outside that club. People selling extra loot they've got lying around might set up nearer to the 'New Arrival' areas... or even better, inside one of those areas (as it's a seperate area, and therefore, would help reduce the lag).

In fact, no that I think about it... Newland's got the perfect layout.... unless there's a club in Borealis that I've missed.

Lightbulb other possible location

What would you say to Last Ditch (Whompah to Stret West Bank from Borealis) ?
    Neutral (?) town with lots of market stands, a nearby bank terminal and the Reet Retret.

Re: other possible location

Originally posted by LordHelmchen
    What would you say to Last Ditch (Whompah to Stret West Bank from Borealis) ?
    Neutral (?) town with lots of market stands, a nearby bank terminal and the Reet Retret.
    hehe beat me to it!

reat retreat has multi lvls in in it and lots of rooms, but it is a clan op I beleave so omni won't be able to use the bank, they would have to wompa to get into thier bank. I'm clan so it won't hurt me hehe.

give a eta of the date this will happen and I will bring my 92 nt there to do imps ( i can make full sets of ql 110 imps and some higher)
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Question

I'm not 100% sure, but iirc, i - being neutral - could get missions there. I guess neutral misison treminals are a sign of a neutral city, aren't they? :-)

Question Ehhhh..... Just 1 question..

Is Domongier your ingame name? I really want to hear more about what you have planned, and help you out if needed.
    I haven't witnessed a single event, player or non-player. I would enjoy trying to help make one.

My in-game name is Wintermark.

Please feel free to /tell me... I'd love to talk with other players about the possible events we could organize as part of a giant "Trading Convention".

Reet Retreat is a solid idea; Most everyone knows where it is, and it's pretty accessible, so it's probably the best choice.

Right now, I've got a majillion r/l things I'm having to take care of, but I *am* working on the details for this event. One of the things that I'm currently doing is setting up an event-specific map - that is, a map of the entire inside of Reet's Retreat (in this case), and the 'market area' surrounding it. I'm going to be labelling the specific areas (Weapon Makers will congragate here, Loot Sellers will use this area, etc...). I'm planning on creating a webpage to post the details and the map.

One thing I could use some suggestions on, though, is on the subject of crowd control - how to keep specific groups in specific areas, how to keep the lag down if there's a lot of people showing up, how to keep people from harassing anything that moves because they want a Stigma Rifle, but can't be bothered to look at a map to determine where all the people selling weapons are located, and the like.

For those that may be curious, I'm using a tool called AOPad for the map creation, as it allows me to custom label specific areas (ala Baldur's Gate).

Count me in.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

I'd be interested

Depending on how easy it is to get to this place from Tir! I have tones of guns and kit to sell off (I'm a soldier we collect these things) the only problem is I'm in the UK so depends on the Time frame.

Could you post routes from say Tir and Omni 1 to get there? It'd be useful for us new types!

We need more things like this on RK2!

Mawdrigen
    The Returned.
    We we're dead and now we are not... go figure.

Wink Count me in!!!

Great Idea!
    Send me a /tell Maroussia/Healinghands.
    I am from Europe but I play a lot so I would love to help.
    (Have a lot of stuff to sell and can do 80+ treatment buff and IC with my doc.
    We need more events on Rubi2!!!

Maybe Neutral ground would be better?

There is Borealis and there is Newland City, perhaps. I haven't spent much time in Borealis but it seemed a large place; Newland City is a little cramped but perhaps the open cafe area near the Bronto stand? I guess it would depend on how many are coming. Actually one of the General Stores in Newland has a large bar area downstairs from the Trade vendor machines.

Btw, OOC, also live in Europe.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

Post Regarding Location and Safe Routes

Alright, here's what I'm going to do.

This weekend, I'll be spending a goodly amount of time scouting locations. Reet's Retreat is *almost* perfect, except for the fact that Stret West's Clan-affiliated, if I'm remembering correctly. Don't want newer players getting killed trying to get there.

So, I'll check that out. I'll also double-check Borealis and Newland, though as pointed out above, Newland's a little cramped, so Borealis might be the best choice. Again, I'll check these things out, and make a solid choice.

Once I've done that, I'll post the safest routes to get there. From Clan cities, getting to Borealis or Newland is a piece of cake, as you can simply take the Whompas to your destination, no risk involved. Omni's a little more of a problem, though, so I could use some help figuring out the best route.... unless, of course, someone with access to the Team Grid nanos and/or Comp Lit buffs is willing to be 'on call' in order to bring Omni's over. In any case, I'll do my best to provide a solution with the least amount of hassle.

While I'm on this weekend, I'll try to contact those of you who have posted in this thread, as I'm fairly confident I can conscript a few of you to help out. If (as seems likely) I end up having to have a 'team' of coordinators during the actual event, I'll try to set up something that 'sets us apart'... maybe we'll all get to wear Hawaiian-print Shirts, or something.

As usual... any thoughts, comments, suggestions, gifts, women, or chocolate chip cookies are appreciated.

Post Oh, yeah...

The Returned: You mentioned the issue of time zones, as you're a european player.

It's my *intention* to make this a full-day event, so players from any time zone can take part.

Yoiks... I haven't set up TOO big a task for myself, have I?

hey no problem..

If you want me /tell mawdrigen and I'll try and be there (If I can work the whompas)

I will be busy on saturday afternoon though as I'm organising a Big Game Hunting trip Near Tir! I might be able to make the morning session.

It seems a lot of the people posting here for RK2 are Euro Cool!

Mawdrigen
    Lvl 8 soldier.
    FIGHT FOR RK2 STORY!
    The Returned.
    We we're dead and now we are not... go figure.

Newland and Borealis are both neutrals cities.....Omni can grid to newland safley....low lvl omnis gotta travel by foot or car if they cant use grid anyway. And clanners can just whompa to Newland and from Newland to Borealis
    And last time i was in Street West Bank it was neutral.....not clan.
    The whompa to Street West Bank is in Borealis so it will be safe for everyone.
    Ill gladly show up since im a neutral and our trade channels are dead

Cool :)

I'm european too!

(GMT+1=CET)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast