Thread: Please Help A Noob

Unhappy Please Help A Noob

(Not sure if this is the right forum as I am new)

Right I am half way through my 7 day trial of AO but am I getting conned if I want to stay playing the game? It says that in a few days after the 7 are up I will start paying $19.95 a month this will be including the 7 days I have already had so I get for $19.95 a months play. But if I were to pay $9.95 for the full game without the 7 days trial would I still get 1 months play free for half the price? Is this a really good con they are running? Sounds like it.

Is it more beneficial for me to buy the NOTUM WARS for $19.95 and get the 1 months free with that for the same price and the upgrade?

I don't want to kill off my new 4 day old character but if it is gonna save me money I will have to do it.

Thanks in Advance
    Moonunit

Yeah, it is more beneficial to buy NW and get your free 1 month that way.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I agree. Dump your existing trial, buy NW, resgister a new account, transfer your items/cash from the 4 day n00b to a new one on the new account, and start again. Be quick cos you are running out of time!

Oh, you would be charged $20 once only (as you downloaded the game) and then $13 a month thereafter. With NW you would only get charged the $13 a month, and as the game costs $20 you will get AO, NW expansion, an original CD and 30 days play tmie free for the same price
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

yes what they said

Please "Xzeep" It - Atrox Fixer - 220/30
    Dictator of Small Hands of Trump

Please "Halpme" - Nanomage Enforcer - 220/30
    "Tolerable" - Nanomage Adv - 220/30

Originally posted by Xzeep/Infectbeast
    yes what they said
    that REALLY adds something to this thread

I was faced with the same decision when my 7 day trial appoached its ending.

I decided to let my subscription progress to the 8th day and pay the 19.95.

All of the above arguements are true. It is definately cheaper to cancel your subscription now. So I'm not *telling* you to keep it. However-

After playing 6 days with one character, I was rather attached to it. It was worth it to me to pay a bit more and not reroll.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Or if you're like me and live in New Zealand where to buy the game for $20US tacks on a $50US shipping bill...ha (the vanilla version of AO has been recalled in NZ and NW isnt available here so I have no choice but to get it from overseas).

Yeah right, no way in hell am I paying $150~ for a game, the d/l for $40NZ is FAR better value for me.

Only problem is, unless NW is put up for d/l sometime in the future or I can get it snail mail there is no way I'll be able to get it
    Firalon; Would you like a spanner in the works?

Nedax; Grazed knee is it?

A true diplomat knows how to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that he looks forward to the trip...