Thread: Funcom Xmas gifts :)

Funcom Xmas gifts :)

I just wanted to say kudos to Funcom for creating gift items that were for *FUN*!

Not uber, no buffs, just plain fun.

It would have been better if more santa leets had spawned, but I think the gifts they chose were great and lots of fun.

-=STRATAH=-

TFC coup co-conspirator
    Member of The Mocker's Naked, Co-ed, Full contact, Drunken, Synchronized Blitzing Team

-=The Mockers=-

Actually they are all over in certain zones like Andromeda and Newland Desert. In one spot I found 70 (no exaggeration) santa leets in one spot, it was quite a gory scene after my bot was done.

Yes, that's exactly the problem. Someone kills 70 and fills his bags with goodies, and others got none. Bah humbug!

I didn't see anyone out there with me when I was killing, so... what to do, just leave them there?

yea I think there were WAY too many santa leets. I found so many that I filled 19 bags. I gave many away for free on christmas. But yes, overall it was fun.
    Toadman538 - 196 Soldier
    President of CAS

Hehe I stocked up pretty well too.
    Leets are all gone now, i been giving the presents away to friends, friends of friends, etc..
    Especially since you can tell whats in them without opening, you can be like "which ones don't you have, I'll hook you up".
    Eventually, maybe in a few months they'll be worth something.

The thing that got on my nerve was that, on a few occasions over the holiday, huge amounts of Santa Leets spawned all at once. Of course they were devoured in a very short time by the people who were on. That meant that some people got tons of Gifts and others (who didn't happen to be on during the mass spawnings) got nothing.

But oh well. I guess it would have been too much for FunCom to just give something to all the players, without making it into a competition.

.. didnt u have anythin better to do

THEY RESPAWNED! Within like an hour too.
    You make it sound like it was pumpkinheads.

bahh...

i found 1,1 litle santa leet.....bwahaha.....
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

All I got was coal and a trip to reclaim...

Ok so here I am wondering around GOF with my new NT and playing my new copy of NW. When all of a sudden Santa Leet with his great big red hat stares me down. "He cons read," I shouted in disbelief. So I gathered my will and cast Malaise of Movement on poor St. Leet.

Well, turns out St. Leet really is a red con and has great Nano counters against a poor level 7 NT.

So Santa Leet opened his bag of goodies, pulled out a great big can on, well you know, and sent me back to reclaim.

All I can say is, "Thanks for shortening my trip back Santa!"

Nanosalvager, Solitus NT of Rimor

Yeah, the Santa Leets/Christmas gifts were a great idea. Just some silly items that we can have fun with. Too bad I was visiting family for the holidays and was stuck with a Pentium 1 with 2mb video card!
    *Atlantean*
    Firelle, Veteran of Valor Eternal
    Babylon, Plasticity, Sumeria, Senzi, Nefret, Haloed, etc.

*Rimor*
    Vivaryn

Cyclophenia - Played on GSP! Support Viredan's musical creations so he can buy more Plummo!

They seem to be around and its long past the 26th. I wonder if they will leave them until new years?
    Would be nice for all those people that were busy on the 25th can get a chance to get up in some gifts.

I was on my level 45 Fixer alt early this morning (Dec 30) and found a Santa Leet milling around all alone in Athen Shire.

Not sure what he was doing out there all by himself, but, uh...he's not out there anymore.

:P
    -=STRATAH=-

TFC coup co-conspirator
    Member of The Mocker's Naked, Co-ed, Full contact, Drunken, Synchronized Blitzing Team

-=The Mockers=-

There are still LOTs of Santa Leets about. Bagged 20-30 of the cute little fuzzballs on Saturday. Just go out in the wilds and find big spawns of 20-100 level creatures and tab tab tab. These things are all over the place and I can't believe that people are making a fuss about there not being enough.

Here it is 5 days after Christmas and I am still finding Santa Leets. I found some in Mort just last night. I guess we didn't get em all.

I filled a bag with Christmas gifts, then visited Tir Backyard 1 to distribute them to the newcomers. So if you see many people below level 10 with arrows through their heads, it might be because of me.

It's Christmas!
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I think they just aren't respawning.