Thread: Got this in e-mail, "Would you like to get to know each other.."

Got this in e-mail, "Would you like to get to know each other.."

i got this e-mail yestrerday and thought is was hilarious. so funny, that i shared it with the IRC chat room..

Date: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 12:50PM
    Subject: Would you like to get to know each other??

Hey there, I'm Erica. I got your email address from a friend and thought I'd get in touch. I'm kind of new to this whole thing, the internet and meeting people on the internet. I thought I'd tell you a little about myself, I'm 26 and single. I work at a jewlery shop as a salesperson, and I'm looking to meet new friends. I'm open for anything, we can be penpals, friends or I am open to an intimate relationship. I hope thats not too forward. I'm very into dining, camping, outdoors, dogs, beaches (when I'm lucky), and sunday football. I'm trying really hard to understand better, but I just get a kick out way men adore sunday football. Well if you'd like to talk some more then send me back an email, I have some pics for you too see as well. My email is
    ************@hotmail.com

Hope to talk some more
    Erica
    __________________________________________________ _

now, it's funny cause i have 2 RL friends. also, i've never found a girl that was interested in the male bonding ritual that is called football.

does anyone else get these e-mails? i was just wondering cause it's funny

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

Yep, I usually get a chuckle or two out of them.

Then I press the delete key and do something more productive. Like playing AO.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

I ****ing hate football.
    Both of 'em.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Lies, all Lies

First off, I met my RL wife online 4 years ago, and we are now a family, She, me, and 9 month old boy genius, so internet meetings are real.

This is crap. You will email back, and some mailbot will send you some pics. then give you a website to go to and you will have to pay to see more.

Does the return address match the one she quoted in the email?

Is her email sonething like: hotlucious@hotmail, or is it Ericajones@hotmail?

What did your 2 friends say?

I guess that in truth it could be real. But I seriously doubt it.

Capacitor is right, It was foolish to include "Sunday football" That was too much BS to walk. Beside if she were a fan she would just say "Football", or NFL, as it comes on Mondays as much as sunday anyway.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Bliqz
    Capacitor is right, It was foolish to include "Sunday football" That was too much BS to walk. Beside if she were a fan she would just say "Football", or NFL, as it comes on Mondays as much as sunday anyway.
    She wouldn't say NFL if she wasn't from America ((you know, from the outside world )).

I had one not so long ago - but I have a girlfriend and I'm not the sort of desperate person to go answering random emails. Now, if that email had your friend names and didn't talk about football/photographs...

...never know heehee

it's spam like this and the rest that slows the Internet down

Take care
    Jharick "Jhanarr" Naarr
    Long since left AO :: Catch me on the forums!

Muffins are for sharing, so be cool - buy me a muffin, today!

My Five GUI Skins:::download them now!

America is all there is, and the world is flat. and the sun revolves around the earth, and the stars are pin holes in a glass sphere.

Im sorry, you are right there is more to this world than just NFL football. But my guess is that football, soccer, rugby, whatever still comes on other days than just Sunday.

Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))